Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Zippers 117" Kit w/ThunderMax & Diamond Cut  (Read 10473 times)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Zippers 117" Kit w/ThunderMax & Diamond Cut
« on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:17 AM »

Yesterday was my first ride on the new Zippers 117" muscle kit with the ThunderMax ECM.  I rode about 150 miles total, and of course kept the rpm's low; however, I could tell that this thing has WAY more punch than the worked 103 that it was before.  Torque is awesome right from the get-go with the Redshift 647 cams.  This motor is smoooooth running, and the Rineharts no longer have the decel "pop" that they had before...never popped even one time...never could get that out with the SE Racetuner.

Only one problem...the turn signals now will not self-cancel...must have something to do with the new ECM...I'll see if I can work through that in the next week or so.

I have an appointment in about 10 days to get it dynoed...I'll report back with the results.  Until then, I'm gonna be logging some smiley miles ;D down here in warm ol' Florida.  It's been down two months, with diamond cutting, and case boring and on and on...now I just want to ride for awhile.  Below is a photo of the diamond cutting on a silver motor.  Even with the camera set to the highest resolution, the photos don't properly capture the jeweled effect.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:50:53 AM by SCRM-R »
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Zippers 117" Kit w/ThunderMax & Diamond Cut
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »

Congrats on the new motor......let us know how it works out for ya!!!!!!!!!

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »

Love that look!!!
Nice work SCRM...117 Wow...

Put a pic of the whole bike in thread for us.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »

Yesterday was my first ride on the new Zippers 117" muscle kit with the ThunderMax ECM.  I rode about 150 miles total, and of course kept the rpm's low; however, I could tell that this thing has WAY more punch than the worked 103 that it was before.  Torque is awesome right from the get-go with the Redshift 647 cams.  This motor is smoooooth running, and the Rineharts no longer have the decel "pop" that they had before...never popped even one time...never could get that out with the SE Racetuner.

Only one problem...the turn signals now will not self-cancel...must have something to do with the new ECM...I'll see if I can work through that in the next week or so.

I have an appointment in about 10 days to get it dynoed...I'll report back with the results.  Until then, I'm gonna be logging some smiley miles ;D down here in warm ol' Florida.  It's been down two months, with diamond cutting, and case boring and on and on...now I just want to ride for awhile.  Below is a photo of the diamond cutting on a silver motor.  Even with the camera set to the highest resolution, the photos don't properly capture the jeweled effect.

Real nice looking motor. Good luck with it. Who built it? What are you expecting out of it? Enjoy (how could you not!) ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »

Check the speedometer calibration setting in the ThunderMax.  A 2003 bike *should* be 20480, but with the extended build time of 2003 models, a fair amount left the factory with 2002-model ECM's, requiring the 2002 speedo calibration setting of 4352.  One way to tell is to look at the stock ECM, back side.  The HD part number should end in -03 if it is using 2003 electronics, -02 if using 2002 (regardless of the bike year).  It's in the SmartLink manual to check that on 2003 models, but many people miss it.  We always set speedo cal to 20480 when programming modules for 2003 bikes, but it's not always right for the reasons stated above.

Another factor that can affect TS canceling is non-stock TS lights with different current draws.  

Glad you got it together, enjoy!  Thanks for using our products.  JK

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »

SCRM-R,
  Looks real good!  I know you will be pleased with Zipper's.  They build good chit!  If you think you're impressed now, wait 'till they tune it.  I'll be curious to see your dyno-sheet.  I'm of the opinion the Zipper's Motor is Superior to the Jim's 120.  So far, anyway.  Ain't no Jim's Motors passed Ol' Maudie!  ;) Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »

Real nice looking motor. Good luck with it. Who built it? What are you expecting out of it? Enjoy (how could you not!) ;) Hoist!  8-)
The motor was built at Gainesville H-D, Gainesville, FL.  They have a mechanic there that has done work for me before and is top-notch.  The case boring and timken bearing conversion was performed at Zippers.  Rode it another 150 miles today.  Still riding it easy, but bumped 4k rpms a couple of times just giving it about half throttle.  OH MY!!!  This thing is strooooong.  Gotta check the fuel gauge too...still showing about half-tank.  It may be getting better mileage than before (I hope), but I know that I ain't gonna get 300 miles on a tank of gas!  I like these gear drive cams...no cam noise at all.  So far, to say that I am pleased is an understatement.  What am I expecting to get out of it?  A lot more smile miles.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I'll know more after I get it dynoed...want to check the AFR.

