Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Rineharts  (Read 5184 times)

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
Rineharts
« on: June 19, 2005, 08:31:01 AM »

Picked up my Yellow SEEG on Tuesday. Put 500 miles on it by Friday. Put Rineharts on it Friday morning. All I can say is Rineharts Suck. The bike lost a great deal of the low end torque. I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right? I have the Rinehart quiet baffles coming. We'll see what they do.  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  BTW HD, Cox's in Rock Hill
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 08:31:41 AM by osmacat »
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Rineharts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 09:18:10 AM »

Question is......what other mod's have been done to justify the need for Rinehart's?  Without the mod's to build a performance package, putting on the Rinehart's is like "puttin' earrings on a pig"......might look a little better, but it still is what it is.     [smiley=laugh.gif]

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 10:03:32 AM »

Picked up my Yellow SEEG on Tuesday. Put 500 miles on it by Friday. Put Rineharts on it Friday morning. All I can say is Rineharts Suck. The bike lost a great deal of the low end torque. I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right? I have the Rinehart quiet baffles coming. We'll see what they do.  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  BTW HD, Cox's in Rock Hill

Now SUCK is a relative term...'specially if your Michael Jackson's relative.....sorry....like others have said, what else have you done?  PCIII...Race Tuner...SE air cleaner?

Wouldn't give up on the Rineharts so fast.  The Freedom Cycles version of Rineharts MAY be marginally better at peak numbers, for what that's worth, but don't trash your Rineharts yet...we are talking 1-2 HP difference with the Freedoms, and no appreciable torque difference for similar mods on the dyno sheets posted here.  That difference could be attributed strictly to tuning/weather factors at time of dyno.....but don't get me wrong, Freedom does make an excellent pipe, just not sure I'd say it's that much of a difference over stock Rineharts...so lets ask Hubbard... [smiley=laugh.gif]  Still haven't heard the outcome of his conversation with Gerald Rinehart regarding the Freedoms...inquiring minds want to know... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Guess we gotta keep it clean, Hub, somebody is watching, so don't use his exact language, as I can imagine it was, shall we say, colorful. [smiley=stop.gif]

The bottom line is any true dual will decrease low end torque compared to a 2-1...it's all a trade off for the sound and look you want....the trick with true duals is to try to lose LESS torque and Rineharts, with some help from a good tuner can be made to do that, plus sound and look better than any pipe currently on the market, IMO.

elvis

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:19 AM »

Now SUCK is a relative term...'specially if your Michael Jackson's relative.....sorry....like others have said, what else have you done?  PCIII...Race Tuner...SE air cleaner?

Wouldn't give up on the Rineharts so fast.  The Freedom Cycles version of Rineharts MAY be marginally better at peak numbers, for what that's worth, but don't trash your Rineharts yet...we are talking 1-2 HP difference with the Freedoms, and no appreciable torque difference for similar mods on the dyno sheets posted here.  That difference could be attributed strictly to tuning/weather factors at time of dyno.....but don't get me wrong, Freedom does make an excellent pipe, just not sure I'd say it's that much of a difference over stock Rineharts...so lets ask Hubbard... [smiley=laugh.gif]  Still haven't heard the outcome of his conversation with Gerald Rinehart regarding the Freedoms...inquiring minds want to know... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Guess we gotta keep it clean, Hub, somebody is watching, so don't use his exact language, as I can imagine it was, shall we say, colorful. [smiley=stop.gif]

The bottom line is any true dual will decrease low end torque compared to a 2-1...it's all a trade off for the sound and look you want....the trick with true duals is to try to lose LESS torque and Rineharts, with some help from a good tuner can be made to do that, plus sound and look better than any pipe currently on the market, IMO.

elvis

Thanks Elvis! You are right. They look and sound great. I just didn't like loosing the low end. I have changed the air cleaner to the SE and did the Stage 1 ECM flash at this point.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 01:10:45 PM »

You may want to dyno the bike with an RT or PCIII.  With the exact same setup that you now have, my bike was waaaaay lean with the Stage 1 download......17-1!!!!!!    No good in hot weather.  At minimum, a fuel tuner and good dyno guy can get you some marked improvements.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »

Osma(cat) quote!
"I know, HD2003... You told me so. Freedom Cycles. Right?"

