Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impressions on 2015 CVORG  (Read 2149 times)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
Impressions on 2015 CVORG
« on: December 28, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »

I just picked up a blue 2015 CVORG, this is my 5th CVO since 2001 and my 10th Harley since 1999. I have made many, many performance upgrades over the years as well as stereo upgrades, handling upgrades etc. These are my qualifications for the following generally positive review of this CVO:

1) NEW keyless ignition is a huge improvement, even the fork lock is electrically activated! There is really no need to take the key out of your pocket.

2) New Hammock seat is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat upon. This is with only 1,000 miles on the bike. I know there are stitching issues. However, from a comfort perspective it is better, than Corbin, Mustang, Le Perra and Saddleman to name a few of the seats I own or have owned.

3) "Infotainment" system is a huge improvement along with the new input toggles, I can do everything without taking my hands off the grips. Sound-wise, I can hear the I-pod CLEARLY at 100 mph. There is no distortion. I have, in the past put as much as $3,500 into sound systems on my bikes. This sound system needs nothing, IMHO. It rocks. The navigation is a 1000% improvement over past efforts by HD.

4) Handling: I have Traxxion Dynamic forks on 5 bikes as well as true-track AND glide-pro and various high end rear shocks. I am serious about good high speed handling and I know what good feels like at 120 mph. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what this stock bike feels like at 120 MPH, because all I could get the bike up to is 115 mph. However, I can say that I have never had a stock bagger this stable. One hand on grips stable, at 115  mph. Front end dive , while not completely gone is greatly improved. I think just a set or rear shocks would be enough for the average owner. I have ordered the Ohlins HD-357 rears, Ohlins cartridge fronts, truck-track and glide-pro... (I like the best handling possible)Again, this is he best handling stock HD bagger I have ever ridden.

5) Ergonomics of new fairing, handle bars, windshield and seat are perfect for me at 6.0 height. All greatly improved from 2007.

6) Motor / gearing, the Motor with the wet heads feels about the same as the 2007 110 did in my CVOUC. At first I thought I would just drop in a L/C 124 S&S crate motor in this new bike. However, I had forgotten about the wet heads! I do not want to do a complete tear down with crank and Timken upgrade etc. etc. etc. I will just replace the cam with the GMR 577, Full sac DX head pipe and 2 inch cores. The 68 tooth rear pulley has helped some with the overall gearing from the 66 tooth rear pulley on my 2007, but I will also add the 30 tooth front pulley so I can pick up a little more of a torque boost to go along with the cam change. Right now I have to go 78 mph in 6th gear to hit 3,000 rpm. The 30 tooth should drop this to 73 mph at 3,000 rpm.
   I guess I COULD have the wet heads re-worked to match up to the 124 L/C crate motor from S&S............. :) Then sell the 110 stock motor without heads....... If crank run-out is over 0.003" then I will consider the crate motor as a lower overall cost alternative to building a 117 or 124 from stock.
   For the record, I did this to my 2007, swapped it with the Jim's 131" with welded crank crate motor. I used only a 54mm TB and a D&D fat cat with quite baffle. This motor only dynos out with 128hp and 138tq, but it runs great for 20,000 miles and behaves like a stock motor around town. I left a lot of potential HP and TQ out there but the motor runs strong, cool and still outruns most everything. It is a "happy" recipe. I must have gotten lucky with one of the few good builds from Jim's from what I have read on this site!

7) Even though I am familiar with mother Harley and the things they do to us, I must say that overall this bike is very much improved over all other CVOs I have owned.
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
Re: Impressions on 2015 CVORG
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »

Great write up. Your knowledge and experience is quite impressive.
Enjoy the new ride.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »

One of the bast write ups I have read. Nice job and thanks
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:41:13 PM »

Loved mine right away, my 3rd CVO road glide.

I agree best front suspension on a stock Harley so far.

Rear shocks suck.  Replaced them right away with Ohlin HD -157, HUGE improvement, better than the progressive 944 on my 09 SERG and better than the HD premium profile low on the 12 SERG and my 13 SERK.  Thinking of geting the Ohlin remote resivor for the King and the ohlin front cartridges as its the bike wth the built motor.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.