Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: KEY WEST 18-21 NOV  (Read 6866 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: KEY WEST 18-21 NOV
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »

Hi Tony, My wife and I are riding to KW from Sarasota. any tips or great spots to stop. Thanks Billy  We will be riding around the 11 th of jan.
`

Billy let me know when you will be passing the area and would be great if we can meet each other......

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:27 PM »

Tony,  First - Jorge and lovely Martha ARE some of the nicest people we have ever met. 

Re the train trip.  Sounds like the high class way to travel to Florida - no traffic problems.  So you enjoyed the rooms you chose, the meal accommodations were more than adequate, what was your expense, and how long in advance did you reserve your bike spots?  How much in advance did you have to be at the station to get the bikes loaded up?

Thanks for the great report and pics. 

:cherry:
Candy,
Can't say enought nice things about Jorge and Martha.  Real sweethearts.  As I said, if you're pressed for time, it's the only way to make the trip.  Our accomodations were "just above" coach, but below what I suppose you could call "first class".  The cost for two bikes, two roomettes, our four tickets was just under $1800 round trip.  The "bedroom" (AKA what  I'd call "first class") would have been about $400 more (I believe).  I don't really think the added expense is necessary.  The roomettes are nice and you eat in the same place as the folks in "the front row".  Food was very good.  Stead, fish or a surf and turf special (in both directions).  Not sure if they change their menus.
I made the reservations about 2 months in advance (the bedrooms were already booked at that point).  They told me at Lorton that they usually have between 30 and 50 motorcycles for Daytona - and the reservations fill up fast for that particular timeframe.
Hopefully we can get together sometime and I can show you more pictures and you can talk to Phyllis and see how she liked it (she did by the way).
Happy holidays,
Tony

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »

Tony I enjoyed your pictures. Thx for posting. How was the traffic on the way down from Homestead south. The weather sure looked like it was good. Glad your trip went well and your a lucky man to have met Jorge & Martha.  :2vrolijk_21:

Dave
Dave,
Not too bad,  we got stuck in a bit of a jam about 4 miles from the first Homestead exist (NASCAR event as you may recall).  I don't think it would have been a problem other than Rudy Guliani's motorcade came blasting through on the shoulder and got everyone flustered.  Probably only cost us a half hour tops.
Happy holidays to you and yours,
Tony

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2007, 11:52:56 PM »

Hi Tony, My wife and I are riding to KW from Sarasota. any tips or great spots to stop. Thanks Billy  We will be riding around the 11 th of jan.
Billy,
I'd have to recommend the Islamorada Fish Company for lunch or dinner (or breakfast, but I don't think they do that  ;)).  Great food.  Pretty reasonable and a great setting. 
In Key West, I'd recommend the Key West Restaurant and Raw Bar - near Mallory Square.  Just across the street from the restaurant is the Key West Key Lime Pie shop - Key Lime pie on a stick - dipped in Bavarian chocolate and frozen.  Low cal  :huepfenjump3:.
Make an effort to catch the sunset every night you're there.  We had clouds, but the sunsets are still spectacular and the venders and performers are great fun.
Highly recommend taking the trolley tour (ask for Bubba - he's great!).  Takes about an hour and a half, but provides lots of history and points out places that you might miss if your try to do the tourist thing on your own.
You'll probably want to try to make a stop to see the Key deer - don't remember specifically which Key it is, but the National Park Service has a very interesting exhibit and the folks there can tell you where you stand the best chance of seeing/photographing one of the little critters - other than on the roadway (just kidding).
Regardless what you decide to see and do, the ride is fantastic and the scenery gorgeous.
Be safe,
Tony

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »

Thanks a bunch for the review and photos.....I really appreciate it.

The train sounds the same as those that I've been on with the exception of taking vehicles.  Now why do they not do that out west here? 

Anyway, it sure looks like a place that we need to visit.....thanks again. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

charlie

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 06:35:32 PM »

Great pics I hope to get the wife to take that trip some time soon.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2007, 08:14:18 PM »

Hey Tony, thanks for the report and the pictures. It sounds like a great time. I'd sure like to do that someday. It looked like a good time to be in Florida. :2vrolijk_21:

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

Tony, man any time with CVO buddies is a GREAT TIME and Jorge and Martha are the best! Really enjoyed your pictures and commentary.

Highly recommend taking the trolley tour (ask for Bubba - he's great!). 

the name says it all what can I say.  ;D  :huepfenlol2:  ;D  :huepfenlol2:

~bubba~

Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2007, 09:53:06 AM »

Tony, man any time with CVO buddies is a GREAT TIME and Jorge and Martha are the best! Really enjoyed your pictures and commentary.

the name says it all what can I say.  ;D  :huepfenlol2:  ;D  :huepfenlol2:

~bubba~

Mi amigo Bubba...how have you been? I miss you man.....say hi Joanne.

My best Regards,

Jorge

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, looked like a great trip. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 23 queries.