Here is a pic of the whole bike prior to the diamond cutting...it's a 2003 SERK...I don't have my camera right now...loaned it out this afternoon.  I'll take another one later in the week.  Later...
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »

Check the speedometer calibration setting in the ThunderMax.  A 2003 bike *should* be 20480, but with the extended build time of 2003 models, a fair amount left the factory with 2002-model ECM's, requiring the 2002 speedo calibration setting of 4352.  One way to tell is to look at the stock ECM, back side.  The HD part number should end in -03 if it is using 2003 electronics, -02 if using 2002 (regardless of the bike year).  It's in the SmartLink manual to check that on 2003 models, but many people miss it.  We always set speedo cal to 20480 when programming modules for 2003 bikes, but it's not always right for the reasons stated above.

Another factor that can affect TS canceling is non-stock TS lights with different current draws.  

Glad you got it together, enjoy!  Thanks for using our products.  JK
JK, I'll check that.  I do have the Kuryakyn Panacea LED Taillight kit.  Could that be doing it?  Is there a remedy?  Another thing that I noticed is that the Security System is acting a little screwy.  It works, but I have to deactivate it twice before the motor will turn over when cranking.  The first time that you deactivate it with the key fob deactivates the security system, but it will not start...do it again and it starts...a little screwy that's all.  Just don't know what is causing it.  Any ideas?
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 05:50:10 PM »

The motor was built at Gainesville H-D, Gainesville, FL.  They have a mechanic there that has done work for me before and is top-notch.  The case boring and timken bearing conversion was performed at Zippers.  Rode it another 150 miles today.  Still riding it easy, but bumped 4k rpms a couple of times just giving it about half throttle.  OH MY!!!  This thing is strooooong.  Gotta check the fuel gauge too...still showing about half-tank.  It may be getting better mileage than before (I hope), but I know that I ain't gonna get 300 miles on a tank of gas!  I like these gear drive cams...no cam noise at all.  So far, to say that I am pleased is an understatement.  What am I expecting to get out of it?  A lot more smile miles.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I'll know more after I get it dynoed...want to check the AFR.

Here is a pic of the whole bike prior to the diamond cutting...it's a 2003 SERK...I don't have my camera right now...loaned it out this afternoon.  I'll take another one later in the week.  Later...

It's real nice to hear about great builds. You should have some good stories after that thing is broken in! Have fun man! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 06:17:23 PM »

Looks great.  Sounds like you think she runs great too.  That is the perfect 1-2 combination  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] .

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »

Congrats on the new motor! Sounds like you have made a good choice! I sent you a pm
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 08:18:59 AM »

Congrats on the new motor! Sounds like you have made a good choice! I sent you a pm
just-us-6, you have a return pm.  Good luck with whatever you decide!
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 08:52:31 AM »

Just-us-6, you have a PM
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »

Checked the gas mileage today...second tank run thru it and it got 38 mpg...I didn't check it on the first tank.  Almost the exact same as the 103 was getting, and it's a much bigger motor.  This one must be tuned better.  I'll know more about that in a week or so.  I'm happy with 38...I was afraid that it was going to be less...It's 75 and sunny here today...I've been ridin' off and on all day...now it's time for some rest and  [smiley=drink.gif]
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »

SCRM-R,
  Looks real good!  I know you will be pleased with Zipper's.  They build good chit!  If you think you're impressed now, wait 'till they tune it.  I'll be curious to see your dyno-sheet.  I'm of the opinion the Zipper's Motor is Superior to the Jim's 120.  So far, anyway.  Ain't no Jim's Motors passed Ol' Maudie!  ;) Later--HUBBARD  

No one can pass Maude sitting in storage!
How many miles last year?
"So far anyway" Yeah right ;D ;D ;D ;D
Put that Geritol in her and bring her down and we can play!

Heres a pic of one of the heads for the Frontier.

And Scrm-r  looking real good!
Let us know the dyno results

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:11:32 PM »

Had the speedometer calibration checked and got it dynoed today.  Calibration was incorrect...this was corrected, but no change...turn signals still won't self-cancel.
Dynoed at 125 hp and 122 tq. (max values).  Expected a little more, but oh well, it pulls hard and stays there throughout the rpm range.  I'll try to get the dyno sheet scanned and posted tomorrow.
AFR was high...14.1 to 14.5...they retuned it to 13.5.  Dyno sheet was printed without the AFR reading, but that is where it is.  Dyno graph tomorrow, if I get time to scan and post it.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:24:23 PM »

SCRM-R

Sounds good!
Bet it flies.
Let us know how it plays out!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »

Had the speedometer calibration checked and got it dynoed today.  Calibration was incorrect...this was corrected, but no change...turn signals still won't self-cancel.
Dynoed at 125 hp and 122 tq. (max values).  Expected a little more, but oh well, it pulls hard and stays there throughout the rpm range.  I'll try to get the dyno sheet scanned and posted tomorrow.
AFR was high...14.1 to 14.5...they retuned it to 13.5.  Dyno sheet was printed without the AFR reading, but that is where it is.  Dyno graph tomorrow, if I get time to scan and post it.