Yep, that's what I said.
But that's the purpose of this site.
We all try different things.

But let me help on the Rineharts.
Get in touch with 04HD103. He has as fine a running SEEG as one could ask for. I think his setup is Rineharts, race tuner and S/E breather.
At Maggie Valley he was always there. His dyno #s are what you want. I'm sure he would help. That was the best running pumkin I ever had on my a$$. But then again, he might have been holding back. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Let this site help you help yourself.
Next time your at Cox, tell Chad and Jenna "Hi" for me.

And for my bud Elvis
The Freedom set up is more about bottom and mid range.
I don't think there are any claims about more top end.
Besides only time I need top end is when I ride with Tater and Otis.

And that's when I realize
"A man can never have to much horsepower"
All I want is enough to keep up with them.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 03:14:11 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 03:42:35 PM »

And for my bud Elvis
The Freedom set up is more about bottom and mid range.
I don't think there are any claims about more top end.
Besides only time I need top end is when I ride with Tater and Otis.

I know, just pullin your chain, HD... [smiley=laugh.gif]  You took almost 7.3 minutes to respond to a Freedom comment...been busy?

elvis

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 03:46:29 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 Whoa!  Hold on a minute there, allow me to put my 2 cents worth in this conversation!  IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage.  Maximum performance depends solely on a vast combination of modifications, with emphasis on how much air comes in, and goes out of the Engine.  I would wager the Freedom Pipes would perform in kind, or worse, with the same MODS.  Success lies in many counselors.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:01:11 PM by 103tHunDer »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:37:04 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
  Whoa!  Hold on a minute there, "Mr. I want somebody to ask me what the meaning of my handle is", allow me to put my 2 cents worth in this conversation!  IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage.  Maximum performance depends solely on a vast combination of modifications, with emphasis on how much air comes in, and goes out of the Engine.  I would wager the Freedom Pipes would perform in kind, or worse, with the same MODS.  Success lies in many counselors.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    

So Hubbard, What setup do you have as far as ECM.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 05:03:54 PM »

Quote from Tater
" IMO, there are only two reasons Rinehart Exhaust would not produce MORE Horsepower & Torque.  Incompetence of the installer, or sabotage."

Phew! [smiley=cool3.gif]

Good thing Tater held back on that one!

And for you Mr. Elvis

I was busy riding. Nancy made me come in from the rain.
I will try to be more responsive next time [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:01:35 PM by 103tHunDer »

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »

And for you Mr. Elvis

I was busy riding. Nancy made me come in from the rain.
I will try to be more responsive next time [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

C'mon jes fess up...you were out sabotaging Rineharts!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

elvis

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »

I love this site!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 08:03:40 AM »

Will other brands of mufflers fit on the Rinehart head pipes? Also, will the exhaust escaping the pipes be the same on both sides? Or different due to the length and shape of the head pipes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:06:13 AM by osmacat »
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 08:11:24 AM »

OSMACAT

What comes out of the motor comes out of the pipe!

I'm not sure if the Freedoms and or the Rinharts are true "EQUAL" length pipes.

Have you ever seen a set of Bassani's?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 12:26:17 PM »

So Hubbard, What setup do you have as far as ECM.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 I have the SE Race Tuner at present.  I'm considering the PCIII, based on recent information from my Engine Builder.  Not that I need any more POWER currently, as [bgcolor=Yellow]my "Led Sled" has yet to be "DUSTED" by another Harley.[/bgcolor]  However, I do admit to choosing my competition, for the most part, in that I target "Baggers" as my potential "victims."  As the old addage states, "It's a lot easier to get to the Top, than it is to stay there!"  I realize my day IS coming, but it ain't today!  Ride Hard!  Later--HUBBARD          
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 05:34:40 PM »

You may want to dyno the bike with an RT or PCIII.  With the exact same setup that you now have, my bike was waaaaay lean with the Stage 1 download......17-1!!!!!!    No good in hot weather.  At minimum, a fuel tuner and good dyno guy can get you some marked improvements.

