Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rainy Day Eyewear  (Read 8355 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Rainy Day Eyewear
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »

I just wear my regular sunglasses or clear glasses and coat them with Rain-X. I went to the 95th anniversary in Mil. riding from Calif. Rained the entire way. The Rain-X worked great. No fogging, no poor visibility from the rain drops.
dave29

X2
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »

Have you seen any issues with Rain X and your eyewear? If not what do you wear for glasses/goggles?
Supershooter

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »

I just wear my regular sunglasses or clear glasses and coat them with Rain-X. I went to the 95th anniversary in Mil. riding from Calif. Rained the entire way. The Rain-X worked great. No fogging, no poor visibility from the rain drops.
dave29

Don't know squat about goggles but I can attest to solid rain at the 95th.  Sheesh!  And, an acquaintance had his FatBoy stolen.  It was parked 10 feet from the gurad shack on Juneau Ave.

Actually, I wear Maui Jim's.  KInd of wrap around.  They don't fog and the eyes stay pretty dry until some point when you should prolly pull over anyways.

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:56 AM »

I wear Oakley Wind Jackets.  Instead of foam inserts they use a thin rubber gasketing.  They can be worn with or without an elastic strap so in the rain you can adjust the strap tight to keep the water from running under the rubber gasket, if needed.  They keep the rain (and wind) out better than any other glasses that I have tried - ad I have tried a lot of them. 

Also, with any glasses, using Rain-X while riding helps a ton because the water simply rolls right off the lenses much easier.  :2vrolijk_21:

hverbakel

• Full CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2001 Screamin Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »

I always keep a clear halfshield that attaches to my helmet, works really well for riding in the rain.
06 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic
01 Screaming Eagle Roadglide

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

There is a simple solution to this, wear a full face with pinlok insert OR if you are still living in the past and wearing a open face, or no helmet, still no problem. Oakley Snow ski goggles, they have dual lens and and foam around the sides to allow air flow, the foam is pretty water proof but if you tape off the lens and spray the foam with "Green" scotchguard you are good to go. I rode home from Atlanta (480) miles in a major rainstorm the whole way, never had any fogging, even when stopped using the Oakleys. They have rubber around the nose, sides to mate with your head, I did trim that to fit my nose better but otherwise they fit pretty much everybody. They also have a purpose shapped goggle for glasses folks. When I used these, before we changed over to full face year around, I liked the yellow tint best for gray rainy wear. They are not cheap, but work great and you can buy replacement lens if you need them. Just make sure they are the Dual Lens as the single lens will fog up instantly. I promise you will be amazed. Oakley.com

firehog383

• Junior CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

I thought they made a rain-X product for polycarbonate lens

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

There is a simple solution to this, wear a full face with pinlok insert OR if you are still living in the past and wearing a open face, or no helmet, still no problem. Oakley Snow ski goggles, they have dual lens and and foam around the sides to allow air flow, the foam is pretty water proof but if you tape off the lens and spray the foam with "Green" scotchguard you are good to go. I rode home from Atlanta (480) miles in a major rainstorm the whole way, never had any fogging, even when stopped using the Oakleys. They have rubber around the nose, sides to mate with your head, I did trim that to fit my nose better but otherwise they fit pretty much everybody. They also have a purpose shapped goggle for glasses folks. When I used these, before we changed over to full face year around, I liked the yellow tint best for gray rainy wear. They are not cheap, but work great and you can buy replacement lens if you need them. Just make sure they are the Dual Lens as the single lens will fog up instantly. I promise you will be amazed. Oakley.com

Like these?

http://www.oakley.com/products/6716/25037
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.