Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 CVO LTD J&M Rokker Speaker/Amp Upgrade  (Read 6139 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: 2014 CVO LTD J&M Rokker Speaker/Amp Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »

Adjusting the ARC amp isn't rocket science. Just download the ARC manual from the website, and adjust the gains accordingly. Pretty straight forward.

mrmagloo: If your last J&M experience was 2 years ago ........things have changed with their ROKKER amps. For the past year, the manual gain control amps are no longer available .........only the DSP versions where the only gain control is via a downloadable program allegedly "tailored" to your setup. It appears that the J&M owner, John Lazzeroni, tired of customers setting the amplifier gain controls "too high" and claiming warranty damage. So, not trusting his customers, he developed a software controlled gain system (dsp) which provides J&M control over what they deem to be the "proper" settings. For me his settings were waaaay too conservative ..........i.e. not enough volume to enjoy music at highway speeds. I've been struggling to obtain a DSP program solution from John for over a year now with little success and no responses to my last 3-4 emails. Finally took my issue to the forums to air these problems out in public. John finally responded to my hdforum post this morning >:( I requested 100% control......we'll see where it goes ???!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »

I bought a used 2011 FLTRUSE earlier this year from a member here and he had the J&M Rokker system in it (apparently only the speakers?) . So I can not speak as to the problems with the owner of J&M as I never dealt with him. But the pic here that shows 40% of non usable volume is exactly how mine was. Which was actually a good thing because the speakers were already distorting badly at that 50 - 60 % level anyways. The system sounded great in his garage when I looked at the bike, but sucked on the highway to the point it was not worth listening to at all. I ended having a custom installation done with Focals and Memphis Audio amps by Justin at Infocus Mobile Audio in NH. And all I can say now is WOW. The sound is crisp and clean and more volume than you can handle even at 80 MPH on the hwy.

Oh, and by the way, came to find out when he replaced my system, the previous owner decided not to even put in the J&M amp. Talk about a hack job

doublerunner: WOW ......no ROKKER amp installed? That means the stock amp (under the Tourpak ....only about 30 watts) ........was powering those much larger speakers ......no wonder the speakers were distorting. The J&M ROKKER amp wiring installation provides for easy removal of the amp and re-connection of the wiring to the stock amp. Hopefully your seller hadn't advertised you were buying the ROKKER system :(
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:02 PM »

mrmagloo: If your last J&M experience was 2 years ago ........things have changed with their ROKKER amps. For the past year, the manual gain control amps are no longer available .........only the DSP versions where the only gain control is via a downloadable program allegedly "tailored" to your setup. It appears that the J&M owner, John Lazzeroni, tired of customers setting the amplifier gain controls "too high" and claiming warranty damage. So, not trusting his customers, he developed a software controlled gain system (dsp) which provides J&M control over what they deem to be the "proper" settings. For me his settings were waaaay too conservative ..........i.e. not enough volume to enjoy music at highway speeds. I've been struggling to obtain a DSP program solution from John for over a year now with little success and no responses to my last 3-4 emails. Finally took my issue to the forums to air these problems out in public. John finally responded to my hdforum post this morning >:( I requested 100% control......we'll see where it goes ???!

Interesting. All the more reason not to deal with the jerkoff. Imho, if you buy a 500 watt amp, that's been limited to 200 watts, you got ripped off, pure and simple. Pretty much the std MO of this guy. Hopefully, more people will learn about his BS and just say no.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.