Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: It's time for a new SEEG model........  (Read 6566 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: It's time for a new SEEG model........
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »

how 'bout just using a S&S 124    ...     no more work

I just don't see that being an option for Harley. :nixweiss:  But there's been some great ideas here.........come on with it MoCo!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »

I would like to see them drop the CB and go to a 3 watt booster for our cell phones.  So when you are out on some country road, in the mountains or some far off area where cell phone coverage is spotty we would have a signal.  Not saying I want to sit around and talk but it would be nice to know that I can place a call for what ever reason.

What about a multi angle wind shield like the BMW's that would be kinda cool.  Make your adjustments on the fly and it would be custom to what ever you want at the time.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »

I would like to see them drop the CB and go to a 3 watt booster for our cell phones.  So when you are out on some country road, in the mountains or some far off area where cell phone coverage is spotty we would have a signal.  Not saying I want to sit around and talk but it would be nice to know that I can place a call for what ever reason.

Is that the max allowable that you could boost a cell signal under the laws?  Remember the early 'bag' phones?  Still got a couple of those......they worked really well 'off-shore' due to the increase wattage......I almost believe they were much more than that.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »

Is that the max allowable that you could boost a cell signal under the laws?  Remember the early 'bag' phones?  Still got a couple of those......they worked really well 'off-shore' due to the increase wattage......I almost believe they were much more than that.  spyder
Those old bag phones were 3 watts the same as mobile (permanently installed) phones were in cars. Portables used to be .6 watts.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »

Those old bag phones were 3 watts the same as mobile (permanently installed) phones were in cars. Portables used to be .6 watts.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
and what are our current phones wattage?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »

and what are our current phones wattage?  spyder
Can't find anything to verify it, but I would think the portables aren't anymore then .6 watts. With the saturation of cell towers in most areas the need for the more powerful bag/mobile phones has declined. Don't even see the booster kits for portables that could be installed in cars that would boost power to 3 watts much anymore.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

Fired00d, I believe you are right with most cell phones today are .6 watts.  As for the old hard mount and bag phones...they were 3 watts.  I am not sure about the maximum wattage by law but 3 watts would be great. I know that 3 watt systems are out dated but I bet they can produce a very small converter/booster and most would be happy with the piece of mind knowing that they should be able to place a call where ever they are.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »

Can't find anything to verify it, but I would think the portables aren't anymore then .6 watts. With the saturation of cell towers in most areas the need for the more powerful bag/mobile phones has declined. Don't even see the booster kits for portables that could be installed in cars that would boost power to 3 watts much anymore.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
A lot of the more prominent carriers have their network of towers following the interstate roads and if you get off into the back roads you have no signal at all.  But you probably wouldn't want anymore wattage that close to your grey matter anyway.......the remote booster would be the ideal set-up, at least until a better system of towers is available.  This is really a funny conversation we're having as I remember looking for phone booths on many rides not too long ago.  ::) har!  :drink: spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »

It's a "catch 22" situation... Everyone wants more/better coverage, but nobody wants the cell towers in there backyards or where they can see them. I know locally it was harder then pulling teeth to get additional cell towers.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »

It's a "catch 22" situation... Everyone wants more/better coverage, but nobody wants the cell towers in there backyards or where they can see them. I know locally it was harder then pulling teeth to get additional cell towers.

Hey.....My wife is a Dentist and we have some property in one of those areas where you don't have much coverage.  We can't get anyone to talk to us about leasing some land for a tower.  This is funny! :huepfenlol2:

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 11:03:18 PM »

I would have to say that it would be a cool thing if the MOCO would look into some sort of a booster or maybe even ONSTAR!  I see know they have auto locks for the bikes tour paks and saddle bags.  Wouldn't that he something.  AH, :drink: HELLO ONSTAR........I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY TOUR PAK..........THANKS ONSTAR!  :drink:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 11:06:06 PM »

I would have to say that it would be a cool thing if the MOCO would look into some sort of a booster or maybe even ONSTAR!  I see know they have auto locks for the bikes tour paks and saddle bags.  Wouldn't that he something.  AH, :drink: HELLO ONSTAR........I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY TOUR PAK..........THANKS ONSTAR!  :drink:
That's what the HOG CLUB is for.  :P har!  spyder

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »

If you can get a call out to them :coolblue:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »

Interesting.  When Andy, Jon and I did our cross country ocean to ocean ride we did all of it but a couple hundred miles on two lane back roads and I don't recall being anywhere that we couldn't get cell reception.  Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't recall it.

Do you guys have Verizon? :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, not having cell reception isn't something I've missed so don't know if that's something I'd like to pay extra for.  How did you guys do these rides back when you had to find a phone booth then put a quarter in a rotary dial phone?  You're all spoiled. ;D   So give us more. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.