Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: LOSING MY DAD  (Read 7719 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: LOSING MY DAD
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »

Dave,
  Lost my Dad in 1972, as the result of a mining accident.  I was 21 at the time.  Lost my Mom in 1988, due to cancer.  My Mom lived to see me straighten up, and become a productive citizen.  My Dad didn't.  That makes you a very lucky Man.  Think of the good things He brought to your Life, and you to His.  My condolences to you, and your Family.  Later--HUBBARD          
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 05:27:36 PM »

WOW
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE PRAYERS & THOUGHTS. ITS THE MOST HARDEST THING THAT IVE HAD TO TRY TO COPE WITH OTHER THAN THE PASSING OF MY GRANDFATHER IN 1981. I TO WAS AT HIS BED SIDE AS I WILL BE FOR MY DAD. AS I SAID MY DAD IS A BROTHER & A TRUE MAN. HE OWNS & OPERATES A SMALL CUSTOM BIKE SHOP IN KALAMAZOO MICH CALLED UNITED CHROME. IT WAS FOUNDED IN THE EARLY 70'S BY HIS BROTHER & HE BOUGHT IN THE EARLY 80'S. IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN THE AREA OR WANT TO DROP HIM A CARD THE ADDRESS IS: UNITED CHROME   2222 LAKE ST.  KALAMAZOO, MICH 49001
PHONE # 269-382-4960   ASK FOR "WILLE". ALL RIDE UPS GET A FREE SHIRT!! PER ME... HIS SON. I ALSO SUSPECT THAT THERE WILL BE BENIFIT RIDE PUT TOGETHER AND I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THIS UNDER RIDE REPORT.
AGAIN EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR THOUGHTFULNESS & PRAYERS.
P.S.  HUBBARD IM GLAD YOU STAIGHTENED UP :) YOU REMIND ME OF HIM! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 05:28:54 PM by gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »

Sorry for your bad news Gettinold,
I agree with everyone else. Try to make the best of the time you all have left and make sure nothing is left unsaid.
Be prepared to have the shock hit you at the most unusual times. You will remember your dad everytime you do something that he enjoyed or are somewhere that you two used to go. You may get sad but remember the good times.
Prayers will be with you and your family.

Outlaw Racing

• Lets Go
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 07:04:56 PM »

I lost my Dad in 1996 to lung cancer, he was 69, I lost my younger sister in 2001 to cancer, she was 43. Terrible way to go. Spend as much time together as you can while he is still able to do things. I hope you and your family the best in the days to come.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:25:18 PM »

I HOPE YOU BOTH ENJOY YOUR TIME LEFT WITH EACH OTHER!!!Create more and lasting memories with each other. [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
hdnut

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 08:16:58 AM »

Gettinold, So Sorry to hear about you dad.  I too have lost my Father and Mother to cancer.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
God Bless you and you dad,
Mike (Bubba)
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:52:23 AM »

So sorry to hear of your family troubles.  Both my husband and I stand with each and everyone else on this forum to pray for your strength to enjoy every possible moment you can carve out while your father fights his fight.  No one can replace their parents and the moments that you so want to hear their advice or recognitions, when they have moved on is so very hard.  You know that and it sounds as if you will do whatever you need to do to be with him as much as you can.  Blessing to your entire family.    :'(  

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:36 AM »

Dave, My heart is heavy on the news of your dad. How is your dad taking this? The reason I ask is I have seen many people accept this and actually were an inspiration to me. Nobody wants to hear the dreaded news you have posted but we all have to come to grips that death is part of life. I have received great comfort in God's word on the subject of after life. As a believer in Jesus Christ I know when I die that's when my life begins, Eternal life in heaven where there are no tears! Free from any disease or sickness where we will have new bodies and have full understanding of all things. There will be no sin, no temptation, it will be a joyous home coming! One full of Peace. It is my prayer that your dad has this peace.

