Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Dealer Eval Scheduled  (Read 6119 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Dealer Eval Scheduled
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

The "beancounters" are the ones that do just that, they count the beans. They tell HD how much can be saved by different methods of manufacturing. The method they use now is to have the engines built as cheap as possible, and maintain strict patents on their design, maximizing the returnt to the corp. The current method of making the parts to specified tolerances allows them to assemble the components without measuring anything during assembly. This is "good enough" production. The crappy pressed flywheels are cheaper to produce and spec'd tolerance allows them to put it in your motor without any further balancing or truing. Eliminating the Timken bearing allows each assembler to build more motors each day, increasing productivity.

All this yields a lowering of QC and shows in the final product. A certain percentage of failures and W.....ty work is acceptable under this approach, since it's cheaper to fix them rather than build em better. This is common for manufacturing these days. It's all about profits and return to shareholders. These corps could care less about customers or employees anymore. We're just necessary evils to their business. It's up to the dealers/salespeople of these corps to convince the customer that they do care, even though they really don't. How your serviced after the sale is up to the dealer/sales person, and that service will determine if you'll ever do business with them again. This is not just HD, it's the American Corporate way these days. You must see it elswhere too. Just open up your eyes. And get used to it, cause it surely won't get any better either! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Wow, I'd think a guy who just quit his job and is planning a nice bike trip to SC would be in a better mood.   :confused5:

Everything you said is true.  Still doesn't make the term any less insulting!  One of my favorite bands has a song with a line that goes "Why'd they let the Monkey go, and blame the monkey wrench."  Put the blame where the blame belongs.  Thats all I'm saying. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »

Wow, I'd think a guy who just quit his job and is planning a nice bike trip to SC would be in a better mood.   :confused5:

Everything you said is true.  Still doesn't make the term any less insulting!  One of my favorite bands has a song with a line that goes "Why'd they let the Monkey go, and blame the monkey wrench."  Put the blame where the blame belongs.  Thats all I'm saying. 

Travis, I'm in a great mood and you're overly sensitive about it. It's not derogatory, it's just a term used for the guys that count the beans. And I'm not blaming them. This is all mandated by Corp Management. The blame is on them and the new American Corporate model/structure. Lighten up ya damn chithead beancounter!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

And ya better know that was all in fun good Travis!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »

Travis, I'm in a great mood and you're overly sensitive about it. It's not derogatory, it's just a term used for the guys that count the beans. And I'm not blaming them. This is all mandated by Corp Management. The blame is on them and the new American Corporate model/structure. Lighten up ya damn chithead beancounter!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

And ya better know that was all in fun good Travis!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Do we throw around terms like "ambulance chaser" "sawbones" "grease monkey" or "Pig" on this site?  No, we don't.  Those names are offensive to people in those professions, just like "beancounter" is to me.

You big chithead!   :huepfenjump3:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 01:47:43 PM »

Here's the deal:  I think Harley's are over-priced - SE bikes are really over-priced.  Has that stopped me from buying them........No!

The truth of the matter is that beancounters, corporate suits, or what ever you want to call them with HD apparently don't know their customers very well.  Even though my SEUC was over-priced, I would have felt better about spending a few extra $$$$ to get a more durable & dependable scooter.  No Joke!.....When you spend $35K on what is for most (if not all) of us a recreational vehicle, what is a few thousand more, if you are getting quality that you can feel good about >:(

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »

Do we throw around terms like "ambulance chaser" "sawbones" "grease monkey" or "Pig" on this site?  No, we don't.  Those names are offensive to people in those professions, just like "beancounter" is to me.

OK, you're no longer a "bean counter" You're officially the site "Mushroom Counter"!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »

OK, you got me on that last one.  What the heck profession is a "Pig"? :confused5:  And don't say whatever my profession is, cause I don't have one.  ;D     Don't ya just hate those retired guys, always rubbing it in?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »

OK, you got me on that last one.  What the heck profession is a "Pig"? :confused5:  And don't say whatever my profession is, cause I don't have one.  ;D     Don't ya just hate those retired guys, always rubbing it in?

Jerry

May be a reference to Law Enforcement Officers??   :nixweiss:  (not that I would ever make such a reference to the ticker hand-er-out-ers)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »

May be a reference to Law Enforcement Officers??   :nixweiss:  (not that I would ever make such a reference to the ticker hand-er-out-ers)
That's what it is. :2vrolijk_21: There are several M/C's for LEO that bare that name....

Renegade Pigs M/C

Iron Pigs M/C

Wild Pigs M/C

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »

Here's the deal:  I think Harley's are over-priced - SE bikes are really over-priced.  Has that stopped me from buying them........No!

The truth of the matter is that beancounters, corporate suits, or what ever you want to call them with HD apparently don't know their customers very well.  Even though my SEUC was over-priced, I would have felt better about spending a few extra $$$$ to get a more durable & dependable scooter.  No Joke!.....When you spend $35K on what is for most (if not all) of us a recreational vehicle, what is a few thousand more, if you are getting quality that you can feel good about >:(

Sorry, we got a bit distracted there.

I would propose that HD knows their customers VERY well.  The vast majority of the people on this site, don't represent HD's average customers.  We are above average.   :bananarock:  We ride our bikes, we work on our bikes, and we hang out with people who do the same.  We know more about these bikes than all most everyone working at the local dealerships.

I'd guess that the average Harley owner puts about 2k miles a year on their bike.  Almost all of those miles being local trips and sunday rides.  How many bikes do you see on ebay that are 5 years old and have 4k miles or less on them.  And they proudly announce that the bike "has never seen rain."  WTF   :nixweiss:  Harley realized years ago that even their touring bikes don't need to be touring bikes, just bar hoppers.  Thus we get bikes filled with parts not designed to hold up to the wear and tear people like us put on them.  CVO bikes aren't more expensive because they are more durable or dependable.  They just have a bigger engine and more shinny stuff.

I get more surveys from Harley than any other company I have ever dealt with.  They know their customers, we're just not the customer they are building bikes for.  We're the 5% of customers that they are willing to put up with, only because they are making so damn much money on the other 95%.

JMO.  I could be wrong.  I am not yet a Yoda Master of Sarcasm.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »

OK, you're no longer a "bean counter" You're officially the site "Mushroom Counter"!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Would those be morrels or some other mushroom?   :tr_4:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »

Travis

You will always be accountant to us!

:2vrolijk_21:

Well besides the guy with the fast red SERK
 ;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »

You are right on the money.  I never like to pay more than absolutely necessary for anything, probably due to the Scottish part of my ancestry, but I get over it real quick when the product turns out to be great and I feel like I've been treated very well.  Unfortunately, neither of those things happened with my CVO purchase.  The bike was overpriced, it was a quality fiasco from day one, and the dealer and MoCo couldn't have cared less about my dissatisfaction with the product or the service.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I usually like a kiss with my screwin'.  Too bad the current bunch running the MoCo are more of the "wham, bam, see you later mam" types.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »

You would think a guy with 3 bikes in his garage would have more to do than hang around this site picking on me.   :'(

When are they going to get your ultra done?  If Don had been able to make Ribfest, we would have had you riding by Sunday afternoon.

A TRUE friend would have made sure I only have TWO bikes in the garage now. Unless.....wheres that damn smiley with the zipped lips at when I need it?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

A TRUE friend would have made sure I only have TWO bikes in the garage now. Unless.....wheres that damn smiley with the zipped lips at when I need it?

Are you talking to me or Henry?   :confused5:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »

Are you talking to me or Henry?   :confused5:

I was talking to you..BUT Henry may as well take note too.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.