Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Roger's bits and pieces  (Read 10304 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Roger's bits and pieces
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 08:26:26 PM »

Right side axle

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 08:27:51 PM »

MoCo deflectors which in the short time I have used them definitely seem to help the issue, no more burned thigh meat. :2vrolijk_21:

Not the prettiest solution in my mind, but it sure does the trick with the heat that boils off the engine in the summertime.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:29:33 PM by Rjob749 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »

And the left side deflector

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

You can also get the heat deflectors in the mirrored chrome look
or clear.  I prefer the mirrored chrome....just one man's opinion.
I don't have either and am glad to hear they do in fact help.
 :cherry:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:15 PM »

You can also get the heat deflectors in the mirrored chrome look
or clear.  I prefer the mirrored chrome....just one man's opinion.
I don't have either and am glad to hear they do in fact help.
 :cherry:

Oh thanks willie, now you tell me :drink: too many Crown and 7's.  Does the MoCo set come in chrome/clear.  They do work IMO.

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 09:56:40 PM »

And the left side deflector

Pardon me if it appears I'm hijacking Roger, but what type of exhaust are you running?  Looks awful similar to mine:  V&H Dresser Duals with SE 65115-98B mufflers.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007, 10:05:32 PM »

Pardon me if it appears I'm hijacking Roger, but what type of exhaust are you running?  Looks awful similar to mine:  V&H Dresser Duals with SE 65115-98B mufflers.

Yep, true duals with SEPro's I got from 103Thunder here.  Really seems to work.  The neighbor just told me how nice they sound. :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 10:22:46 PM »

Yep, true duals with SEPro's I got from 103Thunder here.  Really seems to work.  The neighbor just told me how nice they sound. :2vrolijk_21:
Yep, I know I'm loving mine.  I saw your reply on my "Pinging" thread, and like you said, I'm good to go for the summer.  I'm beginning to get big eyes for some engine mods this winter..................and if my bonus check does me justice, then we'll go through with it.  Need to get the pressed flywheel fixed, which means split cases, so may as well go up to 110" or 113", which also calls for gear drive cams, Feuling oil pump, lifters and support plate..............oh, and gotta have a Baker...................DAMN I have an appetite!

Mine do work well.  I'm lovin' my exhaust.  I did notice that Rod (tuner) had to drill through the small flat plate on one side of the inside of the muffler to get the A/F sniffer all the way up the header.  I think they are MUCH louder now because of that......or it may just be that I'm hearing in stereo after the true dual install.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »

Yep, I know I'm loving mine.  I saw your reply on my "Pinging" thread, and like you said, I'm good to go for the summer.  I'm beginning to get big eyes for some engine mods this winter..................and if my bonus check does me justice, then we'll go through with it.  Need to get the pressed flywheel fixed, which means split cases, so may as well go up to 110" or 113", which also calls for gear drive cams, Feuling oil pump, lifters and support plate..............oh, and gotta have a Baker...................DAMN I have an appetite!

Mine do work well.  I'm lovin' my exhaust.  I did notice that Rod (tuner) had to drill through the small flat plate on one side of the inside of the muffler to get the A/F sniffer all the way up the header.  I think they are MUCH louder now because of that......or it may just be that I'm hearing in stereo after the true dual install.

Most likely the true duals.  I use soft earplugs with my half helmet most of the time, I still can hear the ear speakers for the radio and bluetooth and that's just fine, other than I look a bit dorky, but who gives a flyin; f#*$ what I look like.

REGGAB

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 10:59:27 PM »

Most likely the true duals.  I use soft earplugs with my half helmet most of the time, I still can hear the ear speakers for the radio and bluetooth and that's just fine, other than I look a bit dorky, but who gives a flyin; f#*$ what I look like.

WHAT?  I can't hear you!  :P

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »

WHAT?  I can't hear you!  :P

No, you can still hear ok with plugs, I don't figure I need any more hearing loss than necessary though.

REGGAB

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »

No, you can still hear ok with plugs, I don't figure I need any more hearing loss than necessary though.

That's my problem...........I'm darn near deeeeef due to 22 years of Army Aviation service; and that is even after the triple flange hearing protection.  FARPs are pure hell on us Armament Dawgs.  I got that tinnitus crap bad.  10% from VA............once they finally get my chit straight with all the other physical chit that is wrong with me after the Army pounded my body for 22 years.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »

That's my problem...........I'm darn near deeeeef due to 22 years of Army Aviation service; and that is even after the triple flange hearing protection.  FARPs are pure hell on us Armament Dawgs.  I got that tinnitus crap bad.  10% from VA............once they finally get my chit straight with all the other physical chit that is wrong with me after the Army pounded my body for 22 years.

I hear that.  I was a medic and did evaluations for hearing etc in the Air Force.  We just had no idea how to protect against hearing loss in the 60's.

So i'm trying to keep what I have now.

REGGAB

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »

I hear that.  I was a medic and did evaluations for hearing etc in the Air Force.  We just had no idea how to protect against hearing loss in the 60's.

So i'm trying to keep what I have now.

Good on ya, Roger.  You don't want this tinnitus.  It is maddening.  Sometimes the only way I can get to sleep is with my good friend Klonepan.  Been saying I am an insomniac for years.  Truth is, this ringing and chirping is robbing me of sleep.  Missed my VA appointment, because I was in Arizona when the VA called and told me to be at their facility in Tuskeegee, AL the next day.  Sorta hard to to just drop a contract, go handle personal stuff, and not get paid.  So they ruled service connection for my ears and knees with 0% rating.  Eight other challenges were denied.  So I filed a rebuttal, and was placed at the bottom of the heap.  The VA keeps saying they're gonna get to me.  Looks like I'll be filing amended tax returns for 2005, 2006, 2007, and beyond at this rate once my packet makes it to the top.

Anyway, the SEs are music to what is left of my ears......especially now that they're in stereo. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.