Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: New Rinehart Tru Dual system install problem  (Read 23692 times)

Bagger

Re: New Rinehart Tru Dual system install problem
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 11:42:24 PM »

Ex Member.  Does this means the Glare/Zaino/Harley Glaze test is off? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

??????????? Inquiring minds want to know  [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif]

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2006, 12:51:52 AM »

[smiley=banana.gif] I cannot stop laughing  [smiley=banana.gif] I love this forum !!!

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2006, 01:07:40 AM »

Ex Member...???

Did he leave on his own or was he shown the door after his "outing"? ;D
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »

[smiley=zwtf.gif] I got to stop reading the last 40 only I missed that. :o

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
"d00d,

Remember when it was only the last 10?  I thought when Naitram changed it to 40 that it would definitely cover everything since my last visit.  Yeah, right.  Now 40 posts can be only one or two threads, and less than an hour elapsed time.  Sheesh!

Maybe we need another option, like the last X threads posted in, rather than the last X posts.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

"d00d,

Remember when it was only the last 10?  I thought when Naitram changed it to 40 that it would definitely cover everything since my last visit.  Yeah, right.  Now 40 posts can be only one or two threads, and less than an hour elapsed time.  Sheesh!

Maybe we need another option, like the last X threads posted in, rather than the last X posts.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Jerry

I like your thinking Jerry

jeffj

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2006, 12:31:55 PM »

I had included pictures of mines in another thread, but will add them below for all to see. As I stated earlier mines don't have the notch, but I don't have any clearance issues. Confusing the difference in heat shields, working, not working on some bikes. [smiley=confused5.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2006, 02:22:43 PM »

It has to be variation in the pipes, in the bike or in the installation, or a combination of all three.  I have struggled with pipe installs in the past and adjustment is everything... :-/

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2006, 03:27:29 PM »

I was thinking about notching the heat shield but it would need to be laser cut which could cost money. That is if it is done right !!! If it is not cut properly the chrome will peel and crack which I don't want to deal with.

This really isn't that big of a deal. My buddy's had Bassani's on his last two bikes. The header would not fit with the HD slotted billet style brake lever. All I did was use a right angle die grinder with a 60 grit sanding wheel on it to carefully remove material from the brake lever. Just make sure the wheel is spinning toward the back side of the lever so the chrome won't peel and go very easy. Once this was done and everything installed, you can't tell the brake lever has been sanded down. I put clear fingernail polish on the sanded off part of the brake lever to seal the chrome. The chrome has never peeled.

This is a free and easy sure cure.

Take care,

Grover

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »

This really isn't that big of a deal. My buddy's had Bassani's on his last two bikes. The header would not fit with the HD slotted billet style brake lever. All I did was use a right angle die grinder with a 60 grit sanding wheel on it to carefully remove material from the brake lever. Just make sure the wheel is spinning toward the back side of the lever so the chrome won't peel and go very easy. Once this was done and everything installed, you can't tell the brake lever has been sanded down. I put clear fingernail polish on the sanded off part of the brake lever to seal the chrome. The chrome has never peeled.

This is a free and easy sure cure.

Take care,

Grover

Thanks for the advice but I will stick with replacing the lever with the Kuryakyn lever. Most people will not notice the difference and I really don't want to take a grinder to the bike. It just doesn't sit well with me.  :o

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »

[smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=zwtf.gif]

wow, 103 nice catch, the night he spent polishing his bike at the Holiday Inn Express really went to his head, I guess he was just tryin to say he has a BS in BS  [smiley=oops.gif]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:58:41 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »

Ok, I contacted Jim Rego at Bub Tech Support regarding the fitment issues with the Rinehart duals and our Screamin' Eagles and this is what he said...

Hello Jim,
    The fitment issue is with the rear brake. We cannot give you a recommendation because of liability reasons and are not going to make an adjustment for one model of bike. Very sorry, but the customers I've talked to have either extended the billet one or replaced with stock OEM brake lever. This is only a Screaming Eagle problem and is not a problem with any other bike that we know of. Hope this answers question, please call if not to explain more in detail. Thanks, Jim

Jim Rego
Bub Tech Support
1-800-934-9739
7:30am-4:00pm pst

I tried to call him back to ask what he meant by "extending the billet one" but he hasn't returned my call yet.  Does anyone here know what he's talking about?  Will a spacer to move the lever and possibly the floor board out a little work?  Please post comments.  I'm taking the SERK to the dealer tomorrow.  The service manager is putting his best mechanic on it and they are going to try to install them without grinding or changing anything.  We'll see.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:42:06 PM by owenja »

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2007, 06:00:13 PM »

Jim,

Let us know how it goes.  Several of us interested in the outcome.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2007, 01:55:12 AM »

So I installed the new Kuryakyn brake lever and it fits perfectly and looks great (almost identical to the stock) in addition to being extended. Now I have another problem with these friggin pipes. I purchased the Zippers Thundermax auto tune kit and received it today. I went to install it and guess what, another problem. The new 5 wire O2 sensors are longer than the stock sensors and will not work on the front header. I cannot get the sensor line up with the port to screw it in because of the oil filter housing. I attempted to re-position the header after several hours of work without success. I was finally able to get the O2 sensor installed but the header would not seat properly on the gasket because of the length of the O2 sensor. I am seriously considering taking these Rineharts off and sending them back for a refund. Nothing but aggravation !!!  >:( >:(

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2007, 02:11:57 AM »

So I installed the new Kuryakyn brake lever and it fits perfectly and looks great (almost identical to the stock) in addition to being extended. Now I have another problem with these friggin pipes. I purchased the Zippers Thundermax auto tune kit and received it today. I went to install it and guess what, another problem. The new 5 wire O2 sensors are longer than the stock sensors and will not work on the front header. I cannot get the sensor line up with the port to screw it in because of the oil filter housing. I attempted to re-position the header after several hours of work without success. I was finally able to get the O2 sensor installed but the header would not seat properly on the gasket because of the length of the O2 sensor. I am seriously considering taking these Rineharts off and sending them back for a refund. Nothing but aggravation !!!  >:( >:(

I answered you in the TC board as well....Sadunbar, A member here, had the same problem with the o2 sensors. You can loosen the filter adapter plate and rotate it a bit to gain the required clearance.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2007, 02:25:32 AM »

I answered you in the TC board as well....Sadunbar, A member here, had the same problem with the o2 sensors. You can loosen the filter adapter plate and rotate it a bit to gain the required clearance.

If clearances are that tight this sounds like something else Zippers might take a bit of notice of.  Aftermarket will build parts with stock parts in mind.  If Zippers sensors are sufficiently larger over the stock pieces that they'll have fitment issues as a result they might have to come up with a different sensor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.