BLM, You are on to something. I put the stock air cleaner back on and it runs some better on the low end. Guess I will have to wait until I get a PC or RT.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 07:16:20 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Whoever & Whatever,
 Having just realized my "Reply #7", posted in the "Rinehart Topic", introduced by osmacat, under "Electra Glide Discussion", has been edited, I feel compelled to respond to this dastardly deed!  The deleted section of my response, was in NO way intended to be offensive, or condescending, to osmacat.  While it did reveal a certain "Dry Sense of Humor", Ray Charles could see it was not a serious, or insulting remark!  The evidence of that, lies in Reply #8, by none other than, osmacat, quoting my reply in its ENTIRETY, clearly asking me for more information about my ECM.  osmacat displayed no dismay, or insult to his integrity, in any way.  Obviously, osmacat is a bit more mature, and thick skinned, than some of our Moderators are.  Advertising this power, that some of our Moderators think they now possess, in regards to such a petty issue as this, for the entire Site to see, is total BULLCHIT!  For future reference, it is my suggestion, that moderators contact the so-called offender, by PM or e-mail, and request the alledged derogatory remark, or statement, be modified, by its originator.  If the moderator cannot resolve the matter, then the Moderator should be required to contact naitram, who in my opinion, should have the exclusive power to delete.  I value this Great Site, and the Friends I have made, as a result of it.  It's a lot more fun and informative, than any other site I've seen.  If you don't want to play rough, or you can't take a joke, then don't come over to my house and play!  If "the powers that be" want everything to be so mamby-pamby, and P-C, why don't you post a list, with the names of known A$$HOLE's and/or SMARTA$$'s on the Site, for the Newbies to see!  Put my name on top of the list!  That way, I won't have to deal with this "delete" bullchit again.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 07:18:36 PM by HUBBARD »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:59 PM »

In an earlier PM to Naitram I expressed disappointment as to the pettiness of the manner in which these deletions occured. I also told him that my PM to him would be my last discussion on that issue. After review of current post concerning that issue I have to add one last statement. Sorry Naitram!

After reading DJW's post and Hubbards and the PM's to me from other members, I have to also request that the power to delete be only used by Naitram.

To quote Hubbard,
".  Advertising this power, that some of our Moderators think they now possess, in regards to such a petty issue as this, for the entire Site to see, is total BULLCHIT!  For future reference, it is my suggestion, that moderators contact the so-called offender, by PM or e-mail, and request the alledged derogatory remark, or statement, be modified, by its originator.  If the moderator cannot resolve the matter, then the Moderator should be required to contact naitram, who in my opinion, should have the exclusive power to delete."

I agree with the above statement.

If that puts HD2003 on that list of A-holes or SmartAzz, it's ok.
I probably deserve it.

I have lots of confidence that Naitram will ultimately do what best for this site.
And I will stand behind his decision. Even if I don't agree!

Cause Naitram is da man [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
And I appreciate this site!

