Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: CVO's hard to sell  (Read 50806 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: CVO's hard to sell
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »

Some are still fetching good money. The 09 O/B shark is an example. I wish you guys wouldn't get so upset with the pricing. I've been selling stuff for most of my life. And regardless if you are buying or selling what you've got is never worth more than someone is willing to pay! If the dealers are asking some crazy price just donw buy it. Its their bike they can do what evey they want to.

BigLew

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »

Who says CVOs are depreciating??

There is a O/B '09 SERG, 22k miles, on the floor at (the new) Emerald Coast HD in Ft Walton Beach. I asked the new GM (who happened to be on the floor) what they were asking for the '09 and he promptly said $32k, I made comment that was what they were new, and he immediately piped up "No, they were $39k new." I told him my yellow '09 that I just dropped off for service was $32k, but that I hope you get it ($32k)... Then he goes on that they can no longer give discounts (on parts) because that effects their (new bike) allocations...

What the.... :nixweiss: I'm not a business operations expert but that just doesn't make sense at all??? I can understand that the number of units(bikes) sold would affect their allocations... but parts sales - or the discount on them -- should have no bearing on the dealers new bike allotment.  Sounds like a poor excuse to stop offering the discount to their loyal customers -- pizzzz poor IMHO.

as far as prices go,  I agree with BigLew that any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. if the "asking" price is more than I think an item is worth I just don't buy that item.

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2014, 12:46:24 AM »

What the.... :nixweiss: I'm not a business operations expert but that just doesn't make sense at all??? I can understand that the number of units(bikes) sold would affect their allocations... but parts sales - or the discount on them -- should have no bearing on the dealers new bike allotment.  Sounds like a poor excuse to stop offering the discount to their loyal customers -- pizzzz poor IMHO.

as far as prices go,  I agree with BigLew that any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. if the "asking" price is more than I think an item is worth I just don't buy that item.

I may be wrong, I think there may be some truth in what the dealer said. The MoCo is trying real hard to get customers to order there parts, motorclothes, etc. through Harley's web site, offering parts pickup at your local dealer or shipped to your home. My local dealer is also reducing discounts. They tell me that the MoCo watches their marketing to make sure discounts are not advertised.

Harley is not the only company that controls price marketing. Most high end car manufactures do the same thing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.