Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Extended service plan (ESP) worth the price?  (Read 14894 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Extended service plan (ESP) worth the price?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2014, 10:04:12 AM »

The decision to purchase an ESP is an individual one.  Know some who have never used it, others who used it a lot.

Have had 3 of these.  All 3 bikes MINIMUM Race Tuner, breather, non HD pipes. Not one issue regarding a denial for mods, but others have from what I read.

#1 On the 02 RK did a little better than break even.  Bought 3 extra years for total of 5.

#2 On my 07 SEULTRA which also had SE cams, high comp pistons I used it too many times to count.  Was about $1500 ahead on it when I traded it for my 10.  Got a refund on the ESP of $1200 since had a few years left.  

#3 On my 2010 SEULTRA got the 5+ years.  Am about $300 ahead with 3 years left on it.  Recently had lifters, front wheel bearings, and a rotor replaced.  Cost was $50 for all, except upgraded to SE lifters (paid difference only on parts) since stock are crap.  

One reason I buy the ESP is that there are so many internal crap parts - like the compensator - plus the well documented electrical glitches on an Ultra - figure since I ride a fair number of miles odds are in my favor to break even or better.  A lot of folks think a CVO motor has SE (better) internals but they do not.

I do not buy ext. warrantys or service contracts on anything else - only HD.  If you only plan to ride a few miles, probably no reason to get one.  If you ride a lot, maybe.  For me the odds are way better than blackjack, historically.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

I know that locally the adjusters look for anything "non-factory" specifically pipes and piggyback tuners.

TTS makes that easy... and fullsac's pipe under stock shields is perfect for that.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2014, 07:53:11 AM »

I'd rather have American union labor any day versus the cheap crap Chinese labor involved in many of the cheap crap parts Harley installs on their bikes and sells in their accessory and motor clothes boutiques.  And the vast majority of the failures on the bikes are not related to the American assembly labor, but rather the lousy design work and lousy purchased part quality and excessive cost cutting by management.

Jerry

Never belonged to a union but support the American Labor Movement.  Would rather have a product built in this country even if some items come from overseas!
Do it now!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.