HD2003
Chip

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 11:02:07 PM »

Just my $0.02 worth.  Got hung up this weekend on a highway ramp, guy in front wanted to enter 75 mph hwy at 10 mph, had a truck coming up the rear, wanting to make me a hood ornament.  Riding 2 up at about 10 mph opened it up hard, let the clutch take a good bite, and to my surprise, the whole front end came up in the air.  Grabbed 2nd, hard as I went around the guy in front and the front forks were fully extended.  Rinehart true duals, RT, Screamin' Eagle breather kit.
Now, I don't know about you, but I would say an 808# bike coming off the ground without popping the clutch is plenty of for me.  Of course, I am probably one of the older farts in here, so what do I know??? [smiley=bigok.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 11:17:17 PM »

Hey Striker.........'FraidKnot' !  I'm a OLDER fart.  But, sounds like you sure got a rush and a wide grin when that front end caught some air!  Put some Gravy on that sumbitch and ride on!    [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 11:38:16 PM »

Hey stryker and spyglide, must be "old fart" night sure nuff. I haven't had the pumpkin's front end in the air yet.  I'd call that "pucker power". Ride on!  [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 11:50:26 PM »

May not be A real old fart but I liked Strikers story makes me want to ride.Now that
SPYDER he is a old fart, and why were talking about old farts where is Hubbard.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 07:03:28 AM »

Hey OTIS, is there any 'down-side' to those Dunlop high speed run-flat COP tires???  Other than cost?  I guess they're considerably more expensive and probably harder to get on a rim.  I know i talked to DJW about 'em up at Soggy Valley, but can't remember all that he had to say  (must have had a cloudy mind).   Har!   [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 08:04:27 AM »

Just my $0.02 worth.  Got hung up this weekend on a highway ramp, guy in front wanted to enter 75 mph hwy at 10 mph, had a truck coming up the rear, wanting to make me a hood ornament.  Riding 2 up at about 10 mph opened it up hard, let the clutch take a good bite, and to my surprise, the whole front end came up in the air.  Grabbed 2nd, hard as I went around the guy in front and the front forks were fully extended.  Rinehart true duals, RT, Screamin' Eagle breather kit.
Now, I don't know about you, but I would say an 808# bike coming off the ground without popping the clutch is plenty of for me.  Of course, I am probably one of the older farts in here, so what do I know??? [smiley=bigok.gif]

D**n Striker! You convinced me.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 08:17:05 AM »

Hey OTIS, is there any 'down-side' to those Dunlop high speed run-flat COP tires???  Other than cost?  I guess they're considerably more expensive and probably harder to get on a rim.  I know i talked to DJW about 'em up at Soggy Valley, but can't remember all that he had to say  (must have had a cloudy mind).   Har!   [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Hey Spyder, they cost as much to mount as the price of the tire.  Most tire machines can't install them... they have to be done by hand usually.  And they are not rated for passenger use (whatever that really means)  I know people, including Otis that use them with a passenger with no problems though.  It's ok... I was cloudy too  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Also, I'm betting that the install may scratch them perty wheels too  [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:21:01 AM by DJW »

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 08:19:11 AM »

If "the powers that be" want everything to be so mamby-pamby, and P-C, why don't you post a list, with the names of known A$$HOLE's and/or SMARTA$$'s on the Site, for the Newbies to see!  Put my name on top of the list!  That way, I won't have to deal with this "delete" bullchit again.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                

Guess I'm on that list too!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

And this, as it IS off-topic, is at risk of deletion....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:22:20 AM by DJW »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 08:22:48 AM »

I think the cloudy thinking Otis called having a SOAR head.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Modified to add -   oooops - DJW hit the post button before I did, sorry I forgot that this was off topic.  I just thought about it and it made me laugh [smiley=lolk.gif] ---- or at least a big smile.  [smiley=vrolijk_4.gif]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:30:17 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:03 AM »

Hey Spyder, they cost as much to mount as the price of the tire.  Most tire machines can't install them... they have to be done by hand usually.  And they are not rated for passenger use (whatever that really means)  I know people, including Otis that use them with a passenger with no problems though.  It's ok... I was cloudy too  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Also, I'm betting that the install may scratch them perty wheels too  [smiley=laugh.gif]

OK, OK......NOW I remember why I decided that it wasn't worth it.  But, on the surface, a 'run flat' tire just seemed like a 'no brainer', huh???  Wonder if a bullet hole would make it go flat............probably not!   [smiley=rifle.gif] Har!   spyder

