Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Getting close to July, any ideas on whats going to be the 08 CVO???  (Read 15572 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: Getting close to July, any ideas on whats going to be the 08 CVO???
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 07:09:26 AM »

Talking with the Factory folks at the demo rides and a few dealers , the consensus is that the Street Glide is inevitable.  Undoubtedly there will be at least 1 touring bike , probably 2.

I agree the Road Glide is due for an update.  It would be fun to see the dyna be a Street Bob this time around , they could have some real fun with "Badditude"  and that 110.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 07:14:48 AM »

Alright, I can't stand it...here's the deal on the 2008 CVO's. 

I'm going way out on a limb on this one.

Here goes:

My prediction is:

There will be CVOs for 2008!!!! :o :D ;D :huepfenlol2:

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 07:17:40 AM »

I don't think the Street Glide will be a CVO.

Why? The Street Glide is a stripped down Hot Rod. A CVO is an overloaded Hot Rod. I don't think the CVO premise fits with with the intent of the Street Glide. Like was mentioned above, it would become a SEEG.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »

If you consider the SERK a touring bike, then adding the SERG for 08 and the second year of production on the SERK would be two touring bikes in the lineup.  The Ultra is not going to happen another year.  I don't think it'll be an SE bike, but I do think they will be coming out with some kind of bagger/fairing bike built on the Vrod platform.  Maybe a Sport Touring Bike :nixweiss:  There is just way too much power, easy EPA compliance, no heat issues, fat rear tire....a bagger Vrod is going to happen, and I think it'll be a great bike!  It'll be a 1550 though....125hp out of the box.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 02:17:23 PM »

If you consider the SERK a touring bike, then adding the SERG for 08 and the second year of production on the SERK would be two touring bikes in the lineup.  The Ultra is not going to happen another year.  I don't think it'll be an SE bike, but I do think they will be coming out with some kind of bagger/fairing bike built on the Vrod platform.  Maybe a Sport Touring Bike :nixweiss:  There is just way too much power, easy EPA compliance, no heat issues, fat rear tire....a bagger Vrod is going to happen, and I think it'll be a great bike!  It'll be a 1550 though....125hp out of the box.
Terry,
I think you're right on the VRod Bagger...I did hear some rumbling a year or two ago that Harley was testing an Ultra-type setup with an 1800cc water-cooled VRod-like engine...that would be one smokin bagger. ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »

My Vote is for the "RoadGlide"....... I also have heard that this is the last year for the "Duece"
          :drink: :Dave

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »

Terry,
I think you're right on the VRod Bagger...I did hear some rumbling a year or two ago that Harley was testing an Ultra-type setup with an 1800cc water-cooled VRod-like engine...that would be one smokin bagger. ;)

I was down @ Pompano (I think it was there) about a year ago and saw one of these. The dealership had done it for a customer. They said it was alot of work to get the harness cut and spliced to add lenth. It had the full fairing and saddle bags on the V-Rod. It was back on the floor because the customer didn't like it. The complaint was on how it handled at speed.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

I was down @ Pompano (I think it was there) about a year ago and saw one of these. The dealership had done it for a customer. They said it was alot of work to get the harness cut and spliced to add lenth. It had the full fairing and saddle bags on the V-Rod. It was back on the floor because the customer didn't like it. The complaint was on how it handled at speed.
I can understand that, but I think the MoCo's going to have to expand the water-cooled engine beyond the VRod line.  Unfortunately, that's the future of the company.  I also saw a rumored water-cooled Sportster in one of the M/C rags (I think it was Cycle World) about 3 months ago.  I wouldn't be surprise that in the next 5-10 years the MoCo will have as many water-cooled models as they do air-cooled now.  JMO.

2012 FLHXSE3

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »

Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide Road Glide  I only hope! :orange: :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 06:25:10 AM »

In regards to the SG being a "stripped down hot rod"  I'd agree with the stripped down .. but hot rod .. please  the stock 88 and 96 motors are at best anemic.

Look at the many renditions of the RK, it would classify as pretty stripped down as a bagger , and it is a street glide with out the fairing and radio. 

With a 110 , cruise control , 18" chrome wheels, braided lines , color matched inner fairing , spun aluminum gauges, chromed fork kit, and fancy paint it would still retain it's general apperance and like the RK be a nicer ride .
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

MikeD

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 10:47:20 AM »

That would be different with the water cooled.  Didn't corbin or some other company build a road glide v rod? I remember seeing a picture in an American Iron a couple of years ago.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »

This is the link to Cycle Visions who makes the Vrod touring bike. You can buy parts or the whole kit to convert.
http://www.cyclevisions.com/roadrod.html

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 11:31:43 AM »

This is the link to Cycle Visions who makes the Vrod touring bike. You can buy parts or the whole kit to convert.
http://www.cyclevisions.com/roadrod.html

Some interesting treatments on this "customer bike page" too.  http://www.cyclevisions.com/customer-rods2.html

How about a SE Rod Bagger?

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 12:45:57 PM »

Definitely baggers in 2008. CVO baggers disappear from most showrooms within a day. Waiting lists of 6 months or more are never uncommon for bagger CVO's unlike other models. Some dealers still have 2005 CVO Fatboys collecting dust and waiting for the right guy to come through the door. Baggers in general (including non-CVO) are the fastest selling models for many dealers. Showrooms are chucked full for Sporties, Dynas and Softtails. Baggers sell and that's rapidly becoming the MOCO's niche market in a very competitive industry. I to wouldn't be surprised to see two CVO bagger models in 2008. With a batwing fairing model and a Roadglide, they'd have all bases covered and sell the chi.....t out of them. The Roadglide is a fine ride but has mixed appeal and therefore I'd be surprised to see the MOCO put all of it's eggs in that basket alone.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

MikeD

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 08:31:43 AM »

I dont know, the road glide has a core crowd.  Owners are faithful to the road glides and won't shut up about them.  I always thought they were kind of goofy lookin until I road my dad's from Orlando to Atlanta.  It was kick@!  Definitely a great riding bike.  I'm too young for those right now, I heard you have to have an AARP card to even get a big tourer!  Do the SE Road Glides would sell just as fast as the SEEG and ultras.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.