Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Glides on dealers floors.  (Read 14053 times)

springer 03

Glides on dealers floors.
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Seems that the new Screaming Eagle Road Glides are sitting on the dealers floors waiting for new homes. I'm sure it's a sign of the economy. I've been told that MSRP  is more than what they are asking and they still aren't moving. What is the bottom line on these beauties?? $1000 off, $1500 off?  :confused5:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Glides on dealers floors.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

Our dealer has dropped shipping and setup from his prices and they still aren't moving any bikes.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

Lots of reasons in my opinion.

A) The 110 motor didn't exactly cause heart palpitations say on the level of the introduction of the Chrysler 426 Hemi.

B) The market for CVO's may be saturated. There's a finite amount of customers willing to lay down $12k over the cost of a regular production Ultra-Classic.

C) Many of our members have gotten so far into modifying thier existing CVO's that they have no desire to start over with a new one.You take folks like Twolanerider,Fired00d,103tHunDer,Otis, Hubbard,and many many others, they're so stone in love with the bikes they have,new models are nice to look at but no way they're worth trading in ole Maudie or whatever.

D) For those members that do want to trade or buy an 09, the SERG is THE model this year. Perhaps the best offering out of Milwaukee/York in many years. I notice your post doesn't mention SERGs sitting around unsold.What that means is down the road, the SERG will retain it's value at a higher percentage than the SEUC.

E) The economy is iffy for many people. I'll offer myself up as an example. With a fixed income, my only chance of extra discretionary funds lies in my investments which have lost 32% as of yesterday since a year ago at this time. I'm not going to pull $35k out of an already weak portfolio. And again in my case, credit is tight. In the process of filing for and being accepted for private disability insurance, California State Disability Insurance and Social Security Disability Income, every credit reporting agency in the known universe is now aware I do not have a job and my income has gone down somewhat. H-D credit will loan me the money to buy a new SERG, but at 15.99%. No thank you.

Bottom line is H-D needs to follow the lead of the auto industry - - - deep discounts and 0% financing

So that's my take on the situation.

B B
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:00:40 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

My dealer had $1000.00 dollar nonrefundable deposits on all the 09
SERG bikes by august. He also had a deposit  on the first 2010 SERG!!!!

No SERG bikes on the dealer floor around here.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:18:10 AM »

title of the thread and the contents mention the SERG specifically.

it may be "THE" CVO bike this year, but they are still sitting on the floor like every other CVO bike (and non CVO), the dealer near me has had an '09 FXSTSSE3 AND a SERG on the floor for about 3 months!

they came in while my bike was getting the "enhancement" recall work done, the '09 CVO's were just being uncrated while they were test riding my bike after the second head gasket and cylinder base gasket install (head gaskets and cylinder base gaskets had to be replaced three times in a row) and that was the middle of September! :'(

I was the first person to sit on both while they were still sitting on the crate!  lol
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »

it may be "THE" CVO bike this year, but they are still sitting on the floor like every other CVO bike (and non CVO), the dealer near me has had an '09 FXSTSSE3 AND a SERG on the floor for about 3 months!

they came in while my bike was getting the "enhancement" recall work done, the '09 CVO's were just being uncrated while they were test riding my bike after the second head gasket and cylinder base gasket install (head gaskets and cylinder base gaskets had to be replaced three times in a row) and that was the middle of September! :'(

I was the first person to sit on both while they were still sitting on the crate!  lol

Must be the dealer, winter or NJ as I did a search of all available '09 SERG inventory in the SE Region for Chip and found 1 that was sold, but not off the computer inventory yet.  Familiar with 3 dealerships and all have a waiting list for the SERG's as well as FXSTSSE3's. 

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 01:47:46 PM »

Seems that the new Screaming Eagle Road Glides are sitting on the dealers floors waiting for new homes. I'm sure it's a sign of the economy. I've been told that MSRP  is more than what they are asking and they still aren't moving. What is the bottom line on these beauties?? $1000 off, $1500 off?  :confused5:

Interesting.  If you could advise what part of the country and what dealership I'd be interested in helping them out of all they had below MSRP.

