Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?  (Read 5913 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: 111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »

Ah, the never ending quest for more horsepower/torque, cubic inches, lower ET's and on and on, an illness many of us suffer from. Since Heatwave appears to have a severe case, may I offer this prescription:

Since you plan on doing your own tuning, TTS Mastertune with it's V-Tune and DataMaster features will provide all the data and tweaking you could possibility want.

As stated by "mcflyer" and others, Dyno numbers can be all over the place because there are so many variables that can impact the results. Plus, dyno time is expensive.

Since your goal of more HP/TQ really means "I want go faster", install a on board performance meter to actually measure your  0-60, 0-100 times, 1/4 mile elapsed time and mph, flywheel and rear wheel hp, and measure this real time while driving your SEUC. PerformanceBox from VBOX USA is a GPS based meter and will work well on a motorcycle. This will make the "seat of your pants testing obsolete. The cost of two dyno runs will more than pay for it.
    http://vboxusa.com/performancedrift/performancebox.php

Good Luck and Be Careful. (I'm sure your testing is on a "closed course with a professional driver")

Tom P.

Actually I'm already running the SEST with no plans to swap out the tuning software. The SuperTuner has SmartTune which I believe is the similar to V-Tune. I'd say my desire to continue my tuning efforts is less about the need to go faster or necessary having more performance and really more about knowing if I've maximized the performance of the current engine build.

The current performance (on paper) of my engine build is lower than bikes with the exact same engine build but on pre-2010 engines. I hope to learn more about what the build is capable of by using Smarttune and confirming its performance by testing on another dyno.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.