Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fullsac questions  (Read 13922 times)

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Fullsac questions
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »

Well, I'm approaching 10,000 miles on my '13 Ultra, and have left it pretty much stock.  But I can't wait any longer...  the upgrade bug has bitten me.  Actually, it's been chewing on me for the last 10,000 miles.   :(   I asked Steve at Fullsac, but he didn't know what the answer is, and he suggested I come here and ask the experts.

Regarding the Fullsac cores, I've heard the 1.75 and 2.0, but want a little more "stank".  Haven't heard the 2.25 and 2.5 cores in person.  Does anyone know how the 2.25 and 2.5 compare to each other and other popular pipes like Rinehart, CFR, V&H, Crushers, Thunder Header, Fat Cats, etc?  Looking for deeper sound like the CFRs, but would like to keep the stock heat shields.  Thunder Headers and D&D fat cats are louder than I want.

Also what's the difference, if any, between the Fullsac DX and the Sport pipe as far as sound?  I know the larger cores will drop lower rpm torque a bit.  How do the DX and Sport pipes affect performance and sound?

Thanks for any advice and opinions.

Dan

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
Re: Fullsac questions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »

I've got a CVO Limited with 2' cores and I am happy as hell. 

My bother and I installed CVO cans with 2.25 cores on his limited and I was amazed at the difference!
His 103 Limited sounds great, but actually too loud (for me).

I can't imagine the sound from 2.5s.  I bet there are crazy loud and deep.

One thing from a post from Steve at Fulsac was that there is  "little" less bottom torque.  I see some trade off between that sound and the power going on. 

As with all mods, a good tune will make the difference.  And, it's what you want that matters.

I am a Fulsac fanboy, to be sure.  I think you will be pleased with whatever rout you take.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »

I've got a CVO Limited with 2' cores and I am happy as hell. 

My bother and I installed CVO cans with 2.25 cores on his limited and I was amazed at the difference!
His 103 Limited sounds great, but actually too loud (for me).

I can't imagine the sound from 2.5s.  I bet there are crazy loud and deep.

One thing from a post from Steve at Fulsac was that there is  "little" less bottom torque.  I see some trade off between that sound and the power going on. 

As with all mods, a good tune will make the difference.  And, it's what you want that matters.

I am a Fulsac fanboy, to be sure.  I think you will be pleased with whatever rout you take.

M

NO torque dips on the 110" motors. Went from 2.25" to 2.5" and my but dyno feels the same.

You can tell the difference I sound as well. I like them.

:pepper:

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »

I had the 2" for a while.  I think they were just right.   Torque was good and loud enough.  I recently went went to the kury powercell and crusher mellows.  I love the look and they sound great.  Little louder than the 2" fulsacs. Good luck whatever you decide.   You won't go wrong with their stuff.   Stuart.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

i have the DX pipe & 2.25 cores and im loving the sound...but...ordered the 2.5s just because i cant leave anything alone  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »

I had the 2.5" cores.  They sounded better than stock but still not good enough for me.  Adding the sport pipe really seemed to open things up.  There's a lot more air moving now and the sound is A LOT better.  I mean it's not like running straight pipes, but it sounds like what I think a good touring set up should sound.
Jake

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »

NO torque dips on the 110" motors. Went from 2.25" to 2.5" and my but dyno feels the same.
You can tell the difference I sound as well. I like them.
 :pepper:
YB

Heck ya. The band just moves to the right, no loss of torque, and the sound is wayyyy worth it.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:31 AM »

How do the DX and Sport pipes affect performance and sound?

I rode around for months with the 2" cores, when I changed out the header - Wow what a difference in sound - I tuned as well so tuning with a header huge performance gains felt.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 06:28:08 AM »

I have the D X pipes with 2.25 SD cores....sound great but not over powering when on the highway ...great for long distance

Has to be some sort of torque loss going to a 2.5 from a 2.0 to a 2.25 you get a little loss....opening the cores to a 2.5 has to have a loss going that big a core....2.5 would be great if you had a heavily modified engine.
but some people will take the torque drop for a better sound.
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 09:36:20 AM »

I run the DX pipe and 2" cores with TTS and a great dyno tune from Doc's Performance and am extremely pleased with both sound and performance. There is enough sound there when I want it to be but it doesn't wear me out on the longer runs. I ran the 1.75" cores on my '07 SEUC, they sounded okay but my current set-up is much better. I'm not a fan of extra loud but I do enjoy the sound and performance of a properly tuned engine.

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 12:14:16 AM »

I have the D X pipes with 2.25 SD cores....sound great but not over powering when on the highway ...great for long distance

Has to be some sort of torque loss going to a 2.5 from a 2.0 to a 2.25 you get a little loss....opening the cores to a 2.5 has to have a loss going that big a core....2.5 would be great if you had a heavily modified engine.
but some people will take the torque drop for a better sound.
I don't know how much torque loss we're talking. I was just messing around in front of the house and pulled the front tire about 6" off the ground. Sounded damn good too ;D
Jake

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »

even Steve from fullsac will tell you...best performer would be the 2.0......a little loss of torque for the 2.25 and if you get to the 2.50.....even Steve will tell you it doesn't perform as good ...he wont even make a map for the 2.5 it goes against every thing he says for performance.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:36:13 PM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

even Steve from fullsac will tell you...best performer would be the 2.0......a little loss of torque for the 2.25 and if you get to the 2.50.....even Steve will tell you it doesn't perform as good ...he wont even make a map for the 2.5 it goes against every thing he says for performance.

well everything you say may be correct roadrage.  but what i'm telling you is the loss of torque sure as hell isn't noticed by me.
Jake

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 11:25:10 PM »

Jim (hd dude) from Metal Dragon had dynographs comparing the 1.75, 2.0, and 2.25 cores.  The 2.0s were the best overall performers, by a very small margin.  I really doubt most riders would be able to tell the difference in the real world.  The 2.25s moved the torque curve a few hundred rpm to the right, and the 2.5s would do the same thing, just a little more.

I guess my original question wasn't supposed to be about performance, but about the sound and volume. 

Does anyone have comments about the sound and volume compared to other brands? 

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 12:34:38 AM »

Jim (hd dude) from Metal Dragon had dynographs comparing the 1.75, 2.0, and 2.25 cores.  The 2.0s were the best overall performers, by a very small margin.  I really doubt most riders would be able to tell the difference in the real world.  The 2.25s moved the torque curve a few hundred rpm to the right, and the 2.5s would do the same thing, just a little more.

I guess my original question wasn't supposed to be about performance, but about the sound and volume. 

Does anyone have comments about the sound and volume compared to other brands? 

Coming from a Fullsac X Pipe & 2.25 CVO cores and upgrading to the 2.50" power cores is music to my ears!

I will keep the 2.25" for touring, but the 2.50" will be staying on my bike any other time. (and probably even when touring)

TO ME, it's the prefect sound. Sounds like a real Harley, the rumble can be heard from all around and is deep. Highway cruising is mellow to me but gets deeper when twisting the right wrist. My wife did mention that the last couple of times she rode with me that her ears did ring a bit. However she had a 1/2 helmet on.

As far as performance, with my Fullsac Sleeper Stage II kit. I don't feel any loss power or torque!

I can tell you this for sure, it sounds faster. But what matters the most is I LIKE it.

:P

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.