Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Question for the Performance Gurus  (Read 4855 times)

hogasm

Re: Question for the Performance Gurus
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

Howie hope things work out for you. The dealer here said that it will be at least 14 days till they get the replacements for the 2 bikes they have.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »

Thanks gang. Guess what? I just picked up the bike. It turns out there were hardness issues with the ring gears of '07s up to Feb '07. Anything shipped prior to the end of Jan '07 might be subject to this issue. They changed the hardening procedure, and anything from Feb '07 on has the new material. The clutch shells are backordered until the end of May, '07. I got lucky because some people pulled some strings for me and got a complete clutch assembly shipped from the factory floor. So I have a new clutch in the bike, not just the shell. Let's not forget the chrome starter and inner primary too!

I would like to thank the people from this site who were instrumental in helping me get somewhere on this with HD. You all know who you are. I'd like to thank some forward thinking execs at HD for cooperating with the request to expedite this. And I'd like to thank my dealer, HD of NYC and specifically Frank, Adam and Rash, for also pushing the factory for me. Rash is the head tech there and a friend. He wanted to surprise me and have it finished last night, while I thought I was calling to find out when I'm getting the part. He broke his butt to finish it.

The bike looks great and runs fine. Nothing was done to change performance, just cosmetic. It cost about 500 bucks to upgrade to a chrome starter and replace the inner with a chrome inner primary. Those 2 things were my responsibility. Not too bad for that upgrade.

I posted the pics of the bike on the thread "Some New Mods", that I started earlier for my mods. I'll add the new pics there. I'm happy with the way things turned out. Let's hope everything holds up from here on in! I found out my bike was built on Jan 11, 2007. While it's not a Wednesday bike, it's not Mon or Fri either. A Thursday bike should be just as good as a Wednesday bike!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DavRex

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »

Hey Hoist I finally got my Fatboy Dyno tuned. I put the Black Widow 48's in with gear drives. Not bad numbers considering the stock heads. 94 HP 104Tq. I know there are better numbers out there with the Freedom and the Zippers but if you do any head work you would have to get new cams. With the BW 48 I can do what ever head work I want and keep the cam. I'll be in touch... Are you going to Americade? Dave

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:38 PM »

Hey Hoist I finally got my Fatboy Dyno tuned. I put the Black Widow 48's in with gear drives. Not bad numbers considering the stock heads. 94 HP 104Tq. I know there are better numbers out there with the Freedom and the Zippers but if you do any head work you would have to get new cams. With the BW 48 I can do what ever head work I want and keep the cam. I'll be in touch... Are you going to Americade? Dave

Hey Dave! Those are decent numbers. If the bike's running good, numbers are just numbers. Let me know how you like the Black Widow. I like the fact that they've taken over Sifton stuff. I'm not going to Americade. I have some other trips planned already. We should hook up in the city some time. You're not far from my building. Enjoy the new mods. I'll talk to you soon. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.