Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Engine Heat--Hot right leg SESG2  (Read 10387 times)

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
Engine Heat--Hot right leg SESG2
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:39:04 AM »

Put on the Fullsac X-Pipe, baffles, and fuel map.  Right leg getting hot from engine heat.  Anyone else experiencing similar problem?  Solutions? 

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Engine Heat--Hot right leg SESG2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »

Everyone has this issue. As you've already switched to a catless header, about all that's left is to add mid-frame heat deflectors. They do help. I use the HD ones.
I've found riding faster helps too :)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

What you did does help but these bikes/motors are still hot and I have the frame deflectors. 

I'm not being smart, but we are sitting on top of an engine/exhaust system.  Open the hood on your car on an 85 degree day and see if you would want to sit on that.

IMO, you have done about all you can do.  FWIW, Bob

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »

Put on the Fullsac X-Pipe, baffles, and fuel map.  Right leg getting hot from engine heat.  Anyone else experiencing similar problem?  Solutions? 

I have your same setup as well as the deflectors. I can't really complain about mine. Stopped dead still at a light , maybe, but running down the highway I don't really notice it. Before I put on the pipe , baffles and tuner it was pretty damn hot but not now. Sorry to say you probably are gonna have to "up" your tolerance level. The only other thing I could think of is if your tune didn't go in right and it is still real lean or something like that.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »

I have your same setup as well as the deflectors. I can't really complain about mine. Stopped dead still at a light , maybe, but running down the highway I don't really notice it. Before I put on the pipe , baffles and tuner it was pretty damn hot but not now. Sorry to say you probably are gonna have to "up" your tolerance level. The only other thing I could think of is if your tune didn't go in right and it is still real lean or something like that.

I'll have to agree...I installed the mid-frame shields to keep from poachin' the juevos. That was before the Fullsac Stage 1. Now after it, the heat is half as bad and I'm thinkin' I could do w/o the shields now. So perhaps you are still running quite lean and hot.

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »

You can also try extending you running boards out,it helps a little to get your legs away from the engine.My wife has the same set up as you and she says its not too bad.

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  Was considering the mid-frame heat deflectors.  Actually surprised the bike did not come with them.  At any rate, will give that a go.

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »

I suggest you take a look at this : http://www.nightrider.com/parts/
I took the time to read the information here and I called the information line.  I installed a set of these sensors and immediately noticed a significant drop in temperature.  I have mid-frame deflectors and V&H high output slip-ons on a 2011 CVO SG.  I did NOT need any additional tuning or mapping. This does not affect your warrantee.  This is a product that actually works as well as the ads claim.
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »

I took off my lowers.   Made a big difference. 

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »

I took off my lowers.   Made a big difference. 
Were they easy to take off? Also, what did you do with the speaker wires?

I've got V & H Dresser Duals with the Hi-Output slipons plus a good tune and my right calf/leg gets pretty toasty. Even on the cool 50 degree day rides. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like riding around in 85-90 degree days.

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »

Were they easy to take off? Also, what did you do with the speaker wires?

I've got V & H Dresser Duals with the Hi-Output slipons plus a good tune and my right calf/leg gets pretty toasty. Even on the cool 50 degree day rides. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like riding around in 85-90 degree days.

There are plugs right in front of the tank for the speaker wires. Just unplug and secure the wire.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

There are plugs right in front of the tank for the speaker wires. Just unplug and secure the wire.
Nice! Thanks for the fast response.

I just got down washing the beast so now I think I'm going to pull the lowers to see how it works. :2vrolijk_21:
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »

Hmmm, can only find one bolt on the bottom.

I must be missing something.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »

there should be a set behind the speakers also
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »

Great find you have there - wonder if I would need to remove my SE race tuner if I fitted this part?
Great detail of info here - all seems to make perfect sense to me
Was it the Xied 10 or Vied 10 you purchased?

Any other info you have would be appreciated

Won't need to wrap my leg in tin foil any more!!!!!

I suggest you take a look at this : http://www.nightrider.com/parts/
I took the time to read the information here and I called the information line.  I installed a set of these sensors and immediately noticed a significant drop in temperature.  I have mid-frame deflectors and V&H high output slip-ons on a 2011 CVO SG.  I did NOT need any additional tuning or mapping. This does not affect your warrantee.  This is a product that actually works as well as the ads claim.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.