Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: It's time for a new SEEG model........  (Read 6480 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: It's time for a new SEEG model........
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 10:17:24 AM »

Interesting.  When Andy, Jon and I did our cross country ocean to ocean ride we did all of it but a couple hundred miles on two lane back roads and I don't recall being anywhere that we couldn't get cell reception.  Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't recall it.

Do you guys have Verizon? :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, not having cell reception isn't something I've missed so don't know if that's something I'd like to pay extra for.  How did you guys do these rides back when you had to find a phone booth then put a quarter in a rotary dial phone?  You're all spoiled. ;D   So give us more. :2vrolijk_21:
Hey JC, I remember that lone phone booth in the middle of nowhere on hwy. 50 in Nevada.  I've done the coast to coast deal w/o a cell phone, but gotta say that it's mo betta with one.  :huepfenlol2: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »

Yes I haver Verizon and once I get in the middle to the eastern side of the state reception is spotty.  Then when you are in the U.P. of Michigan... Well it was very spotty.  I am sure they are working on it and will be putting more towers up but I thought this would be better than a CB.  As for payphones there are less and less of them around because of the cell phones.  Maybe I was more on with an ONSTAR system than the 3 watt booster for the cell phones. :drink:
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 11:40:37 PM »

They do make cell phone boosters for boats.  Digital and Shakespeare are 2 companies that come to mind.  Mine is hooked up to an 8 foot cellular antenna; not to practical for a bike.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »

IF the all-knowing purveyors of all things Harley decide on another SEEG, I would prefer to see an end to the proliferation of excessive crap added to justify another price increase.  Don't need a CB, don't need heated grips that fail twice per season, don't need heated seats (or make it optional), don't need a King Tour-Pak, definitely don't need a 110, etc.  What it does need, at a minimum, is:
-A top quality, bulletproof drivetrain that includes things like straight crankshafts, optimized gear ratio's, and the capability to retain all fluids on the inside. 
-An upgraded lowered suspension that doesn't beat the snot out of you over every tiny bump.
-A truly comfortable seat, so we don't have to throw the pretty stock part in the attic and buy a Corbin.
-A handlebar design that actually fits the majority of the target ridership.
-A new approach to footboard location that reduces the tendency to drag while also eliminating that bow-legged stance.
-A long overdue update to the batwing, to eliminate lift at high speeds.
-A price point that doesn't leave me on the sidelines.  I can find a way, just as I did with the 2005 SEEG, to justify $29,995.  I can't find a way to justify $35k or $40k, not when I can buy a fully loaded 5 passenger AWD highly rated crossover for $30k.  Or a much higher performance/better quality Honda or BMW for $25k.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 09:41:35 AM »

IF the all-knowing purveyors of all things Harley decide on another SEEG, I would prefer to see an end to the proliferation of excessive crap added to justify another price increase.  Don't need a CB, don't need heated grips that fail twice per season, don't need heated seats (or make it optional), don't need a King Tour-Pak, definitely don't need a 110, etc.  What it does need, at a minimum, is:
-A top quality, bulletproof drivetrain that includes things like straight crankshafts, optimized gear ratio's, and the capability to retain all fluids on the inside. 
-An upgraded lowered suspension that doesn't beat the snot out of you over every tiny bump.
-A truly comfortable seat, so we don't have to throw the pretty stock part in the attic and buy a Corbin.
-A handlebar design that actually fits the majority of the target ridership.
-A new approach to footboard location that reduces the tendency to drag while also eliminating that bow-legged stance.
-A long overdue update to the batwing, to eliminate lift at high speeds.
-A price point that doesn't leave me on the sidelines.  I can find a way, just as I did with the 2005 SEEG, to justify $29,995.  I can't find a way to justify $35k or $40k, not when I can buy a fully loaded 5 passenger AWD highly rated crossover for $30k.  Or a much higher performance/better quality Honda or BMW for $25k.

Jerry

Well said...

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 10:22:02 AM »

I like the SE Street glide with detachable chopped tour pak, color matched (preferably orange) frame, factory lowers, 121 (non head gasket blowing) engine, Comfortable low profile suspension with a 180 rear tire. of course it has to have all the current CVO do-dads, self locking bags, GPS, ECT.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »

I like the SE Street glide with detachable chopped tour pak, color matched (preferably orange) frame, factory lowers, 121 (non head gasket blowing) engine, Comfortable low profile suspension with a 180 rear tire. of course it has to have all the current CVO do-dads, self locking bags, GPS, ECT.

That'd work! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »

Are the self-locking bags really worth the expense/potential problems?   :nixweiss:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »

Are the self-locking bags really worth the expense/potential problems?   :nixweiss:spyder

Not to me.  Never had them so I don't know what I am missing.   :cherry:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:49 PM »

Remembering that I have them is a little problem. 
I still get a little giddy getting to use the locking fob thingy and being lazy as I am, not having to lock them each is kinda nice. 

That is pretty lazy huh???

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

been riding since '62

never thought much about anti-locks
                                                       didn't actually figure the worked

love them now

wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »

Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents....I like the idea of the SE street glide that was just mentioned. I've been turning my 05 street glide into a SE ever since I bought it. Getting close to 40K on her so It would be nice to see the MoCo do the job for me on the next one. I guess I'm getting lazy (wise) also. Jon  :P  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.