Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Self Inflicted Wounds  (Read 24289 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Self Inflicted Wounds
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

I made a stand that securely holds the tourpak when off the bike. I even bring it camping so I have someplace for the pak that is safe.

Doesn't do any good when you set the pak onto the stand and then push it into a wheel chock the you unbolted to get it out of the way.
Tourpak bottom $850
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:19:13 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »

Probably my most stomach churning moment was when I did the trans. Didn't know how tight some of the gears could be when pressed on.
while removing the main gear either the threads in the case that had to tool bolted down failed or the the bearing land just gave out. Either way the sound was not pleasant the picture was worse.
The bright clean part in this picture is where the trans case is missing some pieces.
Trans case $400 and weeks of waiting.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »

No picture of it, but a few weeks after I installed the tourpak spoiler I put the tourpak up on the shelf and pushed it into teh spot where I normally keep. Although with the new added height of the spoiler the screw that was in the wall had a new purpose.
Spoiler $200

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »

As bad as all these were, they pale in comparison to the look on Spyders face when all those bikes started up in front of him and started revving the crap out of the engines - on a dirt parking lot :o

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »

As bad as all these were, they pale in comparison to the look on Spyders face when all those bikes started up in front of him and started revving the crap out of the engines - on a dirt parking lot :o
Yeah, that's one pic that you shoulda got for sure.  I still cringe whenever I think of it.  You'd think that CVO riders would be more aware and leave that kinda stuff to a buncha drunks at a campfire party.  :o I learned my lesson that day.  ;) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2011, 08:16:25 AM »

Wow! Your stories have us all beat! Looks like there is never a dull moment in your life. My life sure seams boring, & that's OK!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:29 AM »

First trip out with the new toy hauler. Late pulling in. While getting set up my dog starts barking, my wife starts screaming I jumped and I dropped the ladder that accesses the roof -  on the front fender.

I ordered a new custom fender, plans are to repaint it slightly different.

So, I'm getting ready to finally paint the new fender. Pulled the old fender off to pre-fit the new, lowered, no rivets, Klokwerks fender - and it doesn't fit.

Turns out my dealer got me the soft tail version.

Grrrrrrrrrghrrrrrr

iPhone using Tapatalk

MV 2013

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »

Wow! Your stories have us all beat! Looks like there is never a dull moment in your life. My life sure seams boring, & that's OK!

JINX   :nixweiss:  You just asked for it  GOOD LUCK  :huepfenlol2:

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »

I'm at Hollister Rally probably 2004 amd backing into parking spot and thought I left in gear but no, put kick stand down and bike rolled back into chain link fence scratching the bottom of the rear fender.Then go to Jan 05 and like a couple others I layed the bike while parking, no damage yet, but like in Pulp Fiction where Marcellus tells Butch that's pride mucking with you. I tried to pick up the 03 Fatboy, get halfway up when I hear what sound like a pencil snap and feels like a gunshot and we both go down,that's when a little personality was added to the pipes and mirror.Took 6 months to heal, then found out later it was compression fractures of the L4 vertabre. Never again do I let pride do that to me. :-\
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »

I has been a while since I visited this thread and the new stories are great. :huepfenlol2: I would like to tell you that I PREVENTED another story. I walked into the garage while the wife was hanging her lighted christmas deer on a wall hanger over the CVO. The wall hanger was hanging down proving that it never was in a stud. i calmly asked her to move the deer and so we are one story less.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »

I had plans on using the pressure washer today.. then I remembered my own post in this thread...  :soapbox:

I'll do it tomorrow once I fing my steel toe boots.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

DoubledUp

• CVO1: 2008 Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »

Didnt have the jiffy stand all the way forward when I parked my '04 Softail in the garage after work one day. My buddy was keeping his Softail in my garage for a few days while on vacation. It stayed up long enough for me to walk over to the door. As I reached for the door knob I heard the huge crash behind me. I just stood there with my head down in total disbelief without even turning around to look at it until my wife opened the door to see what all the noise was about. My clutch lever scraped down the entire forward right side of his tank into the bare metal. His rear brake pedal then punctured the left side of my tank right through the emblem....gas was running out from the puncture all over the place. Had to pay for his new tank paint, and my tank repair and paint. On a high note....got some one off emblems painted on though. I drew them myself and had the body shop destroy the stencils after the job.  ;D
2004 Softail, lowered, chromed, 16" Carlini Gangster Apes, Pythons and custom painted tank logos.
2008 CVO Springer, Black V&H Short Shots, tuner.
2012 Street Glide, work in progress.....

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2012, 08:02:30 AM »

I did that at a gas station once.  The bike fell into the pump.  I don't know how, but I managed to get it up by myself.  Only the windshield hit the pump which added some very minor scratches to it.  I was considering replacing it anyhow so that decision may be expedited.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2012, 08:14:29 AM »

I did that at a gas station once.  The bike fell into the pump.  I don't know how, but I managed to get it up by myself.  Only the windshield hit the pump which added some very minor scratches to it.  I was considering replacing it anyhow so that decision may be expedited.
No back/muscle injuries?  :-\ Hernia?  :nervous: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

Many years ago, I had just backed my restored 68 Camaro ragtop out of my garage.  The driveway has about a 6 degree incline.  The two speed slip and slide popped out of gear and started to roll backwards.  I quickly put a log behind the fron tire (68 didn't have locking steering) which caused the wheel to steer towards my pickup truck on the street.  I jumped in between the two vehicles now parallel and was pinned.  I prevented the two from actually contacting, my jeans were torn and the truck required a quarter panel and the Camaro a door.  I was on crutches for weeks.  Interesting time reporting the accident to the insurance company because neith vehicle was running or even occupied.  There was no one to find at fault or surcharge. 
I learned it's only sheetmetal.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.