Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: CVO's hard to sell  (Read 50361 times)

King2013

Re: CVO's hard to sell
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 11:21:54 PM »

are they not supposed to honor the sticker price

You would think they would've.
If they had marked the price up like and when they were supposed to I wouldn't have brought it up to the counter.
He was actually an arrogant guy, he was going to try and charge me for the book too.
I've never been charged for the book, ever.
I bought a bike from these people last year, attitudes have changed there so I won't be going back to that dealer again. I guess they're a bit upset they got so many 2014 leftovers on the floor. Maybe next time they'll try to make a deal instead of standing on msrp + perp and additional bs freight chsrges for the 2014 twin cooled flops.
Dealers around here have tons of 14 leftovers. 1 has over 14 limiteds in stock. Another one that didn't want to deal. Hahaha

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »

I have seen many 12 CVO Roadglides selling (not asking price) for high mid 20's. I paid around $32K. I challenge anyone to find any other vehicle in the low 30K range to be worth that kind of money almost 3 years later.. A 32K car would be worth 15K now. I know in the past you could get almost every dime back but I respectfully will say that the resale on these bikes is still the envy of every other manufactoror out there. A co worker of mine bought a 2012 BMW that was very close in price to mine when I bought it (I looked at the BMW and tried really hard to like it..) for 19K with 11000 miles on it a couple of weeks ago and he has since found another with less miles for less money..
Alan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23:56 AM »

I have seen many 12 CVO Roadglides selling (not asking price) for high mid 20's. I paid around $32K. I challenge anyone to find any other vehicle in the low 30K range to be worth that kind of money almost 3 years later.. A 32K car would be worth 15K now. I know in the past you could get almost every dime back but I respectfully will say that the resale on these bikes is still the envy of every other manufactoror out there. A co worker of mine bought a 2012 BMW that was very close in price to mine when I bought it (I looked at the BMW and tried really hard to like it..) for 19K with 11000 miles on it a couple of weeks ago and he has since found another with less miles for less money..
Man i wish i could like that bmw!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:59 AM »

Man i wish i could like that bmw!
Me too.. I rode with a guy today that just bought the new GTL Exclusive (had 300 miles on it). We went pretty hard through some real tight stuff that I followed him through and it was amazing how much clearance he had while I was grinding my boards like mad. While I was following him I thought it was nice that he didn't have to work as hard as I was working but when we stopped at a light he "revved" his bike and any positive thoughts I was having quickly went away.. After we stopped for a drink I really checked out his bike and though I know it is faster/better handling, its ugly and boring..
Alan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

its ugly and boring..

And there sir is the deal breaker!

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »

I agree that trying to get all your money back like in the old days is never going to happen and anyone who buys one and tries to sell above MSRP because they think the CVO's are hard to find has lost their mind.

I'm still surprised though that my 2013 CVO RG with D&D with ghost, powervision tuner, passenger backrest, and all the stuff that came with it still in the factory package has not sold.  Bike had an MSRP of $32999 and I'd like to get 28K out of it.  Am I crazy?

I have my 2013 SE Ultra Classic for sale for $29,999. My bike was about 4K more than yours msrp. I have aftermarket exhaust, SERT, Dyno'd, led lights, extra chrome, 2 windshields and still no sale. Part of the issue with re-selling cvo's is they take their biggest depreciation amount the 1st year. Then it gradually becomes less. Also, people who have the money to buy a CVO will buy the newest year model if the prices are within 6-8K of each other. It would have to take a drastic reduction in the price to entice someone who has not been typically a CVO owner but is looking to move up into that category.

IMO the best time to sell our new bikes is in the 3-5 year range as they are still new enough to sell quickly and yet we've gotten enough out of them to move them quickly and at a price that is still close to what they have depreciated after just 1 year
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »

Also a major factor is a guy can walk in the Stealer w/$500 in his pocket and ride out..........the payment regret will not sink in til 8 or so months later. Same guy talks to you and he needs 30k in is pocket  :nervous:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »

Also a major factor is a guy can walk in the Stealer w/$500 in his pocket and ride out..........the payment regret will not sink in til 8 or so months later. Same guy talks to you and he needs 30k in is pocket  :nervous:

Everyone wants to make the sale. Just like Obumbles and Obumblecare. What happens after they get you to sign is not their problem. Too much of that in this world nowadays. Too much hype and not enough substance
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »

So true!!
Alan

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »

Everyone wants to make the sale. Just like Obumbles and Obumblecare. What happens after they get you to sign is not their problem. Too much of that in this world nowadays. Too much hype and not enough substance

I'll second that!
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »

I cant believe how hard it is to sell my CVO.  I bought it with the mis conception that the CVO's retain their value better than the standard version and that they usually go pretty quick on the used market.  Not so I guess.  Had mine for sale several times in the last few months and only some Canadian deadbeats had any interest.  Basically stock bike + exhaust and I was asking less than KBB or NADA

One issue in selling a used CVO is related to those that can afford a CVO would probably rather have a new one!
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »

One issue in selling a used CVO is related to those that can afford a CVO would probably rather have a new one!

That makes sense but I also know there are certain years/models/colors that ppl have always wanted it's just a matter of finding that guy and making the deal.

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:01 PM »

Mine just sold...
stock for now

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »

Haven't seen any late model (2011-14) cvo bikes at any dealer for months. Did see a 2014 new cvo roadking on the showroom floor for $4k off msrp just yesterday.
I've always gotten better trade in on a cvo than a regular Harley compared to the original msrp. Never have gotten anything for any mods I've done on any bike.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.