Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: SEUC or buld your own CVO  (Read 10728 times)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: SEUC or buld your own CVO
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

Did it my way on a 2007 FLHTC for near the same cost as the CVO. I ended up with a far better performance package (Zipper's 120") but as others have mentioned, the resale value takes a significant hit. I just took delivery of a 2009 FLTRSE3 and plan to limit performance mods to simple bolt-ons and ride the hell out of it.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

Did it my way on a 2007 FLHTC for near the same cost as the CVO. I ended up with a far better performance package but as others have mentioned, the resale value takes a significant hit. I just took delivery of a 2009 FLTRSE3 and plan to limit performance mods to simple bolt-ons and ride the hell out of it.

HeHe!!! After riding a 120? Yeah right! Good luck!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »

HeHe!!! After riding a 120? Yeah right! Good luck!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I have a 1993 FXR project that should fill my need for speed! ;)
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

I have a 1993 FXR project that should fill my need for speed! ;)

Oh yeah, I remember you talkin about that. Good luck with that project. It should be a blast! But remember, a man can NEVER have enough HP!!! ;) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »

when you cost it all out, getting a cvo bike is almost like a bargain.  you get almost everything that you could want (almost), and you can try to get it back when you should want to sell it. I know i wouldn't buy a fake.    just sayin'..........

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »

Azsse,

Maybe this is already a done deal but I am going to offer my 2 cents as well. :soapbox: IMHO Buy the SUEC.  It is a bargain.  I bought an 05 ultra when I returned to riding in 2004 after almost a 15 year hiatus.  Even though the 05 was a Cadillac compared to the 83 FXSB lowrider (custom paint and enough gold,chrome and engraving to rival the Cysteen Chapel 8)) I was not satisfied. :-\  The same bike was everywhere, I needed to customize.  I started looking into parts and prices.  I was floored by what I learned. :'(  It would cost $9K to make the bike comparable to a SEUC.  That did not include all the SE goodies either. :o
  I will say this, if you want your bike to be unique, you will not leave the SEUC alone either or any other SE bike you may purchase.  Look back through some of the posts here.  Most of these guys/gals are never satisfied with the ride, look or handling.  We all know there is room for improvement.  Including me.  That being said.  I doubt I would ever buy another HD other than a "Screamin Eagle"

How else could you be part of the brotherhood on CVO Harley.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »

Careful, there is indeed a lightening bolt hovering over Joplin .....  ::)

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »

Damn Talon.  That gotta hurt.  You got some kinda influence with the gods of fire?

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 12:36:37 AM »

For what it's worth...
My opinion is to purchase a CVO

Case in point... A friend of mine wanted a '07 CVO Ultra but hated the idea of a leather TP.  I advised him to buy the bike and also purchase a king TP and have it painted to match.  Upon checking with others he was informed that it could not be done due to too many parts to order and fit.

As pointed out in another post on this site, I also advised another friend who also had a '07 CVO Ultra to do the same thing which he did and it cost him approximately $2,500.00 after selling his leather TP for $650.00.

Getting back to the first guy... He listen to others and purchased a 2007 custom colour Ultra (Jake & Elwood Blue) and proceeded to turn it into his own CVO.

Well, after chroming everthing and then some, putting in a 110 motor, power locks, liner and lights for the TP, heated seat, painted inner fairing, etc., etc.  He made sure that everything that was stock on a CVO was now on his beautiful new bike and his total bill for his new purchase was only a little over $56,000.00!  Unfortunately he didn't take my advise which with the price of the stock CVO being $41,500.00 in '07 plus $2,500.00 for the fiberglass TP (such as my other friend did), this guys bill would have only been $44,000.00 and he would have saved himself as cool $12,000.00.

Foot note - The above mentioned figures are in Canadian dollars, just in case you were wondering.

So, again, I would go for the stock CVO.

But on the upside, he does have a real unique and very cool looking bike winning him a few trophies as pictured below. 

PS - One final note: He did take my suggestion on a custom license plate which reads "MY CVO" 
       Ain't that the truth!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:20:35 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

I posted way earlier on this thread that I should have bought a cvo and saved some money.....But I did do what Grizlys buddy did in regards to my license plate..... :P :D :nixweiss:

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »

Spent 1300.00 on paint also.....forever cvo chasin. Come july or aug hope to have my own factory cvo, just havn't decided if I want a SERG or a SEUC. Anyway heres my SESG in color
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.