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 11:34:40 AM »

OK, OK......NOW I remember why I decided that it wasn't worth it.  But, on the surface, a 'run flat' tire just seemed like a 'no brainer', huh???  Wonder if a bullet hole would make it go flat............probably not!   [smiley=rifle.gif] Har!   spyder

I think we need a clarification though, Spyder... the tires are "bead-retention extended-mobility" designed to remain on the wheel during sudden loss of pressure.  Not really run-flat in the sense that you can ride home on them.  More like run flat, you can bring your bike to a safe stop and call for a tow.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 11:42:49 AM »

well, that makes my decision to not worry with getting them even easier.....I guess in addition to liking the idea of not being 'let down beside some dark, lonely stretch of backroad', that I've also always wanted a 'blues-mobile' with COP tires, etc., etc. like Dan A. and John B. had in the greatest music epic of modern day time!  Har!   [smiley=singer.gif] spyder

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I had a big ass grin on my face, and my wife says, "gonna do it again?"  She's been riding on the back with me forever, including hillclimbing in the dark!.... I didn't want to tell her I had to get the seat out of my butt cause I sucked it up when the thing caught me off guard.  I would have never expected it at this altitude,(6000 ft).  Nice machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »

Yeah, I had a big ass grin on my face, and my wife says, "gonna do it again?"  She's been riding on the back with me forever, including hillclimbing in the dark!.... I didn't want to tell her I had to get the seat out of my butt cause I sucked it up when the thing caught me off guard.  I would have never expected it at this altitude,(6000 ft).  Nice machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hey Striker

Please explain that "Hillclimbing in the dark"

Sounds interesting!

Bulldog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Love my Candy Cherry Baby!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »

Good Afternoon fellow Seegheads, I am new to the site, but have been reading and learning alot over the last few weeks, and this is my first post/question. Reading about the Rineharts vs the Freedom pipes debate I think I have decided on the Freedom package which they have listed for $1405.00 on the website, based on all the positve press/ business you guys have been sending there way is a group discount available? Or are you better off buying the pipes and then  buying the power commander and Screaming eagle air cleaner seperate.

Chip it was nice meeting you and your wife downtown Charlotte the other week look forward to riding with you guys soon!!

By the way awesome site keep up the good work!

PS Chip -who did your dyno work? Bulldog
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:42:21 PM by bulldog »
05 SEEG 2- Tone Candy Cherry
V&H True Duals with V&H Slip ons
Power commander III
S.E. Air Cleaner
HD Flame Windshield
Chrome-Inner primary cover, Cylinder base cover,HD Chrome windshield trim, chrome starter and more.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 05:38:44 PM »

Mr Bulldog

Great to have you here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
It a great big family!
And like other families we sometimes agree to disagree.
But it's a site like none other!

So post away my friend and you will be pleased at the answers and responses.

On the pipe question, my recommendation is for the whole package.
I bought just the pipes and the PClll, but that was because I already had the air breather!

You will be amazed at the difference!

I sent you a pm on the dyno work!
Just click at the top on messages!

Glad your here.

Look forward to riding soon!
Maybe this weekend!
Might even get that Osma to ride with us [smiley=shocked2.gif]

. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 05:53:40 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 07:22:39 PM »

May not be A real old fart but I liked Strikers story makes me want to ride.Now that
SPYDER he is a old fart, and why were talking about old farts where is Hubbard.

OTIS

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
 OLD FART?  ME?  [smiley=furious.gif] I KNOW you don't want me to "POST" what I know about one "Old Fart" in particular, do you?  [smiley=brood.gif] I mean, you know, the "Old Fart" that takes "flatulence" to new levels!  I didn't think so! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 07:31:20 PM »

Good Afternoon fellow Seegheads, I am new to the site, but have been reading and learning alot over the last few weeks, and this is my first post/question. Reading about the Rineharts vs the Freedom pipes debate I think I have decided on the Freedom package which they have listed for $1405.00 on the website, based on all the positve press/ business you guys have been sending there way is a group discount available? Or are you better off buying the pipes and then  buying the power commander and Screaming eagle air cleaner seperate.

