Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Evil tick is GONE!!!!  (Read 23300 times)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Evil tick is GONE!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »

"And yes, I swear the bike has more pull and power.  Sure seat of pants dyno but differences all the same. "

Certainly you do not believe that changing motor oils has increased engine horse power and torque?   
Jesus is Lord

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »

Nope but I believe a properly pumped up lifter will maintain correct and consistent valve lift...can me crazy if you want..I'm sold
Glen

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

Has anyone tried the Liqui Moly Oil Additive MoS2 ??  Friction Modifier of some sort?

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

"And yes, I swear the bike has more pull and power.  Sure seat of pants dyno but differences all the same. "

Certainly you do not believe that changing motor oils has increased engine horse power and torque?

If a lifter is not doing its job less power can be the end result without a doubt..  I have to swap lifters in my SBC race truck.. Engine starting nosing over at 6600 RPM all of a sudden. New lifters will be just over 700 dollars.. Not to mention gaskets time etc. 
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »

I've been running Amsoil in my '09 SERG, but with this glowing review, I'm getting a 5L tomorrow night at Napa on my way home from work.  I'll be picking up a Harley oil filter tonight.  I'm also picking up a quart of Redline Shockproof HD gear oil tonight and will be swapping out the trans oil this weekend as well as the motor oil with the new Liqui Moly.  I have the primary off right now doing my 30 tooth conversion and will be putting plain HD primary oil back in the primary.

I will let you all know how the Liqui Moly works for my stock 110" motor to quiet down the sewing machine noise between 2500/3500 rpms.

Well after a lengthy amount of downtime doing a few things to the '09 SERG that included the 30 tooth drive sprocket update with the swingarm slot update, I have the bike running again.

I put in the Liqui-Moly synthetic motor oil, Redline Shockproof, Redline Primary Oil and fired it up.

The startup tick was there because of the new filter and oil change etc.  But after it pumped up, the motor on idle "seemed" quieter than it used to.  Also at the dreaded 2500/3500 rpm range, it seemed quieter too.

I can't say for sure, but my seat of the pants dyno says this oil pulley change combo is MUCH MORE responsive than before.  I've done many hard run ups through the gears and even in the very short, 5 miles test ride, when I hit second gear hard I swear that it felt like the front wheel was getting loose. 

Maybe it's the primary oil that's giving the clutch a bit more grip along with the new gearing, but this baby chits and gets like it's never done before.

Once I get out of first gear the 30 tooth should not be a factor in acceleration.  I've yet to reset my TTS for the speedo error, but that will come soon.

So for right now, I'm VERY PLEASED with the Liqui-Moly and Redline Products.  I didn't ride in 5th enough to notice any drop in straight cut gear noise, time will tell on that one and the Redline Shockproof.

I'm good...

I would also recommend the 30 tooth conversion to anyone riding two up.  Not only two up, but parking lot 1st gear speed was reduced.  Before with the clutch engaged in 1st gear in parking lots, it was way too fast and I had to slip the clutch quite a bit to keep the speeds down.  This seems have improved some as well.

I bought the swingarm gusset reinforcement kit from Barefoot and the fit was great.  A little welding and then grinding out the slot .200" and touch up paint, nobody would ever know it had been modified.  Great investment!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2015, 11:31:23 AM »

Thats great to hear that another person might agree that Liqui-Moly seems to make a difference!  I have been thinking of the tooth conversion as well.  I was thinking about the 31 tooth version.  So I have been running Spectra in my tranny.  I have heard a lot about the Redline Shockproof.  I am due for a change.  Maybe I should give it a try!..  I run Lucas in my primary.  Time to do some more research.  LOL
Glen

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »

We've preached the same/same here about the "proper oil" for years here.
Our clients can feel the difference as well, with the fluids we use. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

cembo

• Time To Ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: FLHRSE6
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2015, 04:21:37 PM »

Just changed the engine oil to Mobil 1 V-Twin and got rid of that Syn3 crap my dealership insists on putting into the bike. I simply can't believe the difference it made and am really glad that I did it. The valve train noise I could hear between 2750 and 3400rpm despite earplugs and Schuberth C3 is virtually gone! I am sure there is still something that could be heard but even without earplugs and a 3/4 helmet it is not even noticeable. Changed the tranny to Torco RGO 85W140 (Syn3 before) and replaced the fluid in the primary to Formula+ (Syn3 before). Noticeably less shifting noise and I am one happy camper!  :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :apple: :carrot:
It really feels and rides like a different bike. I went to my local dealership that only sells Syn3 for CVO's and had the owner listen to my engine - he was impressed. I suggested to provide more options as he would have far more happy customers. We will see what happens. No more Syn3 for me!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »

Dan, that 30 tooth pulley change will definitely affect acceleration in all gears, not just first.  Try a sixth gear roll-on now compared to how it ran stock, you should be pleasantly surprised.

Harley has the stock setup geared too tall IMHO, thus all the folks running around at 60 mph in fifth gear instead of sixth.  It defeats the whole purpose of a 1:1 ratio sixth gear if you spend more time in fifth than sixth.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »

Dan, that 30 tooth pulley change will definitely affect acceleration in all gears, not just first.  Try a sixth gear roll-on now compared to how it ran stock, you should be pleasantly surprised.

Harley has the stock setup geared too tall IMHO, thus all the folks running around at 60 mph in fifth gear instead of sixth.  It defeats the whole purpose of a 1:1 ratio sixth gear if you spend more time in fifth than sixth.

Jerry

Jerry,

Haven't had the opportunity to do more riding,  so time will tell.

It did seem stronger through out all the gears as you said.

I'll update everyone next weekend when I can do more two up riding.

Thanks.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2015, 08:55:50 AM »

Jerry

Yea, just sounds like its time to shift.. buuuttt.. No it isnt.. LOL
Glen

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »

Is this oil still working good for everyone
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »

Still working great for me..!

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:35 PM »

Great, thanks I pick up some tomorrow, changing over both bikes
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.