Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK  (Read 13640 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

Cobalt, your question is kind of like one guy asking another which woman he's going to like best when they are both admirable.  Since riding both (bikes) is often difficult (wait, bikes?, yeah, bikes) and even problematic (yes, bikes) sometimes a guy just has to pick.  But help someone else make that choice?  Hell, Howie will be grown up before I'd make that choice  ;D .

Twolane,

Thanks for the reply, but I was not really asking for help on the choice as much as I was asking where I can find a dealer that will sell one AT MSRP!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  My guys are out for the year on the Ultras.

I know this group has some great experiences from dealers that will not try to rip you off and pay over MSRP for these bikes.  First I have to find someone that will sell one, then I have to make up my mind.  However, I do appreciate the opinions all are providing.  It helps me.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »

Twolane,

Thanks for the reply, but I was not really asking for help on the choice as much as I was asking where I can find a dealer that will sell one AT MSRP!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  My guys are out for the year on the Ultras.

I know this group has some great experiences from dealers that will not try to rip you off and pay over MSRP for these bikes.  First I have to find someone that will sell one, then I have to make up my mind.  However, I do appreciate the opinions all are providing.  It helps me.

There's a B/O Jester at NYCHD with V&H TD's and V&H FuelPak. I mentioned this bike last night. It was pre-owned with virtually no miles on it. The owner couldn't take the heat and didn't want a modified bike. He gave it back and they sold him something else. Since it's not a new title, I imagine it's a good deal. ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

;)Now back to the thread topic....

Any dealers at MSRP for the Ultra [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 09:04:42 PM »

Twolane,

Cobaltman

Call 704-847-HOGS   4647
Harley Davidson of Charlotte
Ask for Cindy
Tell her Chip said to call and that you wanted a SEUC for MSRP (or less).
Her boss told me the other day that they would sell them all day for that.
Good luck!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CBM

Went back to the beginning and looked.
You wanted to know which one to buy, the R/K or the SEUC.

And as far as drop shipped to a dealer, I'm betting that won't happen.
But you could come here and get it.
Or pay for it and I will pick it up and  and break it in then deliver it when time permits.
Wake up Chip, Wake up!
You fell off that turnip truck again!

[smiley=oops.gif]
Sorry guys!

;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:11:20 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 09:08:01 PM »

Cobaltman, give Brian Snow at Collier H-D in Roanoke Rapids, NC, a call.  Got mine for msrp + frieght.  They charged $500 set-up and then gave me $500 worth of moco p&a or motorclothes and you know I didn't have any problem spending that.  

FYI, you cannot buy out of area and get them to ship (this goes for any Harley dealer).  Must physically be there to take possession and then when it is yours, of course, you can arrange to ship it wherever you like.  Moco prohibits dealers from drop shipping bikes out of area.  They can lose their dealership license for doing so.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:08:47 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

Twolane,

Sorry CBM, certainly misread the original question then.  Can only offer help in the negative on the acquisition question. I know that as of yesterday the local dealership didn't have one on the floor.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 09:51:18 PM »

You may try the dealer at this link http://www.hdofdanbury.com/default.asp  I bought my 06 ultra in june from them the bike was built in april so if you are interested Call and talk with George and see if he can get you what  you want at MSRP (tel'em Wayne from VA Sent you) Not that it will do anything for you just so he knows you won't be a stranger.

Good luck

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 11:02:10 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]  What's this mature chit about owning a SEUC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote, if you can find one is a SEUC, the ultimate HD Machine.......

I have a Road King, but I always take the SEUC out of the garage for a ride!!!!!

napalm
napalm

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 11:08:29 PM »

Cobatman,
It's going to be tough this late in the model year to get an SEUC, but there may be one to be had out there.  It took a lot of calling around for me to get one from a dealer that their allotment wasn't all spoken for.  I would probably try some Northern dealerships, i.e., Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc...where they aren't selling much of anything right now, they may have some available.  I know when I was up in Minnesota in November, every dealership, with the exception of one, that I went to, had an SUEC in stock.  I think you might have better luck getting one out of those states.  JMHO.

Cheers, and good luck,  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 11:12:15 PM »

Silver-Back,
Yeah, I've played that card a few too many times in almost 35 years of marriage.  [highlight]Everytime I start thinking about sneaking a second ride into the garage, I get that "John Bobbit" feeling in my nether region[/highlight] :-/....
TC

LMAO  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

twincam

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

Cobalt, try Durango, HD in Col. I bought my 06 SEUC from them did most of the deal on the net and on the phone, got the bike for msrp , good people. gave me a good trade in value on my 05 ultra. I did go and look at the 06 and test drove it. they put mods on it then delivered it to my door 10 hour away!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

twincam

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 11:43:35 PM »

can hook you up with sale manger if you like. send me a pm

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 11:50:37 PM »

Thanks for all of the responses so far.  I will follow up on them when the stores open back up on Monday.  

In the meantime, I sent separate, very professionally worded emails to about 10 HD stores in Texas.  Each one was personalized as much as possible, inquiring as to the status of the 07 SE Ultra at MSRP.  It will be interesting to see who responds and when.  I already had two stores emails bounce back due to their inbox being full (some do not have specific email addresses for sales inquiries...Unbelievable!)

I am still debating the pros and cons of the Ultra vs. RK and will continue to investigate the possibilities of changing my mind ;D

I'll keep you posted.  More to follow.

Signed,

"Undecided" in Texas [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »

Cobaltman, give Brian Snow at Collier H-D in Roanoke Rapids, NC, a call.  Got mine for msrp + frieght.  They charged $500 set-up and then gave me $500 worth of moco p&a or motorclothes and you know I didn't have any problem spending that.  

FYI, you cannot buy out of area and get them to ship (this goes for any Harley dealer).  Must physically be there to take possession and then when it is yours, of course, you can arrange to ship it wherever you like.  Moco prohibits dealers from drop shipping bikes out of area.  They can lose their dealership license for doing so.

Thanks for the info. I did not know they had that restriction.  Appreciate the thorough response.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 12:37:19 AM »

Damm Silver Black I must be going through a middle age crisis traded a Street Glide for a CVO springer ,you think I need help???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 21 queries.