Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wheel bearings  (Read 1323 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
wheel bearings
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:39:33 PM »

hello all, When should I think about replacing my wheel bearings?..Got 40,000 on her and possibly doing alaska in mid june,,so I'm alittle concerned...anyone have any problems with their bearings...thanx,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
Re: wheel bearings
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:19:36 PM »

hello all, When should I think about replacing my wheel bearings?..Got 40,000 on her and possibly doing alaska in mid june,,so I'm alittle concerned...anyone have any problems with their bearings...thanx,headpan

I may be wrong I think one hundred thousand miles and those bearings came out in 2000.

OTIS [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 10:51:48 AM »

Otis, you removed them in the year 2000? or you had issues with them and replaced them after 2000 miles on the bike??thanks for your reply
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »

Otis, you removed them in the year 2000? or you had issues with them and replaced them after 2000 miles on the bike??thanks for your reply

Hey Headpan, sorry to disturb your thread, but I'd love to hear more about you plans for the Alaskan trip. I'm planning one too, but further down the road. Arcticdude has done this trip. Maybe we'll start an Alaskan Trip thread for people's experiences and pitfalls. It's not a trip for everyone. Especially if you're looking to make it up to the Circle.

P.S. I'd like to see that Panhead of yours! ;)

P.P.S. You're pretty close to NYC. Maybe you have interest in meeting other CVO'ers in the NY Metro Area. See the thread in the Events Section.

Happy New Year! [smiley=drink.gif] Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:44:53 PM »

Sealed wheel bearings came out in 2000

OTIS
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:45:19 PM by otis »
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

still alittle vayge on your discription there Mr. moderator...I suppose either way you look at it they were pulled with little use on them...just did a set of tires a few months ago
(should had posted a thread then)..so I guess I will do a set b-4 the big haul....heard rumors they were good for 100,000 miles...but for piece of mind it will be worth the effort....carry-on...headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.