Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Gonna be a long winter....  (Read 12040 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Gonna be a long winter....
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »

what color are you looking for.   as you know i got mine yesterday i just walked in it was there.  lol I'm really not trying to rub it in because i know how it feels waited 9 months for my rocker when they first came out.    why can't your dealer do a trade with someone.   
Blue. Most of the other dealers close to mine are owned by one guy who owns the copywrite on the term "Stealership". Riding season is coming to a close soon and the trade value that gave me even before the colors were announced (CARB report showed the bike was being produced before the dealer meetings) is a good bit higher than what I'm reading others are being offered. They're honoring that trade price so if I have to wait a few months to save a few grand, so be it. I still have this one to ride. I don't want to push too many buttons and end up the GM nixing the deal because I got impatient just to put a few miles on it before "storage season". They're charging me MSRP plus tax. That's it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »

they still make a lot on that.   Thats what i paid .   they should be able to do a dealer trade get your money earlier I wouldn't think it would hurt to ask.   

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »

3 more weeks to go ::)

Been thinking of exhaust systems for the new one. Not sure which route to go this time. Current bike has a D&D on it that was on it when I bought it. Makes great power but will leave your ears ringing. Looking for something more tame. We rode behind someone this year at Maggie Valley that has a set of duals on his and I just loved that sound. I don't want any loud drone on the highway though like that D&D gives me. I've been reading threads and listening to Youtube videos the last few weeks now. Still undecided.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:15:41 PM »

3 more weeks to go ::)

Been thinking of exhaust systems for the new one. Not sure which route to go this time. Current bike has a D&D on it that was on it when I bought it. Makes great power but will leave your ears ringing. Looking for something more tame. We rode behind someone this year at Maggie Valley that has a set of duals on his and I just loved that sound. I don't want any loud drone on the highway though like that D&D gives me. I've been reading threads and listening to Youtube videos the last few weeks now. Still undecided.

Make it easy on yourself.
Call Steve (and I don't need to explain Steve who) and order the header pipe, the 2.0 and the 1.75 baffles, the TTS Master and his map. Run the 1.75 and if it's not loud enough change them out for the 2.0's and put some miles on your bike. Do that and you will spend more time worrying about your "Infotainment" system than you will ever worry about your exhaust system.

;)

SBB

And FYI, after you decide what baffles you like best I will buy your other ones for what you paid for them. I will put them in someones mufflers because good chit is easy to sell.
 :2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 05:18:09 AM »

Call Steve (and I don't need to explain Steve who) and order the header pipe, the 2.0 and the 1.75 baffles, the TTS Master and his map. Run the 1.75 and if it's not loud enough change them out for the 2.0's and put some miles on your bike. Do that and you will spend more time worrying about your "Infotainment" system than you will ever worry about your exhaust system.

;)

SBB

And FYI, after you decide what baffles you like best I will buy your other ones for what you paid for them. I will put them in someones mufflers because good chit is easy to sell.

I've already had a chat via PM with Steve. I liked the sounds of Dave's bike with his setup but can't remember what cores he used. Something else about recoring my stock mufflers. I read about cutting the welds with a dremmel to get the old cores out but what keeps the new ones in? Do they need welded back in?
I really liked those duals I heard at MV though. Just can't remember who had them.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »

The new cores are held in by bolts although one could weld them in if so desired.

I went the 2" route after MV and am very happy.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »

;)

SBB

Exactly have been doing that on my bikes and my wife's bikes since 2010.  Three bikes for her, and three for me now.

I've already had a chat via PM with Steve. I liked the sounds of Dave's bike with his setup but can't remember what cores he used. Something else about recoring my stock mufflers. I read about cutting the welds with a dremmel to get the old cores out but what keeps the new ones in? Do they need welded back in?
I really liked those duals I heard at MV though. Just can't remember who had them.

I am running the 2.25 in my bike and have in my last 3 bikes. 

The new baffles are kept in with a nut and bolt, you drill a small hole on the the under side and then bolt it in.  Nope you do not need to weld them.

A baffle any larger than 2.25 on you give up a lot of torque, not enough back pressure.  Duals look good and sound good, but do not produce as much torque as a 2-1-2 like my set up, or as much as a 2-1 like a D&D.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »

I wouldn't even bother with the 1.75", go straight to 2".  Quiet when you want, loud when you want.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »

You are only about an hour from me so if we get another weekend of riding weather maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch and you can see what the DX pipe with 2 inch cores sound like on mine. As everyone has said if you are easy on the throttle they are plenty quiet but if you really crank on it they are plenty loud. As far as installation I am all thumbs and made it through without a scratch.
T-MAN 117 kit

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »

Spoke with my salesman yesterday. He went in the system and can see where all the components are completed but they still haven't gotten the VIN or the invoice. Hopefully they'll hear something Monday. I'm still hoping for a Tues delivery to the dealer.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 08:11:35 PM »

Keeping my fingers crossed for dealer getting her on Tuesday.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »

Spoke with my salesman yesterday. He went in the system and can see where all the components are completed but they still haven't gotten the VIN or the invoice. Hopefully they'll hear something Monday. I'm still hoping for a Tues delivery to the dealer.
Stopped in today for a minute to see what all the Black Friday sales were. 20% of parts and clothes. Salesman said the finally have a VIN for it so it should be on a truck. Going to drop the '11 off tomorrow for some ESP work (they're picking up the deductible) and just going to leave it there.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »

Well you should have the new one any day now. Have 5500 plus miles on mine now.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

Well you should have the new one any day now. Have 5500 plus miles on mine now.
DAMN! makes me jealous.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »

THANKS PHIL!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.