Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Harley Does Heat Deflectors  (Read 7067 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Harley Does Heat Deflectors
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:14 PM »

Rog
     Not so much PIA as stupid IMHO. They don't need to be this convoluted. There's a cross brace between em , I mean get real you know.

B B

Thanks for the explanation.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »

Rog
     Not so much PIA as stupid IMHO. They don't need to be this convoluted. There's a cross brace between em , I mean get real you know.

B B

A cross brace on the MoCos?  Recommended the Kurys this afternoon to a friend. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »

A cross brace on the MoCos?  Recommended the Kurys this afternoon to a friend. 

I take back what I said These things look chitty and are a pain in the ass to install. I'm packing them up and taking them back. They cover up the back corner of the rocker boxes and just don't look very good in my opinion. In order to deal with the plastic wire trays on the late model bikes, H-D made them to mount under the fame and over the motor instead of on top of the frame like the Kuryakyn ones do. I'm not too proud to admit I blew it on these things. They suck big time

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

I take back what I said These things look chitty and are a pain in the ass to install. I'm packing them up and taking them back. They cover up the back corner of the rocker boxes and just don't look very good in my opinion. In order to deal with the plastic wire trays on the late model bikes, H-D made them to mount under the fame and over the motor instead of on top of the frame like the Kuryakyn ones do. I'm not too proud to admit I blew it on these things. They suck big time

B B

Well crap.  Live and learn.  Do the Kuryakyn units appear to just suck much less?  Or are they like to be a generally ok little widget?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »

Well crap.  Live and learn.  Do the Kuryakyn units appear to just suck much less?  Or are they like to be a generally ok little widget?

You'd be fine with the Kury's because you don't have the new plastic wire trays on top of your frame rail covering up the holes you put well nuts in with the Kury's. I think they look good. The come in different colors and are lexan I believe. I was just being me and trying to be the loyal H-D goober you know and as usual, I took it where it ain't supposed to go.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 08:57:35 PM »

You'd be fine with the Kury's because you don't have the new plastic wire trays on top of your frame rail covering up the holes you put well nuts in with the Kury's. I think they look good. The come in different colors and are lexan I believe. I was just being me and trying to be the loyal H-D goober you know and as usual, I took it where it ain't supposed to go.

B B

HD may have played back door bingo with your loyalty but, hey, I appreciate the hell out of you sorting what the best options are  :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 25 queries.