The important thing is that you're satisfied with how it feels beneath you of course.  And certainly a different dyno on a different day might give you some different reported numbers.  

Like you though I certainly was expecting you'd see more from the complete 117" build.  Basing it only against the just under 120/120 the red bike got with just cleaning up the 103" I can understand your hope to have seen a bit more.

Congrats on getting it all buttoned back up though.  Sorry to read of the little quirk with the signals too.  Hopefully Zippers will have some alternative ideas for a solution and will answer the question when you ask them.  Good luck.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »

SCRM-R

I would like to see that chart.

Hope to have one myself later this week!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »

Here is the dyno chart.  Incidentally, on the other motor that I had, the numbers from this dyno read lower across the board than two other dynos that I had it on.  Not that it makes any difference, I just know not to expect high numbers from their machine, which are only numbers anyway.  It runs really well, I just wish that the turn signals would work right.  Not enough for me to remove the ThunderMax though.  No decel popping...that's gotta be worth something...
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

chriscalabro

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 10:05:27 PM »

Can you tell me if your still running the Rinehart TD's with this build? Did you ever resolve the turn signal issue? I am getting this build done as we speak and have been debating staying with the TD's which I love.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »

Nice looking dyno sheet. I love the diamond cut on the motor. You wil be pleased. Zippers does some good work. MOST OF THE TIME!!!!! :orange:

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:43:33 AM »

Can you tell me if your still running the Rinehart TD's with this build? Did you ever resolve the turn signal issue? I am getting this build done as we speak and have been debating staying with the TD's which I love.
Yes, I'm still running the RH TD's, and no, the turn signal issue was never resolved.  They (Zippers) evidently do not have a resolution for this problem, and you sure as hell can't get any customer service from them.  Another issue that I had with this motor was pinging in warm/hot weather.  Took it to a ThunderMax tuner last summer and he was able to tune it out with some minor tweaking of the ThunderMax.  Others on this site with Zippers motors have had pinging and have not been able to get it tuned out.  It also uses oil...about 1/2 quart per 500 miles, which for me is excessive because I take long trips with this bike and have to pack oil for the trip.  I'll probably have it torn down next winter (if it lasts that long) to see what it will take to have that fixed.  Always something...
In hindsight, I wish that I had stayed with the 103 motor that I had built...it was trouble free.  I spent 5k to gain 10-12 hp/tq. and got a motor that pings and uses oil.  IMO, Zippers sucks...
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »

Yes, I'm still running the RH TD's, and no, the turn signal issue was never resolved.  They (Zippers) evidently do not have a resolution for this problem, and you sure as hell can't get any customer service from them.   Another issue that I had with this motor was pinging in warm/hot weather.  Took it to a ThunderMax tuner last summer and he was able to tune it out with some minor tweaking of the ThunderMax.  Others on this site with Zippers motors have had pinging and have not been able to get it tuned out.  It also uses oil...about 1/2 quart per 500 miles, which for me is excessive because I take long trips with this bike and have to pack oil for the trip.  I'll probably have it torn down next winter (if it lasts that long) to see what it will take to have that fixed.  Always something...
In hindsight, I wish that I had stayed with the 103 motor that I had built...it was trouble free.  I spent 5k to gain 10-12 hp/tq. and got a motor that pings and uses oil.  IMO, Zippers sucks...

They have had a lot of problems with customer service. A lot of people have known this for a couple of years now. They are friends of mine (or so I thought) and I can't get any customer service. You can call and leave all of the messages you want. I even sent E mails to try to get some resolve. It doesn't happen. And I promise they will not even try to defend themselfs on a public forum. They will pick and choose a fight and only if they can win. It is a shame because they do good work. The Thunder Max is years ahead of its time. But it still has a few bugs.

JK I was glad to see you got on here and posted a reply to the problem with the turn signals.

Good luck to everyone.

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »

They have had a lot of problems with customer service. A lot of people have known this for a couple of years now. They are friends of mine (or so I thought) and I can't get any customer service. You can call and leave all of the messages you want. I even sent E mails to try to get some resolve. It doesn't happen. And I promise they will not even try to defend themselfs on a public forum. They will pick and choose a fight and only if they can win. It is a shame because they do good work. The Thunder Max is years ahead of its time. But it still has a few bugs.

