Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Glides on dealers floors.  (Read 14034 times)

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Glides on dealers floors.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:36:31 PM »

Was at Kane's HD in Kelowna BC last week. He has a O/B SERG coming in soon, going on the floor. Don't know what the tax issues are getting a Canada purchased bike into the states, but the US $ is running 1.26 on the CN $.

I was at H/D of Edmonton last week, same place where I bought up my my SERG in October.  Originally they thought they would be getting "several" SERG's, but now it doesn't look like any until May. Anyway, the price when I bought was $37,000 plus PDI, now they are asking $40,990 plus PDI (Canadian). To my knowledge there is no waiting list. When I went in to shop around in October I put down a $5,000 deposit and ten days later their first SERG was in with my name on it. Soooo....if there are any Canucks with an extra $42K in their pocket, give them a call.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »

Seems like every dealer I've been to has an anniversary SE Dyna and/or an anniversary SE springer.  My local dealer has a few of both.  However, they're still not willing to come down below about 25K for them.  I would love to have an anniversary SE Dyna.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

Lots of reasons in my opinion.

A) The 110 motor didn't exactly cause heart palpitations say on the level of the introduction of the Chrysler 426 Hemi.

B) The market for CVO's may be saturated. There's a finite amount of customers willing to lay down $12k over the cost of a regular production Ultra-Classic.

C) Many of our members have gotten so far into modifying their existing CVO's that they have no desire to start over with a new one.You take folks like Twolanerider,Fired00d,103tHunDer,Otis, Hubbard,and many many others, they're so stone in love with the bikes they have,new models are nice to look at but no way they're worth trading in ole Maudie or whatever.

D) For those members that do want to trade or buy an 09, the SERG is THE model this year. Perhaps the best offering out of Milwaukee/York in many years. I notice your post doesn't mention SERGs sitting around unsold.What that means is down the road, the SERG will retain it's value at a higher percentage than the SEUC.

E) The economy is iffy for many people. I'll offer myself up as an example. With a fixed income, my only chance of extra discretionary funds lies in my investments which have lost 32% as of yesterday since a year ago at this time. I'm not going to pull $35k out of an already weak portfolio. And again in my case, credit is tight. In the process of filing for and being accepted for private disability insurance, California State Disability Insurance and Social Security Disability Income, every credit reporting agency in the known universe is now aware I do not have a job and my income has gone down somewhat. H-D credit will loan me the money to buy a new SERG, but at 15.99%. No thank you.

Bottom line is H-D needs to follow the lead of the auto industry - - - deep discounts and 0% financing

So that's my take on the situation.

B B

F) The day of the air cooled over heating, gasket blowing, oil leaking CVO has come to a end. There is "going to be change" when the wet motor comes out next year ( ::)) with double the h.p. and torque mated to the new frame and suspension it was designed for.

Thats what I'm waiting for.  Doc

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »

Give me a 2013 110th Anniversary Screaming Eagle bagger w/c!

In some semblence of silver!

Of course!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ironhorse432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »

The dealer I got mine at has no cvo rg's on the floor,and no cvo ultra's.I was second in line for the one I got.no.1 cut and run and I grabbed it.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 10:54:47 AM »

You absolutely have hit the nail on the head

We have a beautiful O/B SERG sitting on the florr that the dealer can not sell

How much $
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »

F) The day of the air cooled over heating, gasket blowing, oil leaking CVO has come to a end. There is "going to be change" when the wet motor comes out next year ( ::)) with double the h.p. and torque mated to the new frame and suspension it was designed for.

Waiting to see what "it" will be when it finally hits the street is worth a significant bit of anticipation.  Personally, however, I'm still not interested in whatever the motor will be in its first year or two of release.  Unless someone else has done the motor for them Harley has proved too many times they can't get it right right out of the box on significant new engine models.  They might this time, and they might not.  But their own history too strongly suggests they won't.  I'll be quite content enjoying the new engine from the sidelines for awhile until comfort levels of its reliability have become appropriate.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 11:58:40 AM »

Waiting to see what "it" will be when it finally hits the street is worth a significant bit of anticipation.  Personally, however, I'm still not interested in whatever the motor will be in its first year or two of release.  Unless someone else has done the motor for them Harley has proved too many times they can't get it right right out of the box on significant new engine models.  They might this time, and they might not.  But their own history too strongly suggests they won't.  I'll be quite content enjoying the new engine from the sidelines for awhile until comfort levels of its reliability have become appropriate.

