Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?  (Read 12518 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2007, 06:37:11 AM »

Thanks for the insight Ultamellon , I am at the point of choosing between a low mileage FLHTCSE or doing what you did. No offense to any of the Jester owners , but from what I've seen of the 110" it isn't that impressive.  Even a higher mileage SEEG could easily be frseshend up with a bump to a 107 and be a stronger mill.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Dean

« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2007, 01:26:18 AM »

If anyone thinks the 07 CVOs have lost their luster, just try to find a Smurf.  I had to go over 400 miles to find my SEUC2 in Blue/Blue.  The paint job is great.  The chrome is not the only feature.  The amplifier, XM satelite radio, cool leather tour pack, heated seats and hand grips, power locks and a host of other features make it the best HD ever produced.  Maybe some owners of previous models may be saying that the CVO has lost its luster because they have a case of sour grapes.

Dean

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »

Has the CVO moniker lost its luster?  In a word "NO".  I tell you the most impressive site I've ever seen was roughly 20 CVO's all nicely lined up in front of the York plant last week.  The 07's (including mine) were right there with the rest, standing proud.  Have they lost their luster?  Tell that to the factory personnel that came out when we were all lined up ready to leave the factory, taking pictures of us...tell that to the visitors that were pointing at us and obviously drooling at the site of all that chrome, color, and yes, pride rumbling at the stop sign...have they lost their luster?  No way, they're still the most impressive machines the MoCo makes.   JMHO.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »

RedEvil,

I couldn't have said it better. ONE CVO alone draws a crowd. Several CVO's side by side draws a crowd for sure. We had a dozen or more on our rides at Daytona and it was just absolutely awesome.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:20 AM »

If CVO loses its luster, then they will stop selling.  So far that is not the case.

The Moco is selling more bikes than ever - "regular" Harley riders lament that production has increased & their resale is not what it was when production was limited & bikes were more scarce. CVO production has increased as well - the old supply vs demand deal.  The Moco is in business to make money & there is nothing wrong with that if one believes in a capitalistic system of economics.  Customer satisfaction has a direct effect on profit bottom line - worth noting.

It's normal for folks to be nostalgic for something a few years back when compared to now.  That does not mean it was really better way back when, but since perception almost always trumps reality, sometimes the facts present themselves to seem so even though it might not have been as great as we remember it.

I was discussing carburetors vs fuel injection the other day and something similar came up.  Even though fuel injection has lots of advantages over carburetion from an ease of operation standpoint, some still would prefer to have a carburetor.  Pigs will fly before Harley makes another bike with a carburetor.  Harley may have something other than CVO in its future - this is what is working for them now from a marketing standpoint.

Some like to think their stuff is better than others stuff - maybe it is & maybe it isn't.  My CVO is better than your CVO? or your CVO is better than my CVO? is just a matter of opinion.  I do not recall any 5 year period that Harley has not had some real issues with their bikes since the late 60's when I turned a wrench for a buck an hour.  It's always something and in a few years it will be something else.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:41:36 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2007, 12:45:09 PM »

Because of weather primarily, the bike has been on the road, for me, for about a month.  I cant remeber a time Ive been out and around that someone didnt give me a compliment on my cherry SEEG.  On Sunday, an older gentlemen, i would guess he was in his early 80's, pulled up beside me at a traffice light, rolled down the window and said "you sure have a pretty bike".  Thats luster.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2007, 04:58:07 PM »

Because of weather primarily, the bike has been on the road, for me, for about a month.  I cant remeber a time Ive been out and around that someone didnt give me a compliment on my cherry SEEG.  On Sunday, an older gentlemen, i would guess he was in his early 80's, pulled up beside me at a traffice light, rolled down the window and said "you sure have a pretty bike".  Thats luster.

You betcha.

And of course, red is the best color.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Dean

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »

You betcha.

And of course, red is the best color.

I agree with most of the replies since my last post, but will only add that
my Smurf is the best color for 07!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »

I agree with most of the replies since my last post, but will only add that
my Smurf is the best color for 07!
The blue's a nice color, but Black and Orange is HD!! ;)  It's the best color, may not be the fastest (yet), but it's the best.  ;D

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2007, 08:48:35 AM »

Another luster moment.

Pulled up to the Maine turnpike to pay my 60 cents, guy says, "thats a beautiful bike, go on thru, you dont have to pay today".

Everyday, I get at least one compliment.  Ive never owned any kind of vehicle that gets the reaction this one does.  Obviously its the red color.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2007, 12:14:19 PM »

You are right, it has to be the red.  We rode to one of our HOG chapter meetings this morning, and everyone is all over my red SEEG, parked right beside my husbands black n blue SEEG.  They hardly notice his bike, but they are sure noticing mine.  Same happens at every event we go to, it seems.   :cherry:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

The blue's a nice color, but Black and Orange is HD!! ;)  It's the best color, may not be the fastest (yet), but it's the best.  ;D

RedDevil
             I agree, the paint on your bike is hot and the motor, accessories and chrome is gorgeous - - - - - Now if you'd only do something about Quasimodo's hump on the back, it'd be damn near perfect.  8)

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2007, 12:16:44 PM »

You are right, it has to be the red.  We rode to one of our HOG chapter meetings this morning, and everyone is all over my red SEEG, parked right beside my husbands black n blue SEEG.  They hardly notice his bike, but they are sure noticing mine.  Same happens at every event we go to, it seems.   :cherry:

Candy,
          How could anyone be in the same state as you and not want to meet you ? You've got charisma girl and the bike is just the excuse people use to meet you.

B B

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2007, 04:18:35 PM »

Candy,
          How could anyone be in the same state as you and not want to meet you ? You've got charisma girl and the bike is just the excuse people use to meet you.

B B

You silver tongue devil you  :devil:. It's true what you speak, just nicely said. Practice, practice, practice.

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2007, 07:02:02 PM »

"Custom Vehicle Operations" is not a promise of limited run motorcycles.

In the beginning, the whole division was to untilize a small plant, unable to mass produce after losing a military contract. Now, those limitations no longer exist. When you live in a country of 390 million people, 6,000 bikes is not a huge number. However, it doesn't seem anywhere near as special a line as it did now that the custom paint options have become commonplace. Those are even numbered. Plus, the Thunder Mountain bikes are basically custom HDs now too. Kind of like Buell being HDs sportbike.

That being said...I wouldn't trade my FXR3 for any bike offered. And I have been offered great deals. Plus...I'm running a 3 generations obsolete engine, and there's nothing truly unique about it other than it being an FXR.

...but it's MY FXR. And that makes it everything I want.

..except for that '05 FLHPI I just got...Let's face it, 1k a day on an FXR is just unneccessary punishment to a guy's kidneys
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.