Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Road King or Electra Glide ?  (Read 5651 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Road King or Electra Glide ?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 04:36:19 PM »

Oh well, that's my "rant for the day". :soapbox:  Got to go out to the garage and turn some wrenches on my overpriced and underperforming Harley.

Jerry

OK Jerry

I'll give you 12-5 for that overpriced - underperforming SEEG right now!
And you don't even have to deliver.
We will come get it!

Ahhhhhhhh,  where you live now? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 06:57:01 PM »

Terry,

The thing that really sticks in my craw (always wanted to use that expression  ::)) is when you think about the technology that comes standard on the BMW, and the fact that German manufacturers have a cost disadvantage, and then compare features and prices with the offerings from H-D, it becomes even more obvious just how much the MoCo is screwing us.  I was looking at the 1200LT, which is their "equivalent" to the Ultra, and in terms of technology, standard equipment, and performance it totally blows the Ultra away.  Many of the items that Harley only includes on the CVO version come standard on the LT, with an MSRP of $21,700. 

Oh well, that's my "rant for the day". :soapbox:  Got to go out to the garage and turn some wrenches on my overpriced and underperforming Harley.

Jerry

No doubt, Jerry...just before I took delivery on the Ultra, Suzanne and I were at the BMW/Ducati dealer here and looked at the LT.  When Suzanne saw the price, she asked "Now why are we getting a HD?  ;D )  I told her my feet wouldn't touch the ground on the LT.  Half truth.  And it's got no "soul".  So we pay over 10K for something we can't see or put our hands on.  Love the Ultra though, but at some point in the future, it may get retired to lighter duty and something like this Beemer would be my choice over a Wing.

You are correct though...many, many more standard goodies on almost any Beemer.  At least as much luggage capacity, heated grips that actually WORK, decent seats, great com system and stereo, electric windscreen.  I rode an RT1150 a while back, and that electric windscreen is a cool as chit feature.  Even that bike would haul butt and handled great.  I hadn't been on a bike in 15 years at that point and it took me about 5 minutes to get completely comfortable in the twisties I test rode it through.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »

If your leaning towards the road king, I save save a few bucks and get an 07 SE Road King. A few still sitting around.
IMO, all 2007 SE Colors were SWEET!!!!!!!

I'm not sold on the 08 SEUC colors.............. :confused5:

2008 Road King colors....... :bananarock:
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.