Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE  (Read 3497 times)

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 08:06:26 AM »

Chief...the Corbin has the same type of rubber "bumpers" on the bottom as the Mustang in the photo.  d00d is also correct in saying that there is a piece of plastic film on the fender that should not be removed.

One thing I'm unsure about on those bikes who have the removeable tourpak (06 and 07 bikes), is what they did about the stock seat backrest configuration.  The backrest is attached to a bracket mounted on the fender which would need to be removed for probably almost any aftermarket seat, otherwise the bracket and bolts sticking up for the bracket will interfere with the proper seating of the new seat on the frame/fender.  The two bolts coming up through the fender for the backrest bracket are attached to a bracket underneath the fender.  When you remove the two big white plastic screw on washers...that bracket will fall out on the ground, and would be a PITA to put on every time you go back to the stock configuration.  If you leave it off, no problem.  The Corbin seat I replaced my stock seat with has a backrest that attaches to the seat and not to the bike's frame or fender.  This backrest issue is just something you need to think about/consider when deciding on what to do here.

Terry,
You're right about the stock backrest bracket.  I bought the Corbin Stinger for the SEEG and it came with its' own bracket that mounts in the same place as the stock backrest bracket.  I don't often ride that bike two up anymore so I actually haven't had the Corbin off since I got it.  It will be a PITA to have to put the stock bracket back on just to put the stock seat back on it though.  As far as fender rubs go, the Corbin doesn't touch anywhere the stock seat doesn't so that's not a problem.
Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

bikerdude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »

I just put a corbin on my 2007 ultra and I love it.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »

How about the Corbin CVO Stinger ?

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/cvostng.shtml

Similar to the Gunfighter , which I have and love
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:23:39 PM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Bagger

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 03:18:55 PM »

I want to get a second seat for the new bike, (Red Jester) for when I don't have the tour pak installed and Pinkie is not riding on back. I have looked at the Badlander and think it will work, but am looking for other ideas.

Cheers!

Chief

I used Mustang's Daytripper on my old Ultra.  I kept it just in case I ever decide to make the Tour Pak on my 06 SEUC removable.  I paid a little over $300 shipped to my door.

Bagger

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »

I used Mustang's Daytripper on my old Ultra.  I kept it just in case I ever decide to make the Tour Pak on my 06 SEUC removable.  I paid a little over $300 shipped to my door.

This is how it looks on the scooter.  Disregard the camera case I left on the saddle.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

That's a nice looking seat Bagger! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I kinda been looking for another seat also when I take the tour pak off. I have the Sunray heated seat and I love it but looking for something a little more stylish. I kick myself in the butt for getting rid of my stock SEEG seat. Big B had a Badlander seat I was intrested in but it wouldn't accept a riders backrest. I gotta have it! Been checking out ebay to see what catches my eye. Wanting to keep it around $2-300. See what happens! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »

That's a nice looking seat Bagger! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I kinda been looking for another seat also when I take the tour pak off. I have the Sunray heated seat and I love it but looking for something a little more stylish. I kick myself in the butt for getting rid of my stock SEEG seat. Big B had a Badlander seat I was intrested in but [highlight]it wouldn't accept a riders backrest. I gotta have it![/highlight] Been checking out ebay to see what catches my eye. Wanting to keep it around $2-300. See what happens! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]
Well JR, the Daytripper won't accept a backrest either, however it does sit about an inch lower than a big cushy seat, which in my case, straightened my back naturally.  I rode with that seat from Enterprise, AL to Robbinsville, NC....around the area for 3 days and back to Enterprise and never felt better afterward.  Since I'm not using mine, I will gladly loan it to you for a trial run if you like.  Let me know if you want to try it out, and I'll UPS it to you.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

Well JR, the Daytripper won't accept a backrest either, however it does sit about an inch lower than a big cushy seat, which in my case, straightened my back naturally.  I rode with that seat from Enterprise, AL to Robbinsville, NC....around the area for 3 days and back to Enterprise and never felt better afterward.  Since I'm not using mine, I will gladly loan it to you for a trial run if you like.  Let me know if you want to try it out, and I'll UPS it to you.

Your a Good man! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I have done the same with my Mustang and Sunray seats for others that were looking. Now I'm only down to the Sunray.

