Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Most and Least In Demand CVO'S?  (Read 7224 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Most and Least In Demand CVO'S?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 12:28:42 PM »

I thought I would miss it much more than I did.  The handling on the new bikes (09 and up touring) is just so much more improved.  At one time I posted something like going from a tractor to a Cadallac.
I quit riding due to back/leg pain issues.  Thought I'd really miss it a hell of a lot, too.  But surprisngly, not as much as I thought I would.  That may be because it was a conscious decision for me and not due to some other reason (bike totalled in an accident, etc.). :nixweiss:

I've had a number of people offer to loan me one of their bikes and every time I think about getting back on a bike my head immediatly recalls the the pain that I used to ride with.  No.....I'll pass and keep the pain down to a manageable (without drugs) level. :2vrolijk_21:

I have to agree with you. I still have the 04 and want to part with it. I have way tooooo many bikes right now and don't ride as much as would like to. I am happy to see you have found a life after riding. I travel with a Fuzion 322 toy hauler to BBQ with. It seems I am on the road all of the time. I may cut back next year. I would STILL like to the US on 2 wheels before it is toooo late.

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

Least candidate: V-Rod 
Most: Ultra (demand/volume) & Road Glide (looks)
Favorite: Road King
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »

Least: V Rod then would have to be DYNA'S. Loved mine, an 08 quick and nimble bike. But could not sell it at 2K below blue book, took a 9K hit after 6 years of ownership  :nixweiss: No bags is a hard sell  :(
Most: EG

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »

You can tell by volume that baggers are the most abundant out there.  All depends on how far we are all going.  I don't go more than 100 miles on my bike usually (did do a 1000 mile trip out east on my 05 deluxe a few years ago, but it wasn't enjoyable doing 500 miles on that bike in one day).  When I am able to do more touring I imagine I would step up to a full dresser, and of course it could be nothing less than a CVO :)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »

You can tell by volume that baggers are the most abundant out there.  All depends on how far we are all going.  I don't go more than 100 miles on my bike usually (did do a 1000 mile trip out east on my 05 deluxe a few years ago, but it wasn't enjoyable doing 500 miles on that bike in one day).  When I am able to do more touring I imagine I would step up to a full dresser, and of course it could be nothing less than a CVO :)

You step up to a bagger and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll be "able to do more touring".  It just happens....wasn't anything I planned, it just happens. :nixweiss:

Once you do a couple of cross country trips in comfort, you'll want to do more and more.  It becomes somethat that's all you can think about........until your back (or some other medical issues....hips, knees, etc.) gets in the way.  Do it now, while you still can! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Would love to go on some cross country trips, but with kids ranging from 4-10, those rides won't be in the near future for me.

You step up to a bagger and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll be "able to do more touring".  It just happens....wasn't anything I planned, it just happens. :nixweiss:

Once you do a couple of cross country trips in comfort, you'll want to do more and more.  It becomes somethat that's all you can think about........until your back (or some other medical issues....hips, knees, etc.) gets in the way.  Do it now, while you still can! :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »

Would love to go on some cross country trips, but with kids ranging from 4-10, those rides won't be in the near future for me.

Don't go test ride one of those baggers or you'll be shipping the kids off to grandma's house and figuring out how to do one of those cross country rides. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE3 "Serafina"
    • CVO2: '11 FLTRUSE "Pazia"
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »

I think the demand for any non-bagger CVO will always be less than for the dressers. Take the Breakout, for example...at the end of the day, it's a $28,000 barhopper. Some people will buy it, but a CVO is a major purchase for most people, and most people would, I think, have trouble rationalizing spending the equivalent of a comfortable sedan on something that doesn't even have a windshield.

Don't get me wrong...I've always loved the '06 SE Fatboys and V-Rods (and having owned an '05 V-Rod, it's only a barhopper if the bars aren't too far apart). They're beautiful scoots, and if I could have a stable of bikes, they'd be in it. The MoCo isn't building for aesthetics, they're building what they think will sell.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

I agree with you for the most part, particularly with the v-rods.  At least with the softails/dynas you can put a windshield on and I have a nice harley luggage bag that slides over the backrest on the sissy bar and do an overnight stay somewhere.  And the addition of cruise control the past few years is huge.

I think the demand for any non-bagger CVO will always be less than for the dressers. Take the Breakout, for example...at the end of the day, it's a $28,000 barhopper. Some people will buy it, but a CVO is a major purchase for most people, and most people would, I think, have trouble rationalizing spending the equivalent of a comfortable sedan on something that doesn't even have a windshield.

Don't get me wrong...I've always loved the '06 SE Fatboys and V-Rods (and having owned an '05 V-Rod, it's only a barhopper if the bars aren't too far apart). They're beautiful scoots, and if I could have a stable of bikes, they'd be in it. The MoCo isn't building for aesthetics, they're building what they think will sell.

doode

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Crimson Mist/Dark Slate
    • CVO2: 2006 CVO Screamin Eagle V-Rod - SOLD
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 08:26:26 AM »

This one! The 2010 mid-year release. How often do you see one of these?

ultrarider123

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »

This one! The 2010 mid-year release. How often do you see one of these?

Doode, my all time favorite color combination!  I've had favorites over the years as we all have and my current ride is best color combo I've ever owned but that "Bat Bike" of yours has to be the best of the best.  Congrats to you.  I have yet to see one of these in person, only pictures.  I actually have this bike as one of my screen saver random pictures.  What a beautiful ride.  And, if you ever get a wild hair to sell...well...?   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:45:25 AM by Ultrarider1 »

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »

Doode

You are correct... PERIOD!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.