Chip it was nice meeting you and your wife downtown Charlotte the other week look forward to riding with you guys soon!!

By the way awesome site keep up the good work!

PS Chip -who did your dyno work? Bulldog
 [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Bulldog welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  In regards to the group discount......I don't think anybody has approached them on it.  But because they put together their own package and are not just a distributor, I'd think it would be very possible.  

A "group discount" is probably not the right thing to ask for since you'd have to have a group of people ready to make the purchase within a short period of given time frame.  However, you can certainly ask for a "web site discount".  That would work something like we'll post a permanent "ad" in the "Group Buys" forum if they'll offer the members of this site ........say a 10% discount across the board.  Call and ask them.......Chip can tell you the guys name to ask for.  I've met them in person and they're all very nice guys and easy to talk to......friendly.  Good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:15 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Bulldog,
 Welcome to the Site!  For future reference, Chip is spelled "CHIT."  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Guilt by association is a forgivable offense!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Ride Hard!  Later--HUBBARD

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 07:56:14 PM »

[smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
[smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

[smiley=laugh.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
  OLD FART?  ME?  [smiley=furious.gif] I KNOW you don't want me to "POST" what I know about one "Old Fart" in particular, do you?  [smiley=brood.gif] I mean, you know, the "Old Fart" that takes "flatulence" to new levels!  I didn't think so! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  

Har!  Ole Poker-playing Dogs is more like it~  Har!   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]   spyder

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 10:35:45 PM »

hd2003, when the wife and I first started dating, used to have a dirt bike.  Get bored at nite, head out in the hills and start climbing in the dark.  Bike would be standing straight up on back wheel, headlite in the sky, and she had blind faith that I wouldn't bring it down on some mule dear in the quakies.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 08:50:25 AM »

As far as the Freedom package goes. I was an unbeliever. There, I said it Chip. Now I am stuck in trial and error land with my Rineharts and what to do with my ECM. I say go for the Freedom package. Buy some Chrome Rinehart tips vs. rotating the Freedom ones.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 11:02:48 AM by osmacat »
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2005, 09:08:55 AM »

A friend of mine has Rineharts ,with the race tuner and air cleaner kit ,preformace baffels ,dyno at 101 hp and 103 torque and runs great!Next time in for service I think I will have a race tuner installed. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:51 AM »

Sure would like to see a dyno comparison of same 103 with performance vs quiet baffles.  I'm betting the more restrictive 2" quiet baffle (vs the 2 1/2" performance baffle) would increase the low end torque, which is what I am interested in.  But the gig question is, will the decreased diameter of the quiet baffle flow enough air for the 103?

Bub said they had no dyno run on a 103 with quiet baffle to show me and that the quiet was designed for the 88ci....anybody using it on their 103 that also has experience with the performance baffle on their Rineharts?  

elvis

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »

I just put the quiet baffles in on friday. It definately has a crisper throttle response off idle. It does seem to run out of steam earlier in the rpm range though. Makes me wonder if it is too restrictive? Quieter with not as low a sound. Not sure I like them yet. Will post later.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2005, 12:02:44 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 The 2 1/2" Baffles, or loud ones, will produce the desired result on 103's and larger.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
  The 2 1/2" Baffles, or loud ones, will produce the desired result on 103's and larger.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Yeah, I'm considering selling the 2" ones to someone with an 88.
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »

Yeah, I'm considering selling the 2" ones to someone with an 88.

Sure would be interesting to see ya dyno the 2" and 2.5" when ya get yours dynotuned....you could do a before and after, which should be included in your dyno cost anyway.

elvis

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2005, 01:18:48 PM »

As far as the Freedom package goes. I was an unbeliever. There, I said it Chip. Now I am stuck in trial and error land with my Rineharts and what to do with my ECM. I say go for the Freedom package. Buy some Chrome Rinehart tips vs. rotating the Freedom ones.