Thanks

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »

I was at a dealer here in Calgary, has an yellow 09 SERG sitting on the floor for a week, the others he was getting sold out before they hit the floor. Of course it does not help us in Canada as HD announced a 10% price increase and it is 40 degrees below ZERO C with the wind chill, (at this temperature deg C and deg. F are the same) and about a foot of snow on the ground. He said he was accepting offers, however he is still trying to get $2,000 - $3,000 over MSRP.

geezerglide

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 06:05:11 PM »

I think it's just a sign of the time.  The CVO that I've only seen one, in my travels around the US, on the floor has been the SEUC and that was a Silver/Blue one in Seattle.  All of the other dealers I've visited on the road, I've seen SERGs, FatBobs and Springers (lots of springers and fat bobs).  Seems, at least to me, in the dealers I've been visiting, the SEUCs have been still outselling the other CVOs.  Either that, or they haven't been getting SEUCs in.  But I've seen the other three on the floors.  However, every dealer has more than their fair share of non-CVOs too...so I think it's just a sign of the times.   :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mrigeo

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »

Was at Kane's HD in Kelowna BC last week. He has a O/B SERG coming in soon, going on the floor. Don't know what the tax issues are getting a Canada purchased bike into the states, but the US $ is running 1.26 on the CN $.

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »

I was at the dealer in St. Paul today and they have 7 CVO's on the floor. Including two serg's. one o/b and one yellow. Of course I'm waiting for the silver. :confused5: However, It is winter here in MN so we cant ride now any way...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »

Weird how you can be thinking something and not read what's in front of you. I opened the thread thinking SEUC and could have sworn the orginal post was about the SEUC. The thread title however is ambiguous. As a long time Road Glide owner including a 2000 SERG, I've never though of them as " Glides"

B B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

Jon (Jonga) and I went down today to put first and second right of refusal for the 2010 CVO (depending on model).  I'm hoping the Ultra Classic has ran it's course and it'll go back to a SEEG or SESG. :nixweiss:

Although I do like that new red 09 SEUC.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »

Funny to hear you say that about the red SEUC, JC.  I just saw one for the first time earlier today.  I think that was the first time I've thought about letting go of the SEEG. :shocked2:  Nice bike!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »

Lots of reasons in my opinion.

A) The 110 motor didn't exactly cause heart palpitations say on the level of the introduction of the Chrysler 426 Hemi.

B) The market for CVO's may be saturated. There's a finite amount of customers willing to lay down $12k over the cost of a regular production Ultra-Classic.

C) Many of our members have gotten so far into modifying thier existing CVO's that they have no desire to start over with a new one.You take folks like Twolanerider,Fired00d,103tHunDer,Otis, Hubbard,and many many others, they're so stone in love with the bikes they have,new models are nice to look at but no way they're worth trading in ole Maudie or whatever.

D) For those members that do want to trade or buy an 09, the SERG is THE model this year. Perhaps the best offering out of Milwaukee/York in many years. I notice your post doesn't mention SERGs sitting around unsold.What that means is down the road, the SERG will retain it's value at a higher percentage than the SEUC.

E) The economy is iffy for many people. I'll offer myself up as an example. With a fixed income, my only chance of extra discretionary funds lies in my investments which have lost 32% as of yesterday since a year ago at this time. I'm not going to pull $35k out of an already weak portfolio. And again in my case, credit is tight. In the process of filing for and being accepted for private disability insurance, California State Disability Insurance and Social Security Disability Income, every credit reporting agency in the known universe is now aware I do not have a job and my income has gone down somewhat. H-D credit will loan me the money to buy a new SERG, but at 15.99%. No thank you.

Bottom line is H-D needs to follow the lead of the auto industry - - - deep discounts and 0% financing

So that's my take on the situation.

B B
You absolutely have hit the nail on the head

We have a beautiful O/B SERG sitting on the florr that the dealer can not sell
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.