Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Anyone using Dyna Beads?  (Read 3998 times)

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Anyone using Dyna Beads?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »

I agree that a tire should not have to have that much weight. Its a Harley Dunlop and they wont do anything about it as usual.Just saying Dyna beads would not balance it but lead weights did.
I've seen this pretty often, and one solution to all the weights is break it down, spin on the rim 180 degrees. It should take half the amount of weight.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »

Agree with spinning tire,  have done that with truck tires for a long time. Have used dyna-beads since weight slammed bike on first set of tires. Been thru a few tires in 54,000 miles have been happy since switching.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »

Just make sure that if you have them added during a tire change, that you don't get any caught between the rim and tire as this will most definitely cause a leak. Had the dealer install them ( I know, that where I made my first mistake ) when having new tires installed.  Had to go back three times before the stupid lummox got it right.  I think he has also worked on my engine.   :nervous:
Jesus is Lord

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »

In what way did they not work well?

Wouldn't balance. The tires in question were already balanced with weights (just a small amount required). I took the weights off and put the beads in through the valve stems after removing the valves. I started with aproxamately the same weight in beads as was removed in weights. Didn't work, so I let the air out and added extra, but still didn't work. I put lead weights back on after removing the beads (no small task)and all was OK. Later I replaced the wire rims with tubeless alloy rims and decided to try beads again. It worked on those rims just fine. The original wire rim tire still has some tread on it, so it is sitting in a corner of my garage. I haven't taken the tire off so the beads and tube are still in it. The only thing I can imagine is that possiblly the tube got a twist or crease inside when it was originally installed? I figure something must be obstructing the smooth flow of beads around inside the tube.

jb :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.