Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Street Glide Purchase Advice Wanted  (Read 3728 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Street Glide Purchase Advice Wanted
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:17 PM »

Ray,
Actually, the new Hydraulic rear suspension that comes on the SESG is probably the best OEM suspension I've ever seen the Moco come out with.  I'm 300+lbs and I've yet to bottom out the suspension It gives a good taut, firm ride with plenty of good feedback.  This is actually the first suspension that I haven't been tempted to replace.  I never even knew that it only had 2" of travel, and I can't tell that it does.  I think you should see if you can test ride one.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

:devil:

I totally agree.  Never occured to me till I just read it, but changing the shocks hasn't even entered my mind.  I actually prefer them over the aftermarket shocks that I've had in the past. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »

I agree with the OEM suspension comments about the MC getting it right. I have the drivers backrest and it's the best upgrade for comfort.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:12 PM »

Well boys, congratulate me. I'm proud owner of a Spiced Rum Street Glide. Took it home today. My Springer feels a little left out. I wouldn't call it an impulse buy, but I've sorta been obsessing about the bike since I saw it on the floor. Love my Springer, but looking forward to some comfort on my long rides.

Let the mods begin. Give me your opinions on a few choices:

Exhaust ( four possibilities):

V&H xpipe
Rinehart extreme
Bub TDX crossover pipe
D&D 2:1 with a ghost pipe.   

Nav module for the radio. You can't download maps but it's a streamlined install.  Thoughts?

Here's to more (safe) miles on both bikes.

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:19:36 AM »

Congrats man... I am in the same situation.  I just picked up my Spicy SG on Monday.

I put RineHart True Duals on and LOVE the sound.  The only thing I don't like is that the rear cyl pipe makes checking engine and tranny oils more difficult.

I will get a video tonight of the sound and look for you.  Look for it later on tonight.

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »

Well boys, congratulate me. I'm proud owner of a Spiced Rum Street Glide. Took it home today. My Springer feels a little left out. I wouldn't call it an impulse buy, but I've sorta been obsessing about the bike since I saw it on the floor. Love my Springer, but looking forward to some comfort on my long rides.

Let the mods begin. Give me your opinions on a few choices:

Exhaust ( four possibilities):

V&H xpipe
Rinehart extreme
Bub TDX crossover pipe
D&D 2:1 with a ghost pipe.   

Nav module for the radio. You can't download maps but it's a streamlined install.  Thoughts?

Congrats!!!!!

:worthless: :worthless:

I know you say the nav module is a streamlined install but I would seriously consider one of the Garmin GPS' before getting the nav module. You paying more for less when you get that option. You can get one of the Garmin units and have a better unit and have an MP3 player and bluetooth as extras.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »

I did as Red Devil suggested and took one for good long ride with the wife during Laconia Bike week. I know it was a few weeks ago but I couldn't remember the post where I put the info about the 2" of travel. I absolutely loved the bike, it was lower than my modified SERK and just handled great. I was just amazed at how well I liked it. The bike just ran so nice for a stock 110".  I just got my bike out of the dealership for warranty work and I'm going to try to sell it but I'm not going to give it away and with 33K miles it will be hard to sell. As much as I like the SESG I'm content not having payments. If it's meant to be it will happen. My wife also liked the Limited Ultra but it's just to big for my style of riding. So I stand corrected on the ride but I was right on them being gorgeous. It's the only model in the HD line up that I actually like every color offered for that model. I do think the blue likes me best though.

Ray G.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »

Congrats!!!!!

I know you say the nav module is a streamlined install but I would seriously consider one of the Garmin GPS' before getting the nav module. You paying more for less when you get that option. You can get one of the Garmin units and have a better unit and have an MP3 player and bluetooth as extras.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »

Congratulations on picking an awsome bike. I think you will enjoy having the Springer to jump on.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 07:35:37 AM »

Congrats man... I am in the same situation.  I just picked up my Spicy SG on Monday.

I put RineHart True Duals on and LOVE the sound.  The only thing I don't like is that the rear cyl pipe makes checking engine and tranny oils more difficult.

I will get a video tonight of the sound and look for you.  Look for it later on tonight.

Mal
Congratulations on becoming a new SG CVO owner. I hope you enjoy her as much as I have.

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

That's even the best color, you're one of the lucky ones!  ;D  ;D  ;D
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.