Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Self Inflicted Wounds  (Read 24269 times)

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Self Inflicted Wounds
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »

Lost mental capability once for a second, and laid my boke down. Got my adrenilin pumping, so rushed to get it stood back up. I strained every muscle in my body getting it back up....and was helpless as it fell over the other way.  :o

X2 but at a stop light surrounded by cars.  F#%@!
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »

Had my mine for 4 days.  I put the bike in neutral while cleaning the bike and started to walk away when out of the corner of my eye I caught the bike moving and it was falling!  I leaped into action and caught the bike but it took me down.  The case was scratched a little.  That jiffy stand is a piece of crap.  You really have to set the stand right if in neutral. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »

Had my mine for 4 days.  I put the bike in neutral while cleaning the bike and started to walk away when out of the corner of my eye I caught the bike moving and it was falling!  I leaped into action and caught the bike but it took me down.  The case was scratched a little.  That jiffy stand is a piece of crap.  You really have to set the stand right if in neutral. 

Just make sure you have it down and as far forward as possible before leaning the bike over on it...then it's locked into place.

I dropped mine once by stepping on a Sweetgum ball when parking...embarassing, but no harm done.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »

ok try this one!
This was only 10days ago.
Tried to light a BBQ in a half oil barrel Grill (Ghetto Grill) using the usual fire lighting corns, dryish old wood should have worked ok, but after 15mins nope no fire!  I was home alone and the ex-wife was coming around soon!
Had this brain wave of half litre of old petrol bottle in the garage. Poured a little petrol on a piece of wood and tossed it into the smoke free barrel from about 2yards away, whooof the barrel burst into flames immediately, so did the vapour trail, the flame zoomed back into the petrol bottle in my left hand. My hand was on fire, I dropped the petrol bottle which ran down towards my garage door, I ran after it and kicked it in another direction, but only as far as the plastic box the lawn mower sits in. My hand was still on fire, I rubbed my hand on my T-shirt only for the T-shirt to also catch fire: FCUK I dont believe this I thought. I quickly pulled off my T-shirt, Kicked the petrol bottle away from the plastic box housing the mower back up the slope towards my neighbours hedge, luckily it stopped about a yard away, I used the T-shirt to put out the fire on my hand and  then the burning plastic box. the rest of the flames died out.  I ran into the house and took the rest of my clothes off and sat under a cold shower, my left body side was stinging as well as my hand. An hour later I got out of the shower and dried off, the body survived but had 2nd degree burns on my hand both sides of the thumb. I kept my hand in cold water for the next 3 or 4 hours. Then put some burn cream on my hand and bandaged it up! The following evening after work, i went to Hospital, they cut off most of the blistered skin, gave me a prescription for some burns cream and a load of dressings,   you dont want to see any pictures of my hand 1week on, do you?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:11:50 PM by ice6900 »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »

ice..I was going to say I have the ultimate winner here..BUT after reading your post...I humbly bow my head to you. I'm now going for second place, with how I got my black eye.

I was sitting at the breakfast table with my ex wife before she was my ex wife. I had a freudian slip. You know, where you think one thing but say another. I meant to say pass the cornflakes, but I accidently said you've ruined my life you self centered b$*tch.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »

Freudian Slip   so thats what that is called  Is there a cure for that It happens to me quite often  Most people
 just think im a  Dick when i blurt out whats on my mind  Im workin on my control
      as i get older i just dont say much at all  at least i know theres a word for it :nixweiss:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:04 PM »

ok try this one!
Tried to light a BBQ in a half oil barrel Grill (Ghetto Grill) using the usual fire lighting corns, dryish old wood should have worked ok, but after 15mins nope no fire!  I was home alone and the ex-wife was coming around soon!
Had this brain wave of half litre of old petrol bottle in the garage. Poured a little petrol on a piece of wood and tossed it into the smoke free barrel from about 2yards away, whooof the barrel burst into flames immediately, so did the vapour trail, the flame zoomed back into the petrol bottle in my left hand. My hand was on fire, I dropped the petrol bottle which ran down towards my garage door, I ran after it and kicked it in another direction, but only as far as the plastic box the lawn mower sits in. My hand was still on fire, I rubbed my hand on my T-shirt only for the T-shirt to also catch fire: FCUK I dont believe this I thought. I quickly pulled off my T-shirt, Kicked the petrol bottle away from the plastic box housing the mower back up the slope towards my neighbours hedge, luckily it stopped about a yard away, I used the T-shirt to put out the fire on my hand and  then the burning plastic box. the rest of the flames died out.  I ran into the house and took the rest of my clothes off and sat under a cold shower, my left body side was stinging as well as my hand. An hour later I got out of the shower and dried off, the body survived but had 2nd degree burns on my hand both sides of the thumb. I kept my hand in cold water for the next 3 or 4 hours. Then put some burn cream on my hand and bandaged it up! The following evening after work, i went to Hospital, they cut off most of the blistered skin, gave me a prescription for some burns cream and a load of dressings,   you dont want to see any pictures of my hand 1week on, do you?

