Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE  (Read 3483 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Need cool second seat for 07 CUSE
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 10:34:55 AM »

If you use a RK seat on a EG,UC, or RG you need HD P/N 52447-96 FLHT, FLTR Trim Piece $24.95 (P. 415), to fill in the space at the gas tank. A RK seat is shorter but mounts exactly the same. ;) Hoist!
Howie,

You're correct on a standard EG/RG, but the SE versions come with the extended console that comes all the way back to the rear of the tank.  Those bikes, like the FLHX, require the RK style seat.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »

If you use a RK seat on a EG,UC, or RG you need HD P/N 52447-96 FLHT, FLTR Trim Piece $24.95 (P. 415), to fill in the space at the gas tank. A RK seat is shorter but mounts exactly the same. ;) Hoist!

Hoist, the SEEG's, Street Glides and other touring Baggers running the long, 71288-03A (p. 502) fuel tank console can run the short Road King style seats without the spacer.

Your new SERK must be real close; either that or I am the last one on the Planet to hear that it has arrived.

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »

Howie,

You're correct on a standard EG/RG, but the SE versions come with the extended console that comes all the way back to the rear of the tank.  Those bikes, like the FLHX, require the RK style seat.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I didn't know that and it's not stated in the Acc'y catalog. All SEFLH/SEFLT's use RK seats? Also Jerry, I received my '07 SERK Service and Parts Manuals today. For Service, they use the '07 Touring Manual with a FLHRSE3 Service Manual Supplement. This supplement is more than just wiring diagrams, and covers the items on the bike beyond the standard RK, and seems worthwhile. The Parts Manual is P/N 99433-07 and is only 158 pages. It is specific to FLHRSE3. It also includes HDI models as well. It appears to have everything (like the frame) for the whole bike?. Would you be able to confirm that this is the only parts manual required for an '07 SERK. Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »

Hoist, the SEEG's, Street Glides and other touring Baggers running the long, 71288-03A (p. 502) fuel tank console can run the short Road King style seats without the spacer.

Your new SERK must be real close; either that or I am the last one on the Planet to hear that it has arrived.

djkak

Hey DJ, Thanks for asking. It's supposed to get dropped off at the dealer's warehouse today. You know I'll be making phone calls in about 5 minutes from now!!! Hope to see it get uncrated today or tomorrow and pick it up on Friday. With this cold snap we just got, I'm not too sure how much riding I'll get on it. If I don't get it to my friends shop by Fri, I'll have to wait for him to get back from Vegas for my SPO's and PC. Timing's everything man! ;) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 12:27:16 PM »

Hey Bagger,

Sure, I'd like to slip the seat on, but looking at Mapquest, the route between Marietta GA, and Meridianville, AL looks like it would be a good ride.

Lets talk when the weather gets better than 35 and rainy.

Chief

Can do easy. Let me know.

Bagger

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »

Hey DJ, Thanks for asking. It's supposed to get dropped off at the dealer's warehouse today. You know I'll be making phone calls in about 5 minutes from now!!! Hope to see it get uncrated today or tomorrow and pick it up on Friday. With this cold snap we just got, I'm not too sure how much riding I'll get on it. If I don't get it to my friends shop by Fri, I'll have to wait for him to get back from Vegas for my SPO's and PC. Timing's everything man! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Howie, are you going to bring a camera to the birthing?  Gotta have pictures.  Of course, we know you'll keep us updated on the process.

Henry

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »

Howie, are you going to bring a camera to the birthing?  Gotta have pictures.  Of course, we know you'll keep us updated on the process.

Henry

Been carrying the camera around with me since yesterday Henry. Maybe Fri. now. ;) Hoist! 8-)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »

Been carrying the camera around with me since yesterday Henry. Maybe Fri. now. ;) Hoist! 8-)

I see you're still awake. Bet you're chomping at the bit. I remember those sleepless nights  [smiley=multi.gif]. Best of luck to ya buddy!  [smiley=orange.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 12:52:06 AM »

I see you're still awake. Bet you're chomping at the bit. I remember those sleepless nights  [smiley=multi.gif]. Best of luck to ya buddy!  [smiley=orange.gif]

Yeah thanks AJ. It was supposed to show up today. Now it's not being delivered til Fri. I'll pick it up next week. A little more waiting. Oh well! ;) Hoist! 8-)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 01:04:14 AM »

Hey at least you're not getting any of this weather that we are. Hopefully the trucks will still be shipping cargo. Oh wait, The Weather Channel just said you're in for snow  [smiley=nervous.gif].

Bagger

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »

Yeah thanks AJ. It was supposed to show up today. Now it's not being delivered til Fri. I'll pick it up next week. A little more waiting. Oh well! ;) Hoist! 8-)

You're a patient man, Howie.  I'd be on some type of long term psychological drip meds by now if I'd have waited patiently as long as you have.  You gotta be frazzled. [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 08:42:29 AM »

You're a patient man, Howie.  I'd be on some type of long term psychological drip meds by now if I'd have waited patiently as long as you have.  You gotta be frazzled. [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

It's not like I have much choice Henry. So we wait! I'll feel better when I see it at the dealer tomorrow....hopefully! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.