Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: am I wrong to expect this?  (Read 3207 times)

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 14' CVO Breakout
am I wrong to expect this?
« on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:55 AM »

Just got my clutch recall letter for the ol breakout. My question to you guys is this. The dealer I use is like 50 minutes away. Am I wrong to expect them to come pick my bike up with truck and trailer for these recalls and bring it back in the same fashion?

Riegs

Re: am I wrong to expect this?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »

I think so, to expect that anyway. It's very much hit n miss with the dealers nowadays. My local dealer is great at sales, but anything service - they charge for a hand shake. Ijs.
Never hurts to ask though, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:09:25 AM »

Depends on your dealer and how close you are to them personally. Mine would pick mine up for a safety related recall for me  if i asked them to, I live about 60miles from them. but not sure about bringing it back. I have been dealing with my dealer for over 10yrs and 4 bikes from them. might take a few day for them to come get it but thats just the way it is. from what i have heard most dealers have a range they will go "varies from dealer to dealer"
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »

I think it's a bit much because the manufacturer is responsible for the recall not the dealer.  Therefore they only reimburse the dealer for the hours that it takes to make the repair not for anything else.  Now if you said that there was a safety issue that was caused by something the dealer did during setup, I would say absolutely yes..  IMHO

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »

On another note... what clutch recall? (I've been hiding under a rock save $$$ for mods) hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 04:35:32 PM »

I agree with others, I would not expect the dealer to pick up, unless it is not safe to ride.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

CVO Maytum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »

Is your clutch acting up? I took mine in and the seal is on back order...they said they have done a number of the recalls and have not fond a bad seal yet. I would call the dealer and make sure parts are avaliable

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:16 AM »

Just got my clutch recall letter for the ol breakout. My question to you guys is this. The dealer I use is like 50 minutes away. Am I wrong to expect them to come pick my bike up with truck and trailer for these recalls and bring it back in the same fashion?

Bike pick ups for HD is not an option.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 04:22:22 AM »

I would suggest you ride it if it isn't acting up. Why take a chance on hauling the bike and risking possible damage if you don't have to? Another member just had his new CVO damaged from somebody's negligence that hauled his bike, not saying it would happen to you but you never know. I got the same recall for my bike, rode it to the dealer and rode out in less than an hour total.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

On another note... what clutch recall? (I've been hiding under a rock save $$$ for mods) hehe
Harley-Davidson is recalling many of its 2014 models for issues with their clutch systems.
The recall issued by Harley-Davidson involves the FLHTCUTG, FLSTNSE, and FXSBSE models, which also may have been assembled with an incorrect clutch release plate. This recall affects 2,886 units (Harley-Davidson’s recall number is 0154), while the first recall affects 19,597 units from Harley-Davidson (Harley-Davidson’s recall number is 0153).
Harley-Davidson says it has already notified affected owners, and that dealers will rebuild clutch master cylinders, and install proper clutch release plates, as necessary, free of charge. The recall has already started, but concerned owners may contact Harley-Davidson at 1-800-258-2464. As always, the NHTSA is also available at 1-888-327-4236 and safercar.gov.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.