Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE  (Read 3498 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

I want to get a second seat for the new bike, (Red Jester) for when I don't have the tour pak installed and Pinkie is not riding on back. I have looked at the Badlander and think it will work, but am looking for other ideas.

Cheers!

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 12:33:40 PM »

I want to get a second seat for the new bike, (Red Jester) for when I don't have the tour pak installed and Pinkie is not riding on back. I have looked at the Badlander and think it will work, but am looking for other ideas.

Cheers!

Chief

Chief, you can also look at RK seats as they make a trim piece, PN 52447-96, to make them work as well. I think it works for all fairing models [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »

Cheers!

Chief

You better qualify that, Chief...how much do you want to spend?  We can steer you in the direction of a seat like Grovers, which would be the ultimate, or anywhere in between. ;D ;D

Check out this Corbin for an EG...looks nice to me.  They also make a couple of totally solo seats that would work well.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh6yg.shtml
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »

Cheers!

Chief
Chief,
I have a mustang two-piece that I pulled off my '03 EG that is waiting for a new owner.  I'm in love with the stock seat on the '06 FLHTCUSE as is my wife so I won't be using this seat anymore.  The seat is very comfortable, though it will move you about 1" back from your current riding position.  The solo looks pretty sharp and the pillion can be installed in about 2 minutes, with a beer break.  If it's of any interest to you, send me a PM.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:05:36 PM »

You better qualify that, Chief...how much do you want to spend?  We can steer you in the direction of a seat like Grovers, which would be the ultimate, or anywhere in between. ;D ;D

Check out this Corbin for an EG...looks nice to me.  They also make a couple of totally solo seats that would work well.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh6yg.shtml

I agree. I don't want anyone to think the sky's the limit.  Something like $400, maybe more if its REALLY cool.

Cheers!

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 02:09:08 PM »

Chief,
I have a mustang two-piece that I pulled off my '03 EG that is waiting for a new owner.  I'm in love with the stock seat on the '06 FLHTCUSE as is my wife so I won't be using this seat anymore.  The seat is very comfortable, though it will move you about 1" back from your current riding position.  The solo looks pretty sharp and the pillion can be installed in about 2 minutes, with a beer break.  If it's of any interest to you, send me a PM.

That's a nice looking saddle. What about rub marks on the fender?  I'm thinking of getting a Corbin and don't want to put on something that will show rub marks, if there are any.

What about rub marks?  Is there a good way to prevent them? Because, then the above is irrelevant.

Cheers!

Chief

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

That's a nice looking saddle. What about rub marks on the fender?  I'm thinking of getting a Corbin and don't want to put on something that will show rub marks, if there are any.

What about rub marks?  Is there a good way to prevent them? Because, then the above is irrelevant.

Cheers!

Chief
The bottom of the Mustang has rubber contact points.  Not sure how well you can see this on the attached photo.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »

Cheers!

Chief
There should be some 3M clear tape under the seat on the fender already to prevent rub marks in the paint. What you may want to consider on any solo seat you get is maybe getting a bib (that will connect to bottom of solo seat, and go back to rear screw for two-up seat) to cover the part where the tape will be, since you will be switching back and forth I wouldn't recommend taking the tape off.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »

There should be some 3M clear tape under the seat on the fender already to prevent rub marks in the paint. What you may want to consider on any solo seat you get is maybe getting a bib (that will connect to bottom of solo seat, and go back to rear screw for two-up seat) to cover the part where the tape will be, since you will be switching back and forth I wouldn't recommend taking the tape off.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
D00d,
You're quite right, and the bib looks pretty good.  I didn't get one with my Mustang, but here is a picture.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 03:15:58 PM »

I have never seen the plastic protector piece on the rear fender of the FLH series.  I know they put it on the Softtails and it is handy as hell to protect the rear fender from the seat rubbing.  I take the plastic off my wifes Heritage as she rides mostly solo.  It's easy to put back on when we go on a trip and she needs the back seat.

Cheers, Moe [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

Cheers!

Chief

Chief...the Corbin has the same type of rubber "bumpers" on the bottom as the Mustang in the photo.  d00d is also correct in saying that there is a piece of plastic film on the fender that should not be removed.

One thing I'm unsure about on those bikes who have the removeable tourpak (06 and 07 bikes), is what they did about the stock seat backrest configuration.  The backrest is attached to a bracket mounted on the fender which would need to be removed for probably almost any aftermarket seat, otherwise the bracket and bolts sticking up for the bracket will interfere with the proper seating of the new seat on the frame/fender.  The two bolts coming up through the fender for the backrest bracket are attached to a bracket underneath the fender.  When you remove the two big white plastic screw on washers...that bracket will fall out on the ground, and would be a PITA to put on every time you go back to the stock configuration.  If you leave it off, no problem.  The Corbin seat I replaced my stock seat with has a backrest that attaches to the seat and not to the bike's frame or fender.  This backrest issue is just something you need to think about/consider when deciding on what to do here.

