Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Best bolt in cam for CVO touring models?  (Read 16949 times)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Best bolt in cam for CVO touring models?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »

Highest MAP pressure occurs at WOT
Lowest MAP at lower throttle openings. They are not directly tied but related, load comes into play

Don,

Understand the MAP pressure. But back to your original comment about timing being too retarded at idle to 2K @ 10% throttle, I would think that the only changes to the above chart would be advancing the 20kPa and perhaps 30kPa columns to 20 degrees from 1k - 1.5k. Not sure how much of a cooling effect this small change might make. 
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »

30kpa is what they idle at or thereabouts and what is the source of this timing table? Is this OEM stock 110?

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »

30kpa is what they idle at or thereabouts and what is the source of this timing table? Is this OEM stock 110?

Timing table is from SEST map #205UJ004
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

Well it looks like your map has about the timing I suggested, and why wouldn't it? It is the 110 Race map, no emissions to worry about, if I am not mistaken. The stock curve is retarded for emissions reasons. Retarded timing helps with lowing unburned HC emissions. The big valve and slow port complete the process. This superheated burn takes place in the exhaust port and beginning of the headpipe, hense the high cylinder head temperatures and hot oil because of heat transfer in the heads to the top end oil. This heat thins the oil and lifters bleed off easier. Less lift, exhaust side even more heat. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. Higher throttle opening is required to get the bike to move. Feels like dragging an anchor.
When we modify the motors with longer cams, headwork, and tuning now we have a different motor that rolls on fast, runs cooler, and isn't as hard on the critical components that are stressed to the Max with the stock motor.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »

Well it looks like your map has about the timing I suggested, and why wouldn't it? It is the 110 Race map, no emissions to worry about, if I am not mistaken. The stock curve is retarded for emissions reasons. Retarded timing helps with lowing unburned HC emissions. The big valve and slow port complete the process. This superheated burn takes place in the exhaust port and beginning of the headpipe, hense the high cylinder head temperatures and hot oil because of heat transfer in the heads to the top end oil. This heat thins the oil and lifters bleed off easier. Less lift, exhaust side even more heat. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. Higher throttle opening is required to get the bike to move. Feels like dragging an anchor.
When we modify the motors with longer cams, headwork, and tuning now we have a different motor that rolls on fast, runs cooler, and isn't as hard on the critical components that are stressed to the Max with the stock motor.

Don,
It still runs hot even with this race map.  I am hopeful that your headwork and a set of S&S 585 cams will solve that problem. :2vrolijk_21:

John
Hammer - CVO Member #641

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »

The added exhaust duration in some cases (some stock TC heads) is a detriment. In the case of the 110 it is a big benefit IMO. An oil cooler is a good investment too.

infanterene

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »

I am looking for more power out of my 2009 SERG. I am more into sport touring with the enphasis on sport. We drag race more often than we should and see over 100 often. So will a TW-7 be a good cam for that? Drop in my SERG? If so where can I get one along with a matching tuner and map?

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »

I would be inclined to lead you to a cam with a little later intake closing. There are several that will work but without at least some minor headwork I would be leaning toward the TW408-44 or Andrews 54H. Contact me offline for prices

infanterene

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 12:04:48 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion. Is that cam simular to thier 408g? I couldnt find any dynos for the TW408-44.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »

The -44 is a .530 lift version of the 408 and late roller chain version.
Relatively new so not a lot of dynos yet. Not a lot is happening with the stock heads over .530 lift anyway so no need for the .600 lift cams.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.