My dad passed away the morning of my brothers wedding and we were out of town and I blew off the bachelor party to make sure my mom and dad were alright. That morning I was awaken by my mom trying to wake my dad up. He passed in his sleep and I see how Gods hand was in it for me to be there for her to get thru that terrible experience. We don't always understand why God would allow some things happen but some day we will. In the mean time we must put our trust and faith in Him. He is a God that Loves us in a way we can't. Bless you brother, I often wish I would have had some time knowing he was going to leave us so I could have opened my heart to him and ask him many questions. God has given you this opportunity.

Dave, my prayer for you is that God gives you the wisdom and the strength you will need in the days to come. I will also be praying for your mom and brothers and sisters if you have any. God is not out of the miracle business so I will also be praying for a healing of your dads body if it be Gods will. Gods Love to you and your family Dave and may his peace be with you! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

John

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »

Hang in there , I lost mine 7 years ago, and you can never spend enough time with them . On of my daughters best friends lost her dad yesterday, he was a good man , younger than I.  

My brother is terminal , and even though he's 6000 miles away , I visit when I can , and stay in touch regularly.

Life is impermanance .. enjoy every moment you can and cherish what is dear.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 11:22:16 AM »

Again my sympathy to GETTINOLD.

I have only lost one grandfather to cancer and my remaining relatives all lived to be mid 80's to early 90's. My folks are still with me as is my only sibling. Until I started reading this thread, I never realized just how incredible that is. Thank you GETTINOLD for getting me to stop and smell the roses. Like the end of the VISA commercial - - - - - priceless
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:42:02 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS & FRIENDLY CONCERN. THIS IS WHY I OPENED UP TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE. YOU ALL HAVE MADE THIS DIFFICULT TIME OF MY LIFE MUCH EASIER, AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE ALL YOUR PRAYERS WILL GIVE US MUCH MORE TIME THAN WE EXPECT.
                                              GOD BLESS      DAVE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

Dave,

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm very sorry to hear of your father's prognosis.  At the same time, I'm glad to see so many members remembering their parents.  I too lost my father twelve years ago when I was 28. He never got to see his last two grandsons physically but, I'm sure he's enjoying them from up above.  I did however get to spend time with him working during the summers and family vacations and finally while he was ill.  I thanked him for working so hard to provide for our family and being stern to make sure all of his kids became resposible citizens.

He taught us that no matter what bad habits they (parents) may have, they gave you your life and for that alone and the chance to experience this great country we must appreciate both of our parents.

I truly hope that your dad gets to experience you and your family for a long time to come.

Ken
Yellowsedeuce

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 01:17:31 PM »

two weeks ago today i lost my father-in-law, after just over 2 years batteling serious illness over 1yr in ICU and he had been doing better recently, when things sudenly became very serious again. and even though i was with him when he passed i never got to tell him how much of an important part of my life he had been. so talk to him as much as you can while you can i wish i hadnt missed the opportunity
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 10:00:07 PM »

very sad! i also lost my father to lung cancer in 1980. not having a father to share those special times in life has made me a better father to my kids.  :'(

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 11:15:30 PM »

Dave, sorry to have taken this long for me to respond to your thread with my heartfelt sympathies for your situation.  May God's grace be upon you and may you find peace and comfort as you deal with the difficulties facing you.  As one who has taken his parents for granted for many, many years, I have to say that the following words, written by you, have suddenly had a profound imact on me and I will look upon the time that I spend with my dad in the future differently as a result:

. . . IF YOUR PARENTS ARE STILL WITH YOU,JUST CALL THEM AND TELL THEM TOU LOVE THEM, BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN GOD CAN CALL THEM HOME. . .

You know, I have my dad to thank for my love of motorcycles, created by the old Yamaha that he used to take me home from grandma's on when I was just 6 or so years old to the the Suzuki GS850L that he used to take me on rides with in the early 80's.  Harleys, no, but nevertheless, those bikes instilled a love for motorcycling in me that lives on today and in essence has brought me to this forum and the many friends I've made here.  Dave, thanks for the reminder of the power and influence that my parents have had on me and the many blessings I've had in my life as a result.

My prayers are with you, your dad and your family as you cope with these difficult times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.