Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Power vision and 30 tooth pulley  (Read 6515 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Power vision and 30 tooth pulley
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »

I did the 30t sprocket too.  My sprocket is an Andrews 30t.  It's of a standard width.  They tell me the Triglide 30t is wider than the touring bike sprockets, but there's room for it to fit anyway.

I have TTS on my bike and I did the VSS adjustment.  There is a calculator in TTS that when you size in your tires and sprocket, it comes out within just a mile an hour or so, just a bit fast.  I then re-tweaked it again to get it just right against my GPS.

I bought a gusset kit for $25.00 from barefoot3zk5.  He still has them available in the For Sale forum, just do a search for gusset.

Other than my initial TTS tune and Fullsac baffles, this 30t has been my best back for the buck upgrade!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

My cruise and 6th gear light also worked after the change and before the calibration.  I was about 10 mph fast without the calibration.

With the wife on the back, as said before, the 1st gear get up and go is fantastic.  The first test ride was great.  I was alone and got onto the freeway.  My entrance ramp run up was awesome.  I swear I lifted the front tire when I banged 2nd gear.  (Wishful dreaming on my part, but it "felt" like I did anyway.)  I was always able to run without lugging at slower speeds than others seemed to be able to do, but now it is truly what HD should be doing in the beginning, at least on CVO's.  I know it would hurt their overall mileage estimates, but I don't think motorcycles are under the mandates that car manufacturers are in that regard.

Good luck with your tweaking of the VSS and enjoy the new speeder ride.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 01:23:32 AM »

If you go the 139 tooth belt route, which I'd have to do on my wife's trike, does anyone make a belt that will last?
Steve

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »

Greetings,

DO NOT USE AFTERMARKET BELTS!!!!!!   They all break.  I found out the hard way.  :soapbox:  Not sure what you need to do on a trike.  They already come with a 30 tooth sprocket.  Barefoot's kit is the only way to go for us 140 tooth bagger people.

We are keeping Howard's kit in stock as well as the Tri-Glide 83595-11 30 tooth sprocket.  To speed the process up we have a late model swing arm that we weld up and machine out so that we can do the swap quickly.  Much easier to sell the job if you can do it without waiting on parts or machine work.

SteveM   :drink:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.