Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 fuel lines?  (Read 2176 times)

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
2 fuel lines?
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »

My bike appears to have dual fuel tank conections for the fuel injection lines. Is this a factory instal or something done later. My bike was beefed up before I bought it so it has some mods that I don't know about. I am trying to learn more. I know how to search but sometimes asking a simple question results in quicker and better understanding. It also has compression release valves so I know that it has had higher compression pistons installed. I hope to be able to contact the original owner or shop to find out exactly what is inside. It really runs much better than my 88b.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:56:24 PM by hogwander »
5 P's = Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: s
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 12:30:55 PM »

The Marelli fuel injection systems used two lines, one is the feed and the other return. The newer Delphi system uses only one.

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:34:13 PM »

Thanks hd-dude!  [smiley=banana.gif]  You are the top banana.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »

My bike appears to have dual fuel tank conections for the fuel injection lines. Is this a factory instal or something done later. My bike was beefed up before I bought it so it has some mods that I don't know about. I am trying to learn more. I know how to search but sometimes asking a simple question results in quicker and better understanding. It also has compression release valves so I know that it has had higher compression pistons installed. I hope to be able to contact the original owner or shop to find out exactly what is inside. It really runs much better than my 88b.

Your year bike has a fuel supply and an external fuel return line.  This was stock at the time...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »

Dude, are you related to Otis.- - um er well, gee my motor's stock -- - I think  Unless you're attached to your site name, I'm gonna nickname you Lil' Otis  ;D

Compression releases ?  First off it's a 95" motor, then comes the fact that those compression releases are not necessary unless you're running OVER 10/1 compression which means you've got forged pistons and some head work for sure. People don't pull off their heads just to machine in the holes for compression releases. My guess would be Branch or Mackie,maybe Dick O'Brien ( a lot of H-D shops used O'Brien until recently) In order to make all that work right you've got some pretty good performance cams. Only way any of it can function is with a good breather, performance slip ons and last, but most certainly not least , "one ring to find them and in the darkness bind them"  comes a PC or a SERT. Yeah dude, I bet it outruns your 88" Just like your cousin Otis outruns most of the 103's on this site.  ;)
B B

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2 fuel lines?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »

Well now Spiderman Lil Otis wouldn't be a bad thing. I know it's got some serious stuff inside but I'm just not sure what and how much. You are probably pretty close with your guess because of the release valves. I don't want to sound like it's got all this hp/torque unless it really has it. On a site where everyone has a CVO bike mine is not all that "special". As a newbie I don't want to sound too look at me and mine. Maybe I'll change my name to stock95. 8-)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:49:42 PM by hogwander »

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »

My dog can tell you how my car accelerates. Just so I'm not bragging!  [smiley=apple.gif]

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 05:27:09 PM by hogwander »

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »

Now thats damn a$$  funny!!!!

You go lil otis. Stuff it back at them.

Maybe it should be 2 1/2 lane,  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Scooter
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 09:18:18 PM »

Now thats damn a$$  funny!!!!

You go lil otis. [highlight]Stuff it back at them.[/highlight]

Maybe it should be 2 1/2 lane,  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Scooter

s'plain please ??????????

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 11:27:45 PM »

Well now Spiderman Lil Otis wouldn't be a bad thing. I know it's got some serious stuff inside but I'm just not sure what and how much. You are probably pretty close with your guess because of the release valves. I don't want to sound like it's got all this hp/torque unless it really has it. On a site where everyone has a CVO bike mine is not all that "special". As a newbie I don't want to sound too look at me and mine. Maybe I'll change my name to stock95. 8-)

Thats ok cousin Hogwander we can take our stock 95s and bust those big motors a$$es.

OTIS [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.