JK I was glad to see you got on here and posted a reply to the problem with the turn signals.

Good luck to everyone.

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
Well, service after the sale is key with me...always has been.  There are too many options out there today from vendors with great service.  Zippers won't get any more of my money, and that's a fact.  Sad thing is, I don't think that Zippers Gives a Chit either.

Good luck with your build Chris...maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.  Because if it don't work right, I'll bet that you won't get them to respond to your problems.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:11:06 AM by SCRM-R »
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »

Well, service after the sale is key with me...always has been.  There are too many options out there today from vendors with great service.  Zippers won't get any more of my money, and that's a fact.  Sad thing is, I don't think that Zippers Gives a Chit either.

Good luck with your build Chris...maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.  Because if it don't work right, I'll bet that you won't get them to respond to your problems.

Your comments on T-Max ECM & service issues are what I hear from other sources as well.  Darn good numbers.  Are you planning to stay with the T-Max ECM?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »

IMO, Zippers sucks...

Sorry to read this SCRM.  My experiences were similar.  Unzipped my motor this past winter to be done with all the many problems with their poor machine work and the nonexistent consumer relations and support.

They finally made the big catalogs some time ago.  They are all but guaranteed sales.  They don't need to screw with us poor little whining individual buyers anymore.  So they just don't give a chit; and they act like it.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »

SCRM-R

That is one outstanding motor if you can work out the bugs. Should have all the parts for my 117 at the shop by the 25th. After looking your package over, I can't wait to see how mine comes out.  Good luck with her.

JW
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:11:46 PM by Black Diamond 110 »

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »

Your comments on T-Max ECM & service issues are what I hear from other sources as well.  Darn good numbers.  Are you planning to stay with the T-Max ECM?
Yeah, I intend to stay with the T-Max for now, primarily because I don't have any confidence that anyone near me can give me a really good tune with the SERT.  I will say this for the T-Max...running it is the only method that I have seen where I don't get decel popping with the Rineharts...and that is one good thing about it.  I've just learned to manually cancel the turn signals...no real biggie there, just an aggravation, that's all.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »

SCRM-R

That is one outstanding motor if you can work out the bugs. Should have all the parts for my 117 at the shop by the 25th. After looking your package over, I can't wait to see how mine comes out.  Good luck with her.

JW
Thanks, it is fun to ride.  I'll get the bugs worked out of it.  One of our site members has a shop not far away from me and I'm considering taking to him in a few months for a little tweaking.  We'll see...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:17:01 PM by SCRM-R »
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »

Yeah, I intend to stay with the T-Max for now, primarily because I don't have any confidence that anyone near me can give me a really good tune with the SERT.  I will say this for the T-Max...running it is the only method that I have seen where I don't get decel popping with the Rineharts...and that is one good thing about it.  I've just learned to manually cancel the turn signals...no real biggie there, just an aggravation, that's all.

I had decel popping with the Rineharts on my RK until the second tune tweak.  Fixed decel pop on the SEULTRA with the first tweak - CCHD for both plus a SERT & my Stage 1 install.  Not apples to apples since RK is a TC 88 & the SEULTRA is a 110 & you have a 117. It is a problem for lots of Rineharts - first tune rarely gets it right.

On the turn signals - sometimes they have to be manually canceled on both my bikes, depending on lean angle I suppose.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

Although I don't have a motor from Zipper's, I did order a T-Max with Autotune last February. The guy that I talked to was very helpful, sent me what I ordered & on time. The T-Max has worked great for me. I didn't have good results with the
PC111. (on previous bikes). So far, so good. I got it tweeked in Daytona during Biketoberfest & they were helpfull there as well.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

MUFFMAN they can be outstanding with customer service sometimes. Not all of the time and that is why a lot of people won't use them anymore. If you catch them at a rally they will be more than happy to help you get the bugs out.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »

MUFFMAN they can be outstanding with customer service sometimes. Not all of the time and that is why a lot of people won't use them anymore. If you catch them at a rally they will be more than happy to help you get the bugs out.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Exactly.  When people are watching.  When they can get away otherwise, however, it is all too often a different story.  What's the old quote?  Something like "The truest measure of a man is what he does when he thinks no one is looking."  Elliot Spitzer should have remembered that one (too).

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »

anybody can talk a good line or sell a good product,  but when there is a problem after the fact is where reputations are made
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.4 seconds with 20 queries.