Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Six  Speed Trans  (Read 6794 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Re: Six
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »

I have the Baker 6 speed as well not in my CVO it was in my ultra and the only complaint I have is with the taller 1st and 2nd gear is that if your on the throttle and switch into third and your not in the throttle its just like you downshifted.

The same held true when I had originally bought the tranny when I had only the tall first gear and the 6th gear that was 1:1.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 02:49:39 PM »

If I were over 3200 rpm I would notice the decell, the rpms would jump up which is where I noticed it the most.   In MY case I could hear it and feel it.  If i stayed in the throttle it was only a slightly noticeable because the rpm's jumped up to start a bit.  Is it liveable sure, but you asked for feedback.

It isnt as bad as going from 4th to 3rd gear with high rpm's but its there.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:29 AM »

Had a whine in 4th, at 3k rpm,  but after about 6k miles and Redline HD shockproof, it seems to have gone away, or maybe it is my hearing that is going away with the Rineharts at 6000 rpms :-/
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »

Had a whine in 4th, at 3k rpm,
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 12:46:37 PM »

I've put about 15,000 on mine since I got the HD six shooter put in and it took some getting used to, but I have not have any problems with it. Yes there was the stater problem at about 3000 miles (after install) that I would blame on Colonial HD's install. But Hickory NC fixed her up and it has been great ever since.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Noise? I guess if you let the revs drop out from under you it takes a minute to realize that you don't have the quick draw at your disposal and you'll need to down-shift, but it purrs at 80 mph at about 2400 rpm. And she runs smooth from there on up. Hubbard says it - twist it till you can't see 'em any more... well with that tall sixth gear, they become ever decreasing dots in your mirror, and it is smooth and strong all day long!  8-)

The only whine I get is when I start looking for the chrome interface cover! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 09:42:19 PM »

Mr WeCVO,
Got to say that I like what I'm hearing with the HD 6 speed. Quote from HD {like late-style shifting mechanism and a newly designed shift ring system. The shift ring system is similar to that of the V-Rod transmission, and it slides on the shafts to mate into the gears, resulting in smooth, precise and light effort shifting. The first five gears mimic today's proven five speed ratios. Sixth gear is a true overdrive at a .89:1 ratio, which allows the engine to run at a lower RPM in sixth gear, equating to less vibration and a longer engine life. No need to recalibrate electronic speedometer, and due to its compatibility with all H-D exhaust systems, no exhaust mount modifications are neces like late-style shifting mechanism and a newly designed shift ring system. The shift ring system is similar to that of the V-Rod transmission, and it slides on the shafts to mate into the gears, resulting in smooth, precise and light effort shifting. The first five gears mimic today's proven five speed ratios. Sixth gear is a true overdrive at a .89:1 ratio, which allows the engine to run at a lower RPM in sixth gear, equating to less vibration and a longer engine life. No need to recalibrate electronic speedometer, and due to its compatibility with all H-D exhaust systems, no exhaust mount modifications are necessary.}  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Think I'll do this along with a few engine mods this winter!!  Mark

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 11:00:41 AM »

I installed Bakers 1:1 transmission in Sept 2004. Have over 15000 miles on it with no problems. While talking to the people from Baker about the transmission we changed 1-4 gear ratios to match the usable torque from the bike. Since I have changed the stock motor to a TC4G cam and ported and polished heads "hemi" design we felt that this change would be more beneficial. It was only another $250 to change the gear ratios, and after spending $2000 on the gear set then what the hey.Harley does an ok job of matching up parts in their bikes, but when we change things up we need to do a little more homework on what better suits the combination of changes we have done and what we are trying to accomplish in the end result.
The people with Baker were very helpful with my changing the ratios in thier transmission.
One thing they did reccomend was the adding of a hydraulic chain tensioner in the primary. Man does it make a difference on how the bike changes gears, up and down.
Good luck whith your decision.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »

I installed Bakers 1:1 transmission in Sept 2004. Have over 15000 miles on it with no problems. While talking to the people from Baker about the transmission we changed 1-4 gear ratios to match the usable torque from the bike. Since I have changed the stock motor to a TC4G cam and ported and polished heads "hemi" design we felt that this change would be more beneficial. It was only another $250 to change the gear ratios, and after spending $2000 on the gear set then what the hey.Harley does an ok job of matching up parts in their bikes, but when we change things up we need to do a little more homework on what better suits the combination of changes we have done and what we are trying to accomplish in the end result.
The people with Baker were very helpful with my changing the ratios in thier transmission.
One thing they did reccomend was the adding of a hydraulic chain tensioner in the primary. Man does it make a difference on how the bike changes gears, up and down.
Good luck whith your decision.
hogasm,
No doubt some home work is in order, I have some changes that I'd like to make, but to date I havent really sat down and put it to paper on what I'm going to go with. Cams, Throttle body, intake mani. 6 speed.. working to much to really spend the time on the plan of changes. I'll need to reveiw so many threads that I've looked at and then go over it. to make a GOOD choice. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
If we have another winter like last year, I'll have the time to put the bike in for the changes once I've got the build figured. So this year when the snows start I wont be so depressed, cause my baby is getting some upgrading done!! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] 8-)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

Wow - before Brian "dis-liked" Baker!

One thing here I noticed. Brian was told by Baker to use the hydraulic chain tensioner.
Baker now  recommends not using any type of chain tensioner.

Although, when I spoke with a rep last week I got the impression that they were referring to the hydraulic versions as opposed to the newer style HD version.

And I don't think he knew what I was referring to when I mentioned the HD unit.

I installed Bakers 1:1 transmission in Sept 2004. Have over 15000 miles on it with no problems. While talking to the people from Baker about the transmission we changed 1-4 gear ratios to match the usable torque from the bike. Since I have changed the stock motor to a TC4G cam and ported and polished heads "hemi" design we felt that this change would be more beneficial. It was only another $250 to change the gear ratios, and after spending $2000 on the gear set then what the hey.Harley does an OK job of matching up parts in their bikes, but when we change things up we need to do a little more homework on what better suits the combination of changes we have done and what we are trying to accomplish in the end result.
The people with Baker were very helpful with my changing the ratios in their transmission.
One thing they did recommend was the adding of a hydraulic chain tensioner in the primary. Man does it make a difference on how the bike changes gears, up and down.
Good luck with your decision.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.