Hey, we will still need something to bitch about, but will have something that has no limits on tuning and tinkering. I agree though, that it will take several years before its right including the belt drive and anything else 150+ hp is connected to.   Doc

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

Wait some more Doc. They can't get a water buffalo that makes the kind of torque you and everyone else is expecting. I've read some articles here and there along the way about the V-Rod motor and they supposedly went all the way to 120 + CUI and still didn't get 100ftlbs. The V-Rods work because they weigh 200lbs less than a FD. I massaged my 05 Screamin Eagle V-Rod as much as I could. Got it up to 125hp but never could get the TQ beyond 89. TQ comes from stroke and the V-Rod motors to date have been short stroke like all the metric versions. For some reason when you try to go beyond a certain length stroke in them they don't run right. Don't ask me why, I'm just playing parrot here and repeating chit I've read and heard folks talking about.

B B

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »

If the 2010's are water cooled, I'm inclined to believe the typical Harley rider will want the 09's all the more.  If not for the classic design, it will be for the simplicity & looks.  I just can't picture a "Harley" with a radiator.

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

If the 2010's are water cooled, I'm inclined to believe the typical Harley rider will want the 09's all the more.  If not for the classic design, it will be for the simplicity & looks.  I just can't picture a "Harley" with a radiator.

I'm with you PR3 on this one.....

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »

Wait some more Doc. They can't get a water buffalo that makes the kind of torque you and everyone else is expecting. I've read some articles here and there along the way about the V-Rod motor and they supposedly went all the way to 120 + CUI and still didn't get 100ftlbs. The V-Rods work because they weigh 200lbs less than a FD. I massaged my 05 Screamin Eagle V-Rod as much as I could. Got it up to 125hp but never could get the TQ beyond 89. TQ comes from stroke and the V-Rod motors to date have been short stroke like all the metric versions. For some reason when you try to go beyond a certain length stroke in them they don't run right. Don't ask me why, I'm just playing parrot here and repeating chit I've read and heard folks talking about.

B B

I guess they will have to ask Honda, every wing has one. Baggers need the TQ more than HP but you can have both when your wet. I'm going to keep my 00 regardless and have the first dry and the first wet SERG's. Hope your feeling better, we sure pulled out a nice day today.  Doc

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

That's why 2013 is the year for me!
And it's easy to get your name to the top of the list when you ask 4 years in advance!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »

That's why 2013 is the year for me!
And it's easy to get your name to the top of the list when you ask 4 years in advance!

SBB

To forecast that far in expectation of reliability and CVO greatness, amazes me to no end. Either your insight or research has got to be working full time.

Or, you're just rolling the dice.

The technology factor says multiple changes will take positive advances 100 fold by end of the decade. Just in the CPU chip alone, they expect less expensive multiple layer enhanced progress by the end of January, 2009. And we know there are already millions of processes existing. In real time, that's so much advance even Honda can't forcast how much technology will change the marketplace. But the manufacturers still have control as they buffer the tech advances to the consumer wallet.

I think the FLHRSE4 is a prime example. The amazing changes from a 2005 to a ride 3 years later could not be forecast by consumers without extensive research and some inside knowledge. Todays advances, plus EPA, CARB and other world friendly environment groups dictate that change will happen faster and faster and faster each year.

There's the old formula that applies to CPU power and performance which I can't remember for the life of me right now. But you know what I am referring to, yes?

Who knows what new tech product we will be typing on in three to five years?

Look at my CVO#3. Now That's a Screamin' Eagle Monster I want. But the tech changes will never let that happen in the configuration I had in mind then...

And as stated, the margin for error on the MOCO's part is higher than the House Odds on the PM Wheel in Las Vegas....

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 02:17:32 PM »

Or, you're just rolling the dice.

Mike K.
kona76

Dice Mike Dice!

The assumption is 10's being watercooled and the bugs worked out by the 13's!

Only time will tell!

SBB
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:33:08 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.