Glad to hear your bike was unhurt!

Being a pyromaniac myself I can relate to this story. You're lucky it wasn't much worse!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »

Nigel, thank God you did that!  That means you'll NEVER do it again. How was the bike?

I'm sure you're in a tremendous amount of pain and I feel terrible about that. I hope you get better real soon and that someone at least thought to cook the meat when the coals were ready. It would be a tragedy to go through all that and not get what you were aiming for.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

Thanks Guys for appreciating my stupidity, after the initial stinging pains which were cooled by the cold shower and cold water, I have been in no pain at all from the hand wound, which 12 days later all the dressings are off and the new skin has formed.

Yes my burns could have been a lot worse, the whole house could have burnt down as well as the neighbours hedge.  öoö

Hows my bike? If your refering to my bent front brake lever on the first page of this thread, I think its just the lever that was damaged when I dropped the bike, I should have known better than to use the bike while my hand was bandaged up anyway. To be honest <I am so pissed off with my self at the moment I havent done a close inspection, but at first glance the rest looked ok.

My list of bad luck goes on and on and on at the moment, i am going through the worst 2months ever in my life, boy I hope my luck changes soon.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:26:49 PM by ice6900 »

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »

Ice I have to say that my few scratched are not worth getting upset about after reading your story. I have done similar getting fires started but last time just lost the hair on my arm and eyebrows.

As to saying saying chit and getting burned Ill just say that if I had my mouth sewed shut and my balls cut off I'd never get any any trouble again. Your luck is bound to change. :2vrolijk_21:

pedesultra

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »

Replaced the fairing speakers on my 08 SEUC. Dropped a screw in the grass. couldnt find it. So off I go to my local Hardware store. Bought a couple of different lengths. Matched up the new screw to the old, No problem. Put new screws in.....what too long? I picked up the wrong 2 screws when I went to insert them in the inner lower speaker holes and  the screw tips almost came out the front side of the inner fairing. What a Dumb A$$ i say as I'm getting prepared to see how much $ it is for an inner fairing.

Anyone know a painter that can get the HD Copper Canyon color?

Huey101

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 04:25:39 PM »

Let me preface by saying that I am an experienced rider which translates to mean I have screwed up a lot and can relate to several of these incidents. Without boring you with the details, I dropped my 2011.5 with 12 miles on the odometer. I was sitting on the bike when it happened and as it started to go down my immediate reaction was to hold on to stop/break the fall. As a result of trying to snatch a 950 lb dead weight, I shredded my left tricep muscle. Rode the bike home and covered it up with 15 miles on the odometer and walked away. Now have a 6 inch scar on left upper arm and elbow. I have been riding but do not have all my strength in my left arm as of yet. Rehab estimated at 6-8 months.

The really good news....not a scratch on the bike!!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »

ok try this one!

This  sounds like the story of the two rednecks going ice fishing with dynamite,
one throws the lit stick only to find one of the dogs goes after to retrieve it.
Now that would get you running

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »

Let me preface by saying that I am an experienced rider which translates to mean I have screwed up a lot and can relate to several of these incidents. Without boring you with the details, I dropped my 2011.5 with 12 miles on the odometer. I was sitting on the bike when it happened and as it started to go down my immediate reaction was to hold on to stop/break the fall. As a result of trying to snatch a 950 lb dead weight, I shredded my left tricep muscle. Rode the bike home and covered it up with 15 miles on the odometer and walked away. Now have a 6 inch scar on left upper arm and elbow. I have been riding but do not have all my strength in my left arm as of yet. Rehab estimated at 6-8 months.

The really good news....not a scratch on the bike!!
So how much do you want for the bike? :)

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

Huey101

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 05:55:05 PM »

So how much do you want for the bike? :)

I was able to ride (without Dr's ok) about 8 weeks after surgery (late July) Still lacking upper arm strength which affects my ability to handle slow speed maneuvers. Gas station stops are fun! Will be able to start a weight program to strengthen in mid October. All that being said, I did do the Sturgis run and now have 3,800 handicapped ridden miles on it!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 25 queries.