Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: LED 1156 and 1157s  (Read 3984 times)

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: LED 1156 and 1157s
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »

I just left a message for my friend that bought his lights at a parts store here in Ohio.  I think it was Either Advanced auto or Auto Zone. They were very expensive like 50$ bucks each.  He has a 11 SG and it just would just blow a bulb ever once and a while on the back for his turn and brake lights.  So he broke done and spent the money.  Been good since replacing.  I guess it has a resistor built into each bulb.  That's how he explained it to me.  He is a fireman so he may be out in a run.  It may be tomorrow when he gets back to me.  But check some of them local stores as well.  Hope that helps. 

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »

Ok he got back with me.  And said these plug and play lights were junk and not to waste your money on them.   They lasted a few days to a few weeks to a few hrs.  They gave him new ones when they went bad.  But you never knew when they were going to quit.  The light angle was only straight which he did not like.   He took my advice and went with the custom dynamics.  Was more money but better lighting and better all around better product. 

Then he reminded he came over one day and looked at my bike when I was at work to see how I wired up load equalizer. 

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »

I had a tendency to blow the filament bulbs at inconvenient times so I went with Custom Dynamics Ringz in the front and Clusters in the rear turn signals. They are very bright and have been reliable so far. I needed to install a load equalizer (I used a Biketronics module) when I installed the rear turn signals. I also installed the Harley run/brake module for the tourpak and the turn signals and have a Bright Ass LED tail light. I'm happy with this setup and will use it again if I ever get another bagger.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »

I just installed custom dynamics dynamic rings. The website says they don't need load equalizers, the odd thing is, they flash at correct speed, but dash light flashes like there's a light out. I don't guess there's any real issue unless you're just annoyed by the rapid flash.

Run your emergency flashers for about 20 seconds.  The ECM will adjust and get rid of the spastic dash indicator.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »

Just don't use the new HD LED signals:  Harley-Davidson Recalls LED Bullet Turn Signal Kit

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.