Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Took my bike to a meeting  (Read 1723 times)

FLHTCUSE7

Took my bike to a meeting
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »

I decided to take the Bike for this weeks work meetings. Stopped for the night in Marquette, MI,  and on to meetings in Lower MI today and tomorrow then Chicago and eventually Milwaukee.

Only part I will not enjoy is crossing the Mackinaw bridge later this am. Highs are not my friend from a ground based structure.

Collected a few bugs so I am hoping for a good rain by the end of the week to clean her up. 

Parked outside the Country Inn and Suites this am.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Took my bike to a meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »

I decided to take the Bike for this weeks work meetings. Stopped for the night in Marquette, MI,  and on to meetings in Lower MI today and tomorrow then Chicago and eventually Milwaukee.

Only part I will not enjoy is crossing the Mackinaw bridge later this am. Highs are not my friend from a ground based structure.

Collected a few bugs so I am hoping for a good rain by the end of the week to clean her up. 

Parked outside the Country Inn and Suites this am.

I had the same concerns in reference the Mackinaw bridge for the same reason earlier this month.  I found it to be anti-climatic.  Turns out it's just a bridge, LOL.

JW

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »

I had the same concerns in reference the Mackinaw bridge for the same reason earlier this month.  I found it to be anti-climatic.  Turns out it's just a bridge, LOL.

JW

So it's just like the Dragon? LOL lots and lots of hype and then you get there and ride it and find out it's just a fun piece of slab to ride and that you've already ridden more challenging roads  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

I have been back and forth over the Mac bridge once. It was minus 2 degrees and the wind had me holding the wheel over to keep it straight. But the view was great  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »

View from my hotel balcony in Charlevoix, MI, two days here might be rough......

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »

View from my hotel balcony in Charlevoix, MI, two days here might be rough......

WTH rough job!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.