Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: best touring CVO  (Read 7695 times)

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: best touring CVO
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »

I think it is a case of as we get older we get wiser (or at least or bodies demand more comforts). ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Hey, aint that the truth. I saw a group of Hells Angels going down the highway (heading east out of Reno) and i would say 80% of them were on baggers with windshields and a few of them had full faced-helmuts  (i aint lying), so comfort and age definately are at play here.

best

Free

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »

What Free says, from what I have seen in Western Canada and parts of the Western States where I do most of my riding. The HA have been riding Baggers (years ago FXRT) for many years, and recently more and more are on Road Glides, yes and many with full face helmets. I do not think they Police like them in full face helmets.

Fifteen years ago, I did not even have a bike with a windshield, never mind a full fairing. Now I love being spoiled with full fairng, cruise, iPods, XM etc. and of course on a Road Glide.

geezerglide

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2007, 01:15:43 AM »

What Free says, from what I have seen in Western Canada and parts of the Western States where I do most of my riding. The HA have been riding Baggers (years ago FXRT) for many years, and recently more and more are on Road Glides, yes and many with full face helmets. I do not think they Police like them in full face helmets.

Fifteen years ago, I did not even have a bike with a windshield, never mind a full fairing. Now I love being spoiled with full fairng, cruise, iPods, XM etc. and of course on a Road Glide.

geezerglide

Leo;
You must be hangin' around the house for New Years too, eh?
Have a good one, sorry I missed you on your last trip north, workin' ya know.

Last year buddy & I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Cranbrook on a trip to Boise & points south. There were about 8 or 10 RG's in the parking lot, all members. You better be careful, you may get mistaken for one  - NOT!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 01:16:56 AM by bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2007, 05:36:49 AM »

I am spoiled with.... the power

That more than anything else JR.  That more than anything else.  I could relatively quickly reacclimate to a Road King and still make the trips.  I might like the rains or cool weather less.  But it would still get done as I desired.  After having gotten used to what we both have now, however, I could have never gone back to a base 88 without having to do some real work to it.  

Didn't used to think that for just highway cruising a little extra made that much difference.  The places I used to play with that little extra were commonly not on the highway after all.  But I was wrong.  Never could do without it again.  Thank goodness HD is making the standard engine a little larger now.  At least would have to do less to it to be satisfied with it in the future.

hogasm

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »

Add to that it has to be [highlight]detachable[/highlight]. I love my king tour pack when I need it, but for everyday riding I like the "draggin' bagger" look. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Deffinately detachable [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »

I've been following this thread for several days now. I've come to a decision. Here it is.

I want to keep my B/O SE UC.
I want to have a Road King.
I want to have a Road Glide.
I want to have a Sportster, Wide Glide, Super Glide.
Hell I even want a V-Rod.
While I'm at it, I think a Ducati would be cool.
I'm thinking a dirt bike to tool around the farm would be fun too.
I'd like to have a customized chopper.  

Thing is I'd have to get a dee-vorce and move into a van down by the river. I could afford one or the other but not both. Until that time, I'll keep what I have.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

twincam

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2007, 02:18:08 PM »

I've been following this thread for several days now. I've come to a decision. Here it is.
I think hogbreath has a point...........but there is no river here in az and I don't own a van ......... so what the hell I will stay with may seuc also!!!!!!!!!!!happy new year every one [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
I want to keep my B/O SE UC.
I want to have a Road King.
I want to have a Road Glide.
I want to have a Sportster, Wide Glide, Super Glide.
Hell I even want a V-Rod.
While I'm at it, I think a Ducati would be cool.
I'm thinking a dirt bike to tool around the farm would be fun too.
I'd like to have a customized chopper.  

Thing is I'd have to get a dee-vorce and move into a van down by the river. I could afford one or the other but not both. Until that time, I'll keep what I have.
I think hogbreath has a point...........but there is no river here in az and I don't own a van ......... so what the hell I will stay with may seuc also!!!!!!!!!!!happy new year every one [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 02:19:13 PM by twincam »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

[highlight]I agree it is to be built! 2008 SERG   120" motor, only hope is they do not put the leather tourpack on it. [/highlight]

I agree with Brad, let's hope the MOCO is listening, or reading, as the situation permits. I do love the versatility and lesser weight of the RK, a few minutes and it's down to the essentials, and no batwing. But there are the comforts of the RG or SEEG/SEUG, and it's basically what wrinkles our boxer shorts, dents our checkbooks, or panty hose. So, if I had to go full blown bagger again, it would be a SERG.
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »

OUt of the Ultra's - it would of course be mine with a Baker Direct Drive 6-Speed, Vance and Hines Ovals, Big Shoot Zipper air cleaner, PCIII, lots of chrome...  [smiley=apple.gif]

[smiley=drink.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »

I've owned nothing but full-fledged touring machines since my first Harley, which was a Sportster.  Without a doubt the Ultra is the more loaded up way to go.  I actually have more issues in high winds with the fixed fairing over the batwing fairing...the bar mounted fairing, at least to me, lets the bike give a little more in high winds...and Hey, I like that leather tour pak.   ;) ::)

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

allways the ULTRA much extras to feel good

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2007, 03:50:01 AM »

I would have to say "Mine" is the best overall touring CVO, It's paid for and set up just the way I want it. Power and Pleasure 07 SEUC
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

cigarmike

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »

I agree with Brad, let's hope the MOCO is listening, or reading, as the situation permits.

I hope they are listening and or reading too.....and if they are, they better fix my paint pretty soon before I start pulling everyones finger nails out with a pair of pliers.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:05:28 AM by cigarmike »

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »

Your day is coming Mike, I can feel it! (or is it just gas?)

;)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2007, 10:50:07 AM »

yeah, I am not even in the loop and my fingertips are tingling.  eeeeee!  [smiley=nervous.gif]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.