[smiley=jalapeno.gif]
I love these smilies

Osmacat

Your not stuck, talk to 04HD103 or anyone else with the Rinharts, R/T and S/E breather, or with the PClll. With the right tuner you can have your cake and eat it to. With YELLOW icing!

And Tater

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,

It's more than just the pipes. It's the combination!
Send him to Neal. He's tha man on the dyno!

And Osmacat
Been thinking about the true duals on the 100th Classic.
Considering the Freedoms but would take some Rineharts w/2" baffles for a deal if you want to change. I put S/Eagles on it to keep it all Harley, but I'm tired of them now!

[smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]--->where's that cherry?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2005, 01:23:03 PM »

hd2003, when the wife and I first started dating, used to have a dirt bike.  Get bored at nite, head out in the hills and start climbing in the dark.  Bike would be standing straight up on back wheel, headlite in the sky, and she had blind faith that I wouldn't bring it down on some mule dear in the quakies.

Yep

Just as I thought there Striker
You were crazy then!
And that's a good thing.
Love those dirt bikes.
Makes us all a better rider!

[smiley=vrolijk27.gif]---> where's that cherry?

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

I have always been into looks and sound. But I went with a 2 into 1 exhaust. I chose a Hooker exhaust system, and added a high flowing airfilter and power commander. I had the fuel injection mapped at Carls speed shop in Daytona Beach. After all was said and done I dropped $ 1400.00 for everything . 100 hp and 103 ft lbs of torque at 5500 rpm.
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 11:30:23 AM »

Maverick

Good #'s Bud!

[smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]---> where's that cherry and blacberry? [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:12 AM »

Bub said they had no dyno run on a 103 with quiet baffle to show me and that the quiet was designed for the 88ci....anybody using it on their 103 that also has experience with the performance baffle on their Rineharts?

I went from the standard 2-1/4" to the 2-1/2"...the HP and TQ gain was +7 each.  Not bad for a $99 addition.  But I don't have stock heads, pistons and cams.  Like the sound of the performance baffles better too...has a deeper exhaust note.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2005, 07:51:21 AM »

I went from the standard 2-1/4" to the 2-1/2"...the HP and TQ gain was +7 each.  Not bad for a $99 addition.  But I don't have stock heads, pistons and cams.  Like the sound of the performance baffles better too...has a deeper exhaust note.

TallyKing, did the powerband move up in the RPM range much with the change?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:17 AM »

TallyKing, did the powerband move up in the RPM range much with the change?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder

No, not at all.  Comparing the before and after dyno sheets, they are actually almost identical up to about 3,500 rpm's...from there the HP and TQ begin to increase at a higher rate with the 2-1/2 inchers.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2005, 06:55:24 PM »

No, not at all.  Comparing the before and after dyno sheets, they are actually almost identical up to about 3,500 rpm's...from there the HP and TQ begin to increase at a higher rate with the 2-1/2 inchers.

Well, then 'what's the down-side' to using the larger baffle?  Other than shelling out the add'l. $100 bucks?  Am I missing something that I need to consider before changing from medium to large?   Seems like it's too good to be true    [smiley=nervous.gif]   Har!   spyder   [smiley=confused.gif]

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »

Well, then 'what's the down-side' to using the larger baffle?  Other than shelling out the add'l. $100 bucks?  Am I missing something that I need to consider before changing from medium to large?   Seems like it's too good to be true    [smiley=nervous.gif]   Har!   spyder   [smiley=confused.gif]

From where I sit, there is no down side...a little louder maybe, but definitely a better sound (IMHO), and more power/torque.  Now, that may not be so on a stock motor...I don't know...I'm very happy with the change[smiley=vrolijk_4.gif]and think that the minimal investment was well worth it.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 20 queries.