Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Winter Storage  (Read 7996 times)

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
Re: Winter Storage
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »

Just wondering... those that are seeking "winter storage" at their dealerships... are you doing this because you keep/store your bikes outside during the riding season? Only asking because if you have a place to store it indoors already why store it at a dealer. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Need to move the bike out for the snow blower from the shed!

You have probably never been inconvenienced by the 100 inches of snow we get in NE Ohio snowbelt area - ha ha - care to move here and join the ugh fun

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »

I use to live in the OH Snowbelt but still never winterized a bike.  In OH the snow melts away as fast as it gets there so it was at least one weekend every month during the winter I could ride. (Lived there 8 years)

Duluth, MN, on the other side, they get real winters and the darn snow stays on the roads for 5-6 months, that sucked! Glad I am no longer there. I am way south in MI and riding is still good here!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »

Need to move the bike out for the snow blower from the shed!

You have probably never been inconvenienced by the 100 inches of snow we get in NE Ohio snowbelt area - ha ha - care to move here and join the ugh fun
Don't get that much snow but do get snow... don't have a garage to keep my bike in either... it lives in a section of an unfinished walk out basement. My thought is unless I'm getting additional service/upgrades done for me I'd rather have my bike at home... If I had a garage I would probably keep my cage outside if I needed to make room for the bike (or other equipment) :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

firesam23

• Full CVO Member
  • It's only money Can't take it with you
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO SG HC Mercury
    • CVO2: 2011 SG Harley Custom numbered paint set candy red with skulls
    • CVO3: 2003 1200 Sportster Black/Silver
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »

I plan work to get done in November and they store it free till March.  Or when ever I want it delivered back to me.  :orange:
It was women, it was sinnin’, it was alcohol
It was everything the bible says will make a man fall

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »

My dealer charges $300 to store from November 1st to April 1st. Includes washing, oil change, fuel stabilizer and battery tender hookup when I drop it off. Before I pick it up they wash it and change the oil again and do the state inspection which includes a new sticker...or so they say.
I don't drop mine off until after December 1st so they only charge me $250.
I only have a one car garage. I keep the harley in the garage during riding season with the car out in the driveway. The car goes in the garage when the harley goes to the dealer for the winter...I hate brushing snow off my car and getting into a freezing car in dead of winter. Yeah I know...I'm a sissy ass.

j f go

• Junior CVO Member
  • 112.77 HP 118 FT TQ
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »

There are no Nikes or liquor stored in Harley dealerships, they are safe from looting. :D
   What about them beer stores sellin' Colt 45 ? ( Now I'd worry.)  :D

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »

Why winter storage if you live in MO?

You don't get much snow or do you?

The snow is usually not bad but the main reason is to have room to park all the cars in the garage for the winter months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

finn

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 07:29:45 PM »

born2live                                                                                                                                                  bikes on vacation at hd dealer and i still don't have room for a vehicle.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 08:14:57 PM »

born2live                                                                                                                                                  bikes on vacation at hd dealer and i still don't have room for a vehicle.

Finn,

That's just wrong. Especially for living in Michigan  :o
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 10:00:16 PM »

Softail spends the winter in the front room that doesn't get used much. Front door not big enough to get the Limited through. I know, that's just rude. Don't start up inside any more since I got married.    JoeS

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »

Whoops. Don't know why it posts upside down, but it views ok.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 08:13:51 AM »

For the last 40 years had to leave the cars outside so the bike(s) could stay inside. Always had a small garage until I retired. Now I can keep the PU, bikes, trailer, etc. in with room to spare. All those years in Mich., what I would have given to have this garage.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »

Softail spends the winter in the front room that doesn't get used much. Front door not big enough to get the Limited through. I know, that's just rude. Don't start up inside any more since I got married.    JoeS

Awwwe...the poor limited feels like the forgotten adopted child when winter time comes around I am sure...thats just not fair.
However the softtail I am sure makes a great conversation piece when company comes around.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

My dealer charges $300 to store from November 1st to April 1st. Includes washing, oil change, fuel stabilizer and battery tender hookup when I drop it off. Before I pick it up they wash it and change the oil again and do the state inspection which includes a new sticker...or so they say.I don't drop mine off until after December 1st so they only charge me $250.
I only have a one car garage. I keep the harley in the garage during riding season with the car out in the driveway. The car goes in the garage when the harley goes to the dealer for the winter...I hate brushing snow off my car and getting into a freezing car in dead of winter. Yeah I know...I'm a sissy ass.

If they really do change the oil and filter when you drop it off and then again when you come to pick it up, they are dumber than a box of rocks.  There is absolutely ZERO reason to do that, the oil and filter don't deteriorate or get dirty just sitting in the dealership or your own garage over the winter.  If we give this dealership the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't really dumber than a box of rocks, I'd say that the person who explained the program either misspoke or thinks lying about something like this will convince more people to use their storage deal.   :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »

Thanks for making me laugh with the above comments.   No political bashing intended or down playing the incident in Ferguson.  But all I will say is that the Harley Dealerships are probably better protected than most people think and most definitely far enough away.   ;D

Don't forget about the beauty shop that was torched too. :huepfenjump3:

If you're worried about looters messing with your bike, just hang a pair of work boots or work gloves off the handlebars...they won't go anywhere near it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.