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »

Chief...the Corbin has the same type of rubber "bumpers" on the bottom as the Mustang in the photo.  d00d is also correct in saying that there is a piece of plastic film on the fender that should not be removed.

One thing I'm unsure about on those bikes who have the removeable tourpak (06 and 07 bikes), is what they did about the stock seat backrest configuration.  The backrest is attached to a bracket mounted on the fender which would need to be removed for probably almost any aftermarket seat, otherwise the bracket and bolts sticking up for the bracket will interfere with the proper seating of the new seat on the frame/fender.  The two bolts coming up through the fender for the backrest bracket are attached to a bracket underneath the fender.  When you remove the two big white plastic screw on washers...that bracket will fall out on the ground, and would be a PITA to put on every time you go back to the stock configuration.  If you leave it off, no problem.  The Corbin seat I replaced my stock seat with has a backrest that attaches to the seat and not to the bike's frame or fender.  This backrest issue is just something you need to think about/consider when deciding on what to do here.

Terry,

Yes, the original backrest bracket would come off and would use the Corbin which is integreated into the seat.  My thoughts are to go with a two-up, but something much slimmer in back.  I replaced the stock seat on my 99 Classic with the Mustang Pillow look seat, and it's just so honkin big, especially when the tour pak is off.

This bike is a lot more about being pretty than the 99 was.  That bike was function way before form.  I'm thinking for this one, it'll be closer to even.

Thanks for the ideas.

Cheers!

Chief

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

Terry,

Yes, the original backrest bracket would come off and would use the Corbin which is integreated into the seat.  My thoughts are to go with a two-up, but something much slimmer in back.  I replaced the stock seat on my 99 Classic with the Mustang Pillow look seat, and it's just so honkin big, especially when the tour pak is off.

This bike is a lot more about being pretty than the 99 was.  That bike was function way before form.  I'm thinking for this one, it'll be closer to even.

Thanks for the ideas.

Cheers!

Chief

Chief...I was unclear as to whether you were going to swap back to the original seat when you put the pak back on the bike...that would be a big PITA once you remove the bracket from the fender.

With what you're doing, it will be both form and function... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

Chief...I was unclear as to whether you were going to swap back to the original seat when you put the pak back on the bike...that would be a big PITA once you remove the bracket from the fender.

With what you're doing, it will be both form and function... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

TC,

I agree 100%.  After learning how bad the stock seat was on my '99, and hearing about the problems with the leather wearing so quickly on the '07 seats, the best bet for me is to pull it off new and sell it while it is still 100%.  I went with a Mustang, which was a whole lot better than the stock offering. Even on the Mustang, after putting 40,000+ miles on it, it too has gotten too soft.  This round, I'll be looking at the Corbin.

I admit, the stock seat is a beautiful seat, and I'm not as impressed with the look of the heated Corbin, because of the tuck-n-roll stitching they do on the heated models, but I think for long-term durability, it is a wise move. If only they didn't have to do the extra stitching for the heated seat, I'd really be a happy camper.

Thanks for your help TC.  

We'll be coming east through b'ham on Tuesday afternoon, maybe we could swing by and see your Corbin up close.  

Cheers!

Chief

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 06:41:50 PM »

TC,

I agree 100%.  After learning how bad the stock seat was on my '99, and hearing about the problems with the leather wearing so quickly on the '07 seats, the best bet for me is to pull it off new and sell it while it is still 100%.  I went with a Mustang, which was a whole lot better than the stock offering. Even on the Mustang, after putting 40,000+ miles on it, it too has gotten too soft.  This round, I'll be looking at the Corbin.

I admit, the stock seat is a beautiful seat, and I'm not as impressed with the look of the heated Corbin, because of the tuck-n-roll stitching they do on the heated models, but I think for long-term durability, it is a wise move. If only they didn't have to do the extra stitching for the heated seat, I'd really be a happy camper.

Thanks for your help TC.  

We'll be coming east through b'ham on Tuesday afternoon, maybe we could swing by and see your Corbin up close.  

Cheers!

Chief

You are more than welcome to come by and take a look...I may be working, but Suzanne will probably be around.  Just don't make fun of my basement full of bikes, boxes of take off parts, canoes, fishing gear, skiing stuff, and other miscellaneous junk... :-[

I understand where you're coming from with the Corbin stitching...at first I thought I would not care for it at all, but had little choice.  Now that I have the seat, I've actually grown to like it better than the original look.  The seat is just a tighter, slimmer look overall, so the stitching sort of flows with the lines of the scoot.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 24 queries.