Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front Wheel Ticking Noise  (Read 740 times)

mark

Front Wheel Ticking Noise
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »

Took wheels off myself and had dealer install new tires.  Reassembled front wheel according to service manual, torqued to spec., etc.  I gave the front wheel a couple of spins while bike was still elevated and I hear a faint ticking sound as the wheel spins.  Thought it may be the brake pads rubbing the rotor, so took calipers off...ticking sound still there.  Wheel bearings looked good.  Bike is a 2010 SESG, 15,000 miles.  Is this normal?  Any ideas? 

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Front Wheel Ticking Noise
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »

Bad wheel bearing............. :nixweiss: I'd pull it back off and feel of them with my fingers. should be smooth when turned.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

mark

Re: Front Wheel Ticking Noise
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »

Found a post on another site where someone had the same thing on their Harley.  Inspection by dealer showed there was some metal in the wheel from the maufacturing process.  I had my bike in the dealer today for another issue and had the tech look at the wheel.  Bearings are fine.  He concluded it was something in the wheel making the sound as wheel turned. 

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.