Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Boom 1.18.3 2015 01 20  (Read 23087 times)

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
Re: Boom 1.18.3 2015 01 20
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 01:21:20 AM »

Thanks for all the posts guys. Installed my update and will now spend the morning seeing what actually changed.

Also giving the my scenic drives a go to see how that performs.

Cheers

Did a 250 mile loop through the swamp country bayous today mainly to see how the GPS planning works and generally get my head around the Boom Audio system. Firstly and most importantly the ride was great. There were a mixture of roads and conditions but thankfully no rain, although it was a tad brisk.  IMHO the 15 SERGU handles better than any Harley I have previously ridden that has not had thousands pumped into it.

Had no problems loading myscenic drive files into the Boom (thanks for the tips) and they even looked good to go but as soon as I went to leave they froze up with a flashing icon on the right side of the screen which I am yet to look up. I did the whole black start thing several times before giving it the flick. It works fine as a GPS if you simply put in the next place you want to go. Also had issues with using the phone and then going back to NAV or music. Basically had to turn it off and back on a few times to get it to work. AVC does not work for me regardless of how many times I turn the radio off and on. Unsure if it is supposed to but I did like the feature that lets the intercom work as well as providing NAV directions when you have the radio off. 

Must admit operator error contributed to some of the issues I had with it today. Its all new and different and 'complicated' by comparison to what I have been used to. I have no doubt that with experience I will get better with the boom and there will be more 'fixes' from the MoCo.  I think may give the HD ride planner a go tomorrow and if I have no joy with that I will try the tyre software. More practice required, I believe I will head to Floridah for bit.

Cheers

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »

How many points did you enter on the route? Did the route load as a destination at all? Thanks for the write up and even admitting operator error
Will

FinalShot

• 2015 CVO Limted
    • TX

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »

This fellow from HDforums does a nice job on route importing.

That's me, thanks...  I've been thinking about redoing it a little better and maybe shortening the length. I've also thought about doing a video on each of the Rider Planner, Tyre and Basecamp.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »

Thanks for taking the time and doing these things :2vrolijk_21:

jaapv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »

It is now possible to skip a waypoint, but how do you do that?

Jaap

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »

I'm not very tech savvy so I really appreciated the information video. I'm using a MAC so that may be part of my problem. I saved 3 routes on Harley Ride Planner and transferred them to GPX file then got them on my 4G stick--it lists my 3 routes when I open it. However, when I wanted to look at the route on the stick, it asks what application I want to use to open it. What application or how do I choose an application to see the route on the stick? I plugged it in to my USB port and got it on the Boom system. But it seemed to double the routes I saved; it showed hdRoute.gpx then _hdRoute.gpx, then hdRoute(1).gpx then _hdRoute(1).gpx etc. I had named each route on Ride Planner before I saved it but the saved name doesn't show on the stick--it only shows as these gpx files. When I select hdRoute.gpx, it brings up the named route as I saved it then gives me the 'select all' option plus the other options. I don't know why all these other options or what I'm supposed to select to get my route saved. Also, how do I preview a saved route on the Boom. Any help will be appreciated, I'll even take a private email or a private tutor!  Thanks.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »

Download Base Camp for program to view files. I too have loaded a route in bike and got double locations nw for HOME or TERRY'S. I think if route already in bike with some locations you need to not select all, but to add the new locations only.
Will
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.