Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: WARNING: Fullsac Performance X-Pipe & Wraps  (Read 7170 times)

mark

Re: WARNING: Fullsac Performance X-Pipe & Wraps
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 07:37:22 PM »

I asked the technicians what could be done. They suggested and performed the wrap.

I know not to wrap pipes and I don't work on bikes for a living...shouldn't a tech know this?

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 08:53:27 AM »

I asked the technicians what could be done. They suggested and performed the wrap.

I know not to wrap pipes and I don't work on bikes for a living...shouldn't a tech know this?

They get to sell more pipes and get more work by having to replace them every few years.  It is the Harley way.

BTW, I have seen pictures in their magazine of wrapped pipes.  They must have a reason for promoting the trend.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 01:20:39 PM »

Damn, there is some sensitive people.

The man just passed on some useful info.

Moderators should moderate, not Judge...

Thank You, Ill get off my High Horse now...

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »

Damn, there is some sensitive people.

The man just passed on some useful info.

Moderators should moderate, not Judge...

Thank You, Ill get off my High Horse now...

I wasn't aware of any moderator "judging" anyone or anything in this thread.  Would you care to explain exactly what you're talking about?

DesertHOG did indeed pass along some good information about why you shouldn't wrap pipes.  Unfortunately his title for the thread made it appear this was a Fullsac problem.  People just correctly pointed out that the brand of pipe had nothing to do with it, and that wrapping pipes of any brand will result in the same sort of damage.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »

I wasn't aware of any moderator "judging" anyone or anything in this thread.  Would you care to explain exactly what you're talking about?

DesertHOG did indeed pass along some good information about why you shouldn't wrap pipes.  Unfortunately his title for the thread made it appear this was a Fullsac problem.  People just correctly pointed out that the brand of pipe had nothing to do with it, and that wrapping pipes of any brand will result in the same sort of damage.

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

That original title was not inflammatory nor was there anything inflammatory in the posted message either. It was only when people started displaying signs of derision that I expanded on the title to include the "& Wraps". I think that change and my reply to Chip's message have helped clearly state my position on the matter.

DH

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »

DH, if you sit back and pretend to know nothing about the subject, and just look at that title to this thread, the title makes it appear you are saying this is a Fullsac Performance X-Pipe problem.  I know that's not what you meant, and I assume many members also realize that.  But you also have to realize that there are plenty of other people who look at this site for information who may not realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the pipes from Fullsac.  Why not just remove the reference to Fullsac and title the thread "why you shouldn't wrap exhaust pipes", or something similar?  I think that's all anyone was trying to say, but now someone else wants to jump in after the fact and bash an unspecified moderator.  My response was to that person, not to you. 

I guess the full moon earlier this week must have caused some people to get all pissy over nothing.  And all this time I thought I was the grouchy one around here. ;)

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »

DH, if you sit back and pretend to know nothing about the subject, and just look at that title to this thread, the title makes it appear you are saying this is a Fullsac Performance X-Pipe problem.  I know that's not what you meant, and I assume many members also realize that.  But you also have to realize that there are plenty of other people who look at this site for information who may not realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the pipes from Fullsac.  Why not just remove the reference to Fullsac and title the thread "why you shouldn't wrap exhaust pipes", or something similar?  I think that's all anyone was trying to say, but now someone else wants to jump in after the fact and bash an unspecified moderator.  My response was to that person, not to you. 

I guess the full moon earlier this week must have caused some people to get all pissy over nothing.  And all this time I thought I was the grouchy one around here. ;)

Jerry

Jerry - with all due respect, you call yourself a grouchy old fart, but frankly I've never seen anything that I would consider grouchy in your posts. They are usually just facts... which is quite refreshing on ANY forum!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 25 queries.