I got a SEEG which is a Road King seat! Yours wouldn't work, but Thanks anyway Bro! God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »

Has anyone mentioned how freakin HEAVY a Corbin seat is. I mean I am like their biggest supporter, but they are twice as heavy as a stock seat. Must be in the quality of the construction. Sure works for me. Also on my Road Glide my new Corbin sits me up about 1-1/2" higher than the stock seat. That's why I had to go with a custom height Clearview windshield. Anyway, a stock 03 SERK seat looks really good and is very comfortable. You can still order them as far as I know.

B B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »

[highlight]Has anyone mentioned how freakin HEAVY a Corbin seat is.[/highlight] I mean I am like their biggest supporter, but they are twice as heavy as a stock seat. Must be in the quality of the construction. Sure works for me. Also on my Road Glide my new Corbin sits me up about 1-1/2" higher than the stock seat. That's why I had to go with a custom height Clearview windshield. Anyway, a stock 03 SERK seat looks really good and is very comfortable. You can still order them as far as I know.

B B

Yes, B B, I noticed that immediately when I removed the seat from the box...a lot of it is the fiber type pan they use instead of the POS thin plastic one on the stock seats, and the rest of it is the denser foam material.  But you're right, it's at least twice as heavy...I figure with all the chit I've added to my bike, the thing weighs every bit of 900 lbs now... :o
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »

Your a Good man! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I have done the same with my Mustang and Sunray seats for others that were looking. Now I'm only down to the Sunray.

[highlight]I got a SEEG which is a Road King seat! Yours wouldn't work[/highlight], but Thanks anyway Bro! God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

JR,
A SEEG is a SEUC is a SERG is a SERK is a FLHR is a FLTR is a FLHT when it comes to this seat.  It just doesn't matter amongst the FL Touring family..........unless you done some sort of nonstandard modification which makes your SEEG accept nothing other than FLHR seats.  To back up what I just said, Mustang Seats says:   One-Piece DayTripper (Part Number) 76352 - Road King, Road King Classic '97-up & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle 1997-05 & FLHX Street Glide 2006  $299.00.

Let me know if you change your mind.  It is in my attic, boxed and ready to go to the UPS Store.

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »

JR,
A SEEG is a SEUC is a SERG is a SERK is a FLHR is a FLTR is a FLHT when it comes to this seat.  It just doesn't matter amongst the FL Touring family..........unless you done some sort of nonstandard modification which makes your SEEG accept nothing other than FLHR seats.  To back up what I just said, Mustang Seats says:   One-Piece DayTripper (Part Number) 76352 - Road King, Road King Classic '97-up & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle 1997-05 & FLHX Street Glide 2006  $299.00.

Let me know if you change your mind.  It is in my attic, boxed and ready to go to the UPS Store.

Quoting myself..........HA!  How Gauch!  Anyway, CHIEF!  If you happen upon this, the same goes for you too, Brother.  If you want to give this seat a trial run, let me know.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:04 AM »

JR,

If you use a RK seat on a EG,UC, or RG you need HD P/N 52447-96 FLHT, FLTR Trim Piece $24.95 (P. 415), to fill in the space at the gas tank. A RK seat is shorter but mounts exactly the same. ;) Hoist!

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »

Has anyone mentioned how freakin HEAVY a Corbin seat is. I mean I am like their biggest supporter, but they are twice as heavy as a stock seat. Must be in the quality of the construction. Sure works for me. Also on my Road Glide my new Corbin sits me up about 1-1/2" higher than the stock seat. That's why I had to go with a custom height Clearview windshield. Anyway, a stock 03 SERK seat looks really good and is very comfortable. You can still order them as far as I know.

B B

Spidey,

You are so right about the weight of the corbin. I haven't weighed it to get a difference, might do that tonight, but I agree about the weight.

Saying that, it is a real rigid seat pan. I can take my Mustang with the molded pan, and flex it like crazy, but not the Corbin. That seat pan is all fiberglass and really stiff. That's got to account for a lot of the weight.

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »

Quoting myself..........HA!  How Gauch!  Anyway, CHIEF!  If you happen upon this, the same goes for you too, Brother.  If you want to give this seat a trial run, let me know.

Hey Bagger,

Sure, I'd like to slip the seat on, but looking at Mapquest, the route between Marietta GA, and Meridianville, AL looks like it would be a good ride.

Lets talk when the weather gets better than 35